TYNDALE!!!!

Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 4:12 AM

Just picked up my 9 volumes for $21.38. When they downloaded, I noticed that one of the library resources was "The Song of Songs: Bible Text," and it was type:Bible. When I opened it up, the "Bible Text" was the author's translation into English. I was not expecting Hebrew text from this particular series, but I can't think of any other instances where the author's translation downloads as a separate resource. I know several of the more technical commentary sets have maybe Greek, Hebrew, or Latin texts that download with them, but it was kind of neat to see an author's English translation available as a separate file. If Faithlife continues doing this, it would eventually allow us to make a collection out of such resources and use the Text Comparison tool to quickly compare how a given set of authors translates a particular passage. That is an exciting thought!

Posts 1026
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 4:30 AM

Thanks to FaithLife and IVP UK.

Posts 1996
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 4:30 AM

That is a great deal.  I bought the 9 volume upgrade in August when it was released on pre-pub for $119.  

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 3254
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 5:00 AM

Joseph Turner:

That is a great deal.  I bought the 9 volume upgrade in August when it was released on pre-pub for $119.  

6/12-month Pre-pub lowest price guarantee?

Posts 50
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 5:01 AM

Nord Zootman:

Thanks Francis! and Thanks Faithlife!

I had purchased this at $44 a couple of weeks ago and was able to call and get credit for the difference.

Thanks for the information; I also purchased them a few weeks ago for $44.40. Hoping I can get a credit for the difference as well.

Daniel

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 5:26 AM

Does the PrePub promise hold true in this case? If one purchase within a year and it is offer lower than the PrePub price then one gets credited.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 6489
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 6:43 AM

Ted Hans:

Does the PrePub promise hold true in this case? If one purchase within a year and it is offer lower than the PrePub price then one gets credited.

I think is 6 months for none Logos Now members and 1 year for LN members.

DAL

Posts 2339
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 7:00 AM

Ted Hans:

That would be interesting to know, since the original PrePub was without dynamic pricing I assume, and the current deal is only available with dynamic pricing. Therefore, it's not quite exactly the same product (just almost the same...)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 3254
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 7:45 AM

Jan Krohn:
That would be interesting to know, since the original PrePub was without dynamic pricing I assume, and the current deal is only available with dynamic pricing. Therefore, it's not quite exactly the same product (just almost the same...)

According to the new pre-pub pricing policy thread, the savings has to be on the same product that was originally offered on pre-pub.

The Tyndale Commentaries upgrade is apparently no longer available for purchase. I think this is unfortunate for pre-pub purchasers, as they can't know if it would have also gone on sale this month, entitling them to a store credit.

Posts 622
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 1:57 PM

If anyone's wondering why the new books aren't showing up in their Passage Guide, the newer ones are grouped as 'Tyndale Commentary Series' rather than 'Tyndale' (when you go to prioritize resources)

Since they're all being sold as part of the same set it would be helpful if they could be merged into the one group.

Posts 17990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 2:57 PM

Stephen Steele:
Since they're all being sold as part of the same set it would be helpful if they could be merged into the one group.

Thanks => manually changed series from The Tyndale Commentary Series to Tyndale Commentaries so one series has all the Tyndale Commentary volumes.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2079
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 5:06 PM

The 9 volumes are upgrade, newer volumes. If I upgrade, do I keep my old volumes so that I have both?  Just making sure....

Posts 8979
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 5:08 PM

Gao Lu:

The 9 volumes are upgrade, newer volumes. If I upgrade, do I keep my old volumes so that I have both?  Just making sure....

Yes, you get to keep both versions.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2079
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 5:18 PM

Thanks, Bruce.  Its a done deal!

Posts 8979
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 5:23 PM

Gao Lu:

Its a done deal!

One too good to pass up!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1858
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 7:49 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Stephen Steele:

Thanks => manually changed series from The Tyndale Commentary Series to Tyndale Commentaries so one series has all the Tyndale Commentary volumes.

Keep Smiling Smile

also manually changed the series, but noticed the citation still has "The Tyndale Commentary Series"

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1962
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 3 2018 12:04 AM

Great deal

Posts 1784
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 4:07 PM

Jan Krohn:

For me it's 38 volumes for $87.25. This is somewhat tempting...

I am in the same boat.   Confused (Did you take the leap? ) 

What about the Tyndel set makes it worth buying? 

How can you justify it to your spouse if you already own many commentaries? 

Ps:  Any one can jump in on this question, rational and thoughts Big Smile

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 1721
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 5:30 PM

Tom:

You could try reverting to childhood and say "...because"   (Nah, It doesn't work for me, either.)

Win 10 Android 9 Fire OS 5

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:27 PM

Tom:
What about the Tyndel set makes it worth buying? 

The Tyndale is a good basic set for people who don't own a lot of commentaries. It is a great set for lay people, those who need a solid set of evangelical commentaries on the whole Bible that are not too technical and don't require the knowledge of the original languages and at a reasonable price. 

If you already own a lot of commentaries, you may not need Tyndale, but there are many volumes that you might like to have. In the NT, Stott on the Epistles of John, Moo on James, Wright on Colossians and Philemon, and Morris on 1 Corinthians. In the OT there are many more. In fact, you might want to look at Best Commentaries and check out the rankings for the OT volumes yourself.

Tom:

If you share Logos with your spouse, this would probably be a set she uses a lot.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS