Free at Last!

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 14 2018 12:53 PM

Just paid off my payment plan...have had one in one form or another for past 4 years (give or take).  I had been putting my book allowance to it, but since the new payment plan changes (whenever the overhaul to them happened) I have stopped with the purchases.  

Who knows what I'll do now.  Definitely won't be doing the banking of book credit.  

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 12:58 PM

M-m-m-m-arch MADNESS is up next, Everett.

Posts 2033
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 1:21 PM

Might be a good time to go to LA to join Logos Anonymous.  12 steps to a victorious, holy life and better credit.

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 1:24 PM

Everett Headley:
Just paid off my payment plan

That must be a nice feeling!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6222
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 2:06 PM

Me too! I only have one small payment plan, but as far as Base Packages go, I own everything! We’ll see how March Madness goes, if not, I’ll wait for Logos 8, but I will most likely pay cash instead of another long payment plan and get only what’s necessary! FREEDOM!!!

DAL

Posts 490
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 3:02 PM

With the newly freed up book budget, you can always purchase https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/12832/the-total-money-makeover-workbook

😜

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 1004
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 3:37 PM

I know this has been posted before, but this seems like an appropriate place to re-post it.

The Babylon Bee: Pastor Takes Out Second Loan On Home To Purchase Logos Bible Software

Posts 528
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:10 PM

Everett Headley:

Just paid off my payment plan...have had one in one form or another for past 4 years (give or take).  I had been putting my book allowance to it, but since the new payment plan changes (whenever the overhaul to them happened) I have stopped with the purchases.  

Who knows what I'll do now.  Definitely won't be doing the banking of book credit.  

It is a nice feeling Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 2286
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:54 PM

Everett Headley:

Congratulations! Big Smile Now for you, to resist the touted big journal release to come in March. Cash or a brief extension on your own credit is best. Stay out! My prayer for all hardcore users with big libraries.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 321
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:59 PM

If Logos says you are free, you are free indeed!

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 7:47 PM

Beloved:

[Congratulations! Big Smile Now for you, to resist the touted big journal release to come in March. Cash or a brief extension on your own credit is best. Stay out! My prayer for all hardcore users with big libraries.

I quit journals in Logos.  I get them all on Galaxie now.  I pay $50/yr, I don't "own" them.  But, I also don't have to hope and pray they will be released. 

Posts 3154
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 2:30 AM

Everett Headley:

Beloved:

[Congratulations! Big Smile Now for you, to resist the touted big journal release to come in March. Cash or a brief extension on your own credit is best. Stay out! My prayer for all hardcore users with big libraries.

I quit journals in Logos.  I get them all on Galaxie now.  I pay $50/yr, I don't "own" them.  But, I also don't have to hope and pray they will be released. 

YesYesBeer

Posts 753
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 6:03 AM

scooter:

M-m-m-m-arch MADNESS is up next, Everett.

Love the madness!

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 6:11 AM

Congrats!!!

In keeping with the significance of the Month. From one of the greatest.

mm.

Posts 6222
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 8:34 AM

😁

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 8:51 AM

EastTN:

I know this has been posted before, but this seems like an appropriate place to re-post it.

The Babylon Bee: Pastor Takes Out Second Loan On Home To Purchase Logos Bible Software

At one point I wondered if I would have to sell my first born to keep up. Which one will bring me more money? The 17 year old male or pre-teen girl? Big Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 11:31 AM

Everett Headley:

I did the same thing a couple of months ago.  It is a nice feeling.  Of course, I am tempted by certain Logos sale offerings, but so far I have remained strong and committed to no more payment plans.  Unless Logos and Abingdon decide to publish the new edition of Wesley's Works, which is unlikely, I think I can resist the rest.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 11:34 AM

Milkman:

Congrats!!!

In keeping with the significance of the Month. From one of the greatest.

Truly a man greatly used by God for good.  It is a better world because he was faithful to his call.  And a great preacher, too.  Have read some of his sermons, and the guy could really preach very well indeed.  

i thought of Dr. King while watching my little county seat church youth group in Mississippi.  We are an overwhelmingly white church, but our youth group is about 20 to 25 per cent African American.  There are a number of mixed race children in our fellowship, and they are beloved.  Some African American adults attend.  Do you realize how impossible that would have been in small town Mississippi had Dr. King not lived?    I think God for the miracle of God's love.  This is not a perfect church, and has its problems.  But don't tell me these folks cannot grow.  I grew up in this town, and now I am growing old in this town, and I know.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 12:38 PM

Everett Headley:

I paid mine off a while back...it feels great. I plan on just buying things outright for the future. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 2:08 PM

Keith Pang:
I plan on just buying things outright for the future. 

Personally, this has always been my strategy for almost everything I have purchased in my life.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS