Reinstallation not Upgrading

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 28 2018 3:43 PM

I had to re-install Logos because of issues with Windows and did a whole new clean installation of everything. I actually had to do it twice because the first time I still had some issues.

The first time I did when I re-installed Logos 7 it was on 7.8 and showed in yellow I needed to update but kept showing no update available.

Now that I have done it a second time, I am on 7.3 and still yellow and when I click on update now says no update is available.

How do I get my clean installation to update to the current version of Logos?

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 10:47 PM

Try this from here

Posts 24742
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 29 2018 4:19 PM

Ken Rutherford:
Now that I have done it a second time, I am on 7.3 and still yellow and when I click on update now says no update is available.

If you reinstall Windows with apps in place (judging by your comments) some will not work, including Logos.

Before you do a clean re-install of Logos you need to uninstall it in Programs and Features.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 29 2018 4:22 PM

I did a clean installation of Windows 10 both times deleting all data then installed Logos. Do I need to do that again?

Posts 24742
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 29 2018 7:37 PM

I'm puzzled how you ended with old versions of Logos. Deleting data folders alone doesn't work as you have to uninstall from Programs and Features and then do a reinstall.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 11:11 AM

Dave Hooton:
I'm puzzled how you ended with old versions of Logos.

Ken, on this subject is it possible you're running older LogosSetup files that still happen to be where you download files from the internet? I would advise deleting all LogosSetup files that appear in the Downloads folder (or wherever you download files), and download a fresh LogosSetup file from www.logos.com/install

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS