How to SELECT, copy, and paste lengthy sections of text?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 19 2018 4:28 PM

Hi! I downloaded the free version of Logos to try it out.  I need to copy and paste the text in order to read it via special means.

I am having trouble copying more than one word at a time. I was able to copy and paste an entire overview article by accident, but am unable to perform the action again as I do not know what exactly I did to select and copy the entire article (The overview article was "Biblical Theology" in the Faithlife Study Bible. It copied all of it down to the copyright bibliography). I can only figure out how to copy a single word at a time.

Being able to copy and paste entire articles, chapters, pages, passages, sections, and maybe even shorter books will make or break whether I can use Logos. Please explain to me how I can SELECT, copy, and paste these larger portions of text. I know it's possible because I did it on accident, but how did I do it? How does Logos behave in this area? Why am I only selecting one word at a time? Moreover, how does the select-all shortcut (Ctrl+A) behave?

Thanks!

Posts 26257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 7:42 PM

Welcome to the forums. What platform are you running on? It makes a difference in how one does it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 8:51 PM

Running L7 via Win10 on a laptop.

Posts 26257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 11:35 PM

Standard selection - left mouse / left mouse with CTRL should work. Can you describe the problem when you try these?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 20 2018 2:13 AM

Scott Howell:
Being able to copy and paste entire articles, chapters, pages, passages, sections, and maybe even shorter books will make or break whether I can use Logos.

The most effective way to do this is from through print. Select print from the resource window.

In the left column, you can select chapters and sections up to 100 pages. You can also use the selection box to enter a reference or page range.

On the right, choose the option to export, "copy to clipboard" or, if you intend to copy to one of the documents listed, you can export directly to a new or existing document. 

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 20 2018 3:08 AM

Scott Howell:
in order to read it via special means

If perchance this involves reading on a kindle, be aware that there is ample documentation that has been provided on how to do this. 

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 21 2018 7:15 PM

MJ:
Thanks! I can figure out how to select and copy more words now using the left mouse button and sliding it. Earlier, it wasn't working for some reason.

Francis:
Interesting. I will play around with it. It could work for me. It certainly isn't intuitive though. Logos needs to be more intuitive in this area.  No Kindle here, htw.

Keep any tips coming!

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 26 2018 4:08 PM

Francis:
It works great! It's not intuitive, but it works.

Question: when in the print window, is there a shortcut key for clicking the copy to clipboard link?

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 26 2018 4:35 PM

MJ:
After I select some text using the mouse, I may feel the need to adjust that selection a little more or less. The standard Windows maneuver to do this is Shift+Arrow keys (to adjust the selection). This does not seem to work in Logos which I find absurd. Am I missing something? How do I adjust the selection with the keyboard?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS