Missing library after windows 10 re-install

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Posts 27
Victor Morrison | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 19 2018 12:28 AM

Had a bit of an issue with my Windows 10 and had to re-install Windows.  I was able to save all my personal data, just lost the programs.

I re-installed Logos 7 successfully, but it doesn't seem to be recognizing my 3000+ book library.  My documents are available though.

Any suggestions to "re-connect" my library with this new installation of Logos 7?  I really don't want to have to delete my library and re-download it.  I use satellite internet and it will take me forever.

Posts 25131
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 1:13 AM

It sounds like you have a copy of the Logos data files somewhere on your disk

If so, you might be able to use a variant of method 2 at https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers   (pasted below):

Method 2

This method saves resource downloading and indexing but gets installation files from Logos servers.
Please read Before you Start carefully.
Note: Your Logos folder name could be \Logos, \Logos4 or \Logos5 depending on how you upgraded.

1. Backup the ...\Logos folder from a working installation to an external drive
  2. Install Logos/Verbum from the appropriate Setup link above.
    • if you want to install a beta version use the link from the Beta forum
    • select Custom installation and uncheck “Automatically Download Updates”
    • change the installation folder (eg. E:\, C:\Users\username) or leave as default
    • immediately exit the Sign-in window after the installation has finished
    • if the window does not appear go to the next Step
  3. If they exist delete the following folders from the new installation and replace them from your backup
    • \Logos\Data
    • \Logos\Documents
    • \Logos\Users
    • these are the only folders that you need from backup
  4. Start Logos and sign-in
  5. Open some resources. If you get the message “This resource is no longer in your library”:-
    • enter scan <path to backup resources> in the Command box
    • restart Logos for versions prior to v6
    • Logos can take some time to discover your resources

<path to backup resources> is ...\Logos\Data\randomId\ResourceManager\Resources

But I would have expected the data to start downloading automatically if you didn't do something to prevent it

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS