Logos 7 Freezing and Becoming Unusable

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Zachary Jackson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 1 2018 11:23 AM

I recently installed Logos 7 on my computer at church and have barely been able to use it. It barely responds and when it does, it might take 10 minutes just to load something. More often then not, it just says "Not Responding" and I have to close it. I'm running Windows 10 on a PC with a quad-core 3.2 Ghz CPU, and 7GB of RAM. It works great on my laptop. 

The only thing in the error logs is...

Program Version: 7.12 SR-1 (7.12.0.0035)
Time: 2018-02-01 13:58:39 -05:00 (2018-02-01T18:58:39Z)
SQLite Error 539: recovered 3 pages from F:\Logos\Data\5kmjw1qs.xsd\TouchPoints\TouchPointsManager.db-journal

Any idea what I can do to make Logos work? 

Posts 3152
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 3:11 PM

Hi Zachary,

Thank you for reaching out about the performance you're observing. There are a number of reasons Logos might not operating as quickly as you might expect. Probably the most common reason the application can become slow is if the indexer is running. If running, especially on computers using hard drives (as opposed to Sold State Drives), everything else will be a lot slower because of the computer's resources the indexing process takes.

Do you see a blue circle to the left of sync arrows and word Layouts in the top-right corner when you are on the home page in Logos? If so click on that. It will tell you what it is doing. I would let the indexer finish before doing a whole lot in Logos.

We have an article on optimizing Logos here. If the indexer is not running and the optimization ideas don't help, can you provide some more details? A specific scenario with a step by step list of instructions for what you do, and the exact and observed behavior would be useful. Capturing this behavior with logging enabled would be helpful as well.

Logging instructions:

Windows |  https://www.logos.com/support/windows/report-problem

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS