Well played, sir. Well Played.

Posts 396
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2010 8:57 PM

ouch, loved it

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2010 6:16 PM

Cameron Watters:

Chris Roberts:
I have a suspicion you will get two out of three. Highlighting? I think so. Notes? I suspect maybe we'll see an early form. Prayer list? I'm not expecting it yet.

http://ref.ly/Dt18.20-22

Now I have to figure out which part might not be right... Guess I could be patient and wait, but this is the 21st century! Patience is so 100 years ago.

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 4:55 AM

Chris Roberts:
Patience is so 100 years ago.

Patience is so Galatians 5:22. That is, timeless. Smile

Cf. Philippians 1:6. You'll get there, brother. Wink

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 7:04 AM

Alan Macgregor:
Patience is so Galatians 5:22. That is, timeless. Smile

But if you look at the Greek for that you will find it doesn't really mean "patience" it means something more like "those who have been equipped to be patient" which means it doesn't apply to everyone but only those who have been so equipped. Plus, Galatians was written to the church at Galatia in response to some particular 1st century issues that no longer apply today so while that is God's Word, it doesn't really have any modern day application.

Faithful interpretation of Scripture is so 100 years ago. Making the Bible say what you want is the way of the 21st century!

Posts 456
Pastor Roger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 7:14 AM

Chris Roberts:
it doesn't really have any modern day application.

None? Tongue in cheek, right?

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 4704
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 7:19 AM

LOOK!!!! ----- there's a bull.

And who is that waving the red rag?

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 7:23 AM

Roger Feenstra:

Chris Roberts:
it doesn't really have any modern day application.

None? Tongue in cheek, right?

Maybe a little. :) Or a lot.

Posts 4704
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 8:36 AM

Somebody has stolen the release notes for Alpha 18 call the peelers.

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 8:51 AM

Mike Binks:
Somebody has stolen the release notes for Alpha 18

I think we know what that means ... Big Smile

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 4704
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 10:54 AM

I've got it

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 11:00 AM

Mike Binks:
I've got it

Me too. Initiates *big* reindexing ...

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 146
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 11:06 AM

performance is still an issue... it feels like the Alpha is stalled out here since about A16. 

Wondering how long the Beta process will be now... and actually how long it will be until the Mac version isn't so far behind the PC side. 

The end of May is the unofficial 6-month mark (actually 7 months since the L4 - "cross-platform" release). It looks like the Mac side is at this point at least a year behind the PC side. 

That is disappointing.

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 30
Jordan Tatom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 11:24 AM

Right now I am just happy they decided to make a Mac version.  They are making great progress!! I am not a programmer, but it is certainly time consuming and takes a good bit of trial and error.  I am so happy for what we have so far!!

Keep up the great work Logos Mac Team!!

Posts 30
Jordan Tatom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 11:35 AM

Also, as a reminder.  Let us not be quick to judge while it is indexing.  It will be sluggish during indexing and understandably so.  I have at least 26 hours left of indexing before I will do any real playing around with Alpha 19.

I am just a man, but let us all be patient and remember that an Alpha is an Alpha and nothing more.  I think we should let Logos know when there are problems, but let us not act like that the fact there are problems is a bad thing.  We already know there are problems, because this is an Alpha.  They just need our help finding some problems that they may not have found yet.

The finished product, even if it is a year from now, will be awesome!!!  (And yes, I made up the "year from now" time frame).

Posts 146
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 11:58 AM

Jordan... bro...

Logos is not a charitable organization. I like it alot... but, we are customers. I am not being ungracious. I am simply stating the fact that things like "26 hours left to index..." is very disappointing. 

I have a mind-boggling investment made in Logos and I want to continue to spur them on to deliver the products they have sold. They did not deliver on the first Mac product - I paid for that too. 

I am just wanting to make sure we celebrate the right things and we spur them on in the right things. 

Logos is a big boy company. I love that. They have made great strides to be the leader in the industry... I am simply interacting with them given the expectations they have set for themselves as a company. This is not simply a disappointment isolated to 7 months... it is a disappointment that goes back to 2006 when they first began to market Logos for Mac. I'm disappointed that we are only at this point in 4 yrs. I certainly think there are better things to come with Logos for Mac. But, up to this point in the Alpha Process that I have "upgraded" (= $$$) to participate in... I'm not thrilled.

(I know, I know, I know... it's Alpha - that is part of the point!)

With all loyalty to Logos,

Ross

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 17
Rob Schlegel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 1:01 PM

thanks for all your comments.. .i am considering logos for mac (not currently using logos or mac).  just curious as to which features are missing from mac platform?  also wondering if all titles (books, commentaries, etc) are available to search / view on the mac?  right now I am pretty settled on getting logos, just trying to decide if I should switch to mac or stick with PC so that logos (and a few other programs) will work well?  thoughts?

Posts 4704
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 1:14 PM

Rob,

You will find a couple of other threads in the forum rehearsing the benefits of switching.

In answer to your specific question all books and commentaries are equally readable on both the mac and the PC.

The definitive advice is 'go for it'.

Tootle pip

Mike

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS