Page 2 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 83 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 2:11 AM

I have one more for the wish list:

• Please allow paying with Logos store credit.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 3675
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 3:20 AM

Mark Smith:

scooter:
This is precisely how I do it, but would appreciate 1 search to cover all portals.

I would, also. I think a search on the Logos web site should give the option to search Vyrso (E-books). (I don't think that should be available on the Vyrso site since that might be confusing.)

I agree that it can be frustrating to have to head to different sites to search for products (vyrso, noet, logos). At the same time, I would not want to go to the Logos store and have to sort through tons of novels when I am searching for academic products. So whichever way the ability to search from logos.com is done, it should be done intelligently so as to allow users to search what they want and leave out what they don't want. Perhaps sorting categories will do the trick?

Posts 939
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 5:22 AM

Jan Krohn:

I have one more for the wish list:

• Please allow paying with Logos store credit.

Jan

You can do this. I do it by having a web chat with sales. I've even been able to combine Logos and Vyrso orders this way too with a coupon. You're right though that store credit can't be used online with Vyrso. Thanks for all your money saving emails.

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 5:31 AM

Paul Caneparo:
You can do this. I do it by having a web chat with sales. I've even been able to combine Logos and Vyrso orders this way too with a coupon. You're right though that store credit can't be used online with Vyrso. Thanks for all your money saving emails.

I know this is possible. I'd really prefer to be able to do that at checkout though.

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 5:36 AM

In both FL's site + Vyrso, I am forever changing show to 60.  It should always be 60.  Or 100, etc.

I will know when something I am searching for has generated sufficient hits, so show 3 score or more.

Multiple times a day I change the show to 60 + am vastly tired of doing so.

Posts 69
Mike Measley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 5:52 AM

PetahChristian:

Will FL add cross-site search results? It's not really practical to expect customers to repeat a search on two or three sites. I will search Logos for a book, but often forget to search Vyrso (and have never searched ...

I would second this and the request to have visit titles in the store front for the faithlife app. I am encouraging my whole church to use the app. We also have a group going through the love Dare. They cannot get the book in the store from the app. Having to go to another website means lost sales when they can just get the book in their Kindle or Google app. 

Mike Measley

Using Logos Desktop Software, Proclaim, Faithlife Groups, Faithlife Apps (Android), app.logos.com

Windows 10, Android  7, Chromebook (app.logos.com/Chrome Desktop Remote)

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 6:27 AM

pk47:
Now if only Faithlife Ebooks can get Harper One titles to become available for purchase.

+1 Yes

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 6:32 AM

scooter:
Multiple times a day I change the show to 60 + am vastly tired of doing so.

I can feel your pain! Tongue Tied

In the meantime... Simply create a bookmark with the preferences you want. For example: https://vyrso.com/products/search?q=price%3A%5B0+TO+7.99%5D+-title%3Asampler&unlocked=no&start=&sort=pricelo&pageSize=60 

That link will show you 60 results, only books you don't own, none with the word "sampler" in the title, sorted by price (low to high). 

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 6:34 AM

PetahChristian:
Will FL add cross-site search results? It's not really practical to expect customers to repeat a search on two or three sites.

I got you a sale today in the forums from a member trying to convert a Kindle resource via PBB... the user didn't know it was on Vyrso. 

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 6:38 AM

+ bama:  Thank you.

Posts 3675
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 6:47 AM

One of the interesting questions if searches are consolidated is what would become of sorting categories in the store: those of vyrso and those of logos differ quite a bit and it would impractical to simply consolidate the two lists of categories (the list would be too long). 

Posts 1572
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 8:04 AM

Here's a workaround I developed (for Mac Users) to search multiple Faithlife sites simultaneously: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/158746.aspx

Posts 3235
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 8:23 AM

I got this off the forums a while ago but for PC I make a bookmark and paste this in the URL spot

javascript:void(q=prompt('Logos/Noet/EbooksNoet/Vyrso%20Multi-Search:',getSelection()));if(q)%20%7B%20location.href='https://logos.com/products/search?q='%20+%20escape(q)%20+%20'&unlocked=no';%20window.open('https://ebooks.noet.com/search?query='%20+%20escape(q)%20+%20'&unlocked=no');%20window.open('https://noet.com/search?query='%20+%20escape(q)%20+%20'&unlocked=no');%20window.open('https://vyrso.com/products/search?q='%20+%20escape(q)%20+%20'&unlocked=no');%20%20%7D

Posts 1095
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 11:33 AM

Mark Smith:

I would, also. I think a search on the Logos web site should give the option to search Vyrso (E-books).

One of the best ideas I've heard in a long time. AND it would likely generate extra sales for FL. Just think about how many people probably give up after a Logos.com search, without knowing their desired product could be/is available on Vyrso.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 519
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 12:56 PM

scooter:

In both FL's site + Vyrso, I am forever changing show to 60.  It should always be 60.  Or 100, etc.

Yes

Posts 3048
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 2:43 PM

For my part, I would appreciate an easy way to screen all fiction out of my searches on Vyrso.

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 2:54 PM

SineNomine:
For my part, I would appreciate an easy way to screen all fiction out of my searches on Vyrso.

That would be good. However, for such filter to work properly, the individual resources need to be tagged as fiction accordingly.

But maybe this has been messed up by the publishers... There are only a few, but notable, cases of mis-labelling.

Posts 3048
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 2:58 PM

Are you sure that book is mis-labelled?

Posts 1836
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 27 2018 12:52 PM

Natalie Mills:

Jan Krohn:

This sounds really awesome. I'm excited! Vyrso... er Faithlife Ebooks is headed for growth!

If there's going to be a major update to the Vyrso API as well, I'd really appreciate to know about this a couple of days ahead of time, so that I can adapt my autodiscovery scripts for eBook freebies and ebook deals. There are a couple of hundred recipients to whom the scripts send out messages, and who don't want to miss any free books :-)

Is Noet Ebooks going to be revamped as well?

Thanks for the encouragement! We're excited to be bringing more life into the Vyrso universe. As of now, Noet Ebooks won't be getting any modifications. For the Vyrso API, I'll have to look into that with someone from our production team and get back to you. Thanks!

As a subscriber to Jan's unofficial site, I concur that his site is a great way to drive traffic to the Faithlife eBooks store!!

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 22
LogosEmployee
Natalie Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 1:15 PM

Jan Krohn:

If there's going to be a major update to the Vyrso API as well, I'd really appreciate to know about this a couple of days ahead of time, so that I can adapt my autodiscovery scripts for eBook freebies and ebook deals. There are a couple of hundred recipients to whom the scripts send out messages, and who don't want to miss any free books :-)

Hi Jan,

Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about this request. I'm still looking for a good answer for you on this, and I'll let you know as soon as I've heard something from our developers. Thanks for your patience!

Natalie

Page 2 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS