Detecting links between books

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Thomas Binder | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 3 2018 3:02 AM

Is there a method for finding out, which book in my library is linked to another book?

E.g. I own the Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament.

Now I want to know, which other book references specifically to that volume.

Other question. Is there an english equivalent to the Neuer Sprachlicher Schlüssel zum Neuen Testament?

Thank you for your assistance.

Posts 9961
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 3 2018 3:35 AM

Welcome Thomas!

Thomas Binder:

Is there an english equivalent to the Neuer Sprachlicher Schlüssel zum Neuen Testament?

Yes, Zerwick's book: https://www.logos.com/product/4229/a-grammatical-analysis-of-the-greek-new-testament 

Thomas Binder:
Is there a method for finding out, which book in my library is linked to another book?

It's quite easy to find out which other books in your library (or in the Logos universe but not in your library) are linked from a book you own, with the concordance function. It will build a concordance of a resource ("word"), the references to datatypes (e.g. bible) it uses ("reference") and - which is applicable to your question -  the resources it links to ("works cited"). 

I think I remember there was a search syntax that you could run against the library to find where a resource is linked to (such as in your example), but the specifics elude me at the moment. There is also the problem that not all textual references will have been made into  link - especially when the author is referencing a lexicon. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS