L4 crash report - crashes at least once a day

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
Douglas Livie | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:55 AM

Hi there.  

I just found out how to report crashes.  I bought the L4 for mac last week.  It seems that the program crashes at least once a day.  Sorry I can't say what manipulations I was doing or what functions I was using.  I will keep an eye on that.  Next time, if it crashes again, I'll generate a report straight away.

Hope the bugs are getting worked out.  Any idea when the beta is coming?

Douglas Livie

2248.L4mac log Archive.zip

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 1:53 AM

Hello Douglas

Welcome to the forums. I suggest you change your display name to something other than your email address. As it is you're an easy target for spam. Have a look at this post to help you change it: http://wiki.logos.com/Changing_Forum_Display_Name

Have a look at the 'Guide to Reporting Bugs' (the link is in my signature, below). It's best to set yourself up as described in this post *before* you have a crash to report.

Your question regarding the beta is a common one. Have a look at the FAQ (also linked below), in particular section 4.

There's normally a new alpha release every two weeks. So have fun playing with each update as it comes!

Stephen

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 13
Douglas Livie | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 2:39 AM

Thanks for the tip on changing display names.  It was changed in public profile but not in the forums.

The report I sent followed the procedure described in the Guide.  If the archive file needs to be different from the way I sent it, I'd be glad to receive feedback from one of the Logos ninjas.

will the nlog.config file need to be updated each time I report a crash?  Or is it updated as each update is released.

I'm happy to send along crash reports as they happen.  Hopefully that won't be very frequent.

Blessings,

Douglas Livie

Posts 10676
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 4:29 AM

Douglas Livie:
will the nlog.config file need to be updated each time I report a crash?  

Welcome, Douglas.

No, you do not need to do anything with this file once it is enabled.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS