Logos 7 Crashes when I try to open any of my documents (notes, clippings, passage list)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10
Tim Drushal | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 28 2018 3:21 PM

I needed to move my Logos 7 install from one drive to another. In accordance with the directions I found on a forum page, I uninstalled Logos and reinstalled on the new drive. Now if I try to open any of my user created documents like notes, clippings, passage lists, or even my user created layouts Logos 7 crashes. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tim D1881.LogosErrorandCrash.zip

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 3:36 PM

Tim Drushal:
In accordance with the directions I found on a forum page, I uninstalled Logos and reinstalled on the new drive.

There are probably 4-5 different methods. Which did you use? 

I am not sure if the "techies" will have everything needed from the logs you already posted. It may be good for you to enable logging and post new ones, per the instructions in my signature line. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10
Tim Drushal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 3:46 PM

I downloaded the installer from Logos link provided with my purchase of Logos 7. I uninstalled the program using Revo Uninstaller. I ran the installer from the download location and proceeded with a custom install so that it would go to my program drive (D:) rather the OS drive (C:). 

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 5:27 PM

Based upon your description, you are redownloading not only the engine (application), but also all of your resources and data files. Is that right? Are you sure they have all downloaded and indexed already? If so, please provide those logs for the techies. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10
Tim Drushal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 5:41 PM

I am fairly certain it was completed downloading and indexing. The indexing itself took quite some time. Also, the program is not indicating that it is downloading or indexing. The little blue circle in the upper right corner indicates 1 when I start the program and then disappears and the "sync circle" is not spinning. 

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 29 2018 7:14 PM

Tim Drushal:
I ran the installer from the download location and proceeded with a custom install so that it would go to my program drive (D:) rather the OS drive (C:). 

It looks as though that happened, but please upload complete logs to provide more information.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 10
Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 2:22 PM

We'll need a response from Faithlife about this.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2635
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 10:17 AM

Tim Drushal:

I needed to move my Logos 7 install from one drive to another. In accordance with the directions I found on a forum page, I uninstalled Logos and reinstalled on the new drive. Now if I try to open any of my user created documents like notes, clippings, passage lists, or even my user created layouts Logos 7 crashes. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tim D1881.LogosErrorandCrash.zip

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry you are having problems with your installation of Logos. I've asked our tech support team to reach out to you. They will be able to help you troubleshoot. They will connect with as soon as they are able.

Posts 3152
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 11:06 AM

Hi Tim,

I've emailed you about this.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS