Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 108
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 15 2018 5:35 AM

FYI -- Just noticed that all the Exalting Jesus titles are missing from Faithlife Ebooks (old Vyrso). What gives???

Posts 1830
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 5:37 AM

May mean they are being moved into a Logos format.

Posts 592
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 8:28 AM

Which should mean that if you owned them in Vryso format, you will get them free in Logos format.

Posts 894
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 8:51 AM

I spotted too, as I have 2 volumes bookmarked.  I've contacted someone internally for the inside track on what's happening.  Will update when I get a response.

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 9:07 AM

Thanks, Paul, for checking that out for us 👍😁👌

Posts 894
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 9:14 AM

DAL:

Thanks, Paul, for checking that out for us 👍😁👌

DAL

Just had the response. It seems we shouldn't hold our breath. It's unlikely to return to "Vyrso" and it doesn't seem there's a plan to transfer to Logos. It seems people don't like the lack of Logos functionality in a "Vyrso" commentary. Personally I didn't have a problem with that in these books as they're fairly basic expositions but very helpful nonetheless. Looks like we may need to go elsewhere to complete. Thankfully I had all bar two that had been published. Just a shame to have to have forthcoming volumes in other software.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 9:44 AM

I bet it makes it to Logos 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 894
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 10:10 AM

Keith Pang:

I bet it makes it to Logos 

Keith

From the email I received, I wouldn't be sure it will.  However, we can but hope.  My only fear if it were in Logos though is that it might be too expensive for the type of resource.  I can get in another software program for $7 a volume. 

Posts 108
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 10:23 AM

If I am not mistaken they may show up in the WordSearch program since it is owned by B&H (Lifeway) and Exalting Jesus is a B&H product. Thanks for the research.

Posts 108
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 10:26 AM

Just check WordSearch has all 24 volumes on sale for $149.

Posts 894
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 10:27 AM

Brooks Cochran:

If I am not mistaken they may show up in the WordSearch program since it is owned by B&H (Lifeway) and Exalting Jesus is a B&H product. Thanks for the research.

Brooks

It was Wordsearch I was referring to at $7. Olive Tree offer too, but only seem to sell individual volumes at $15 - even when on offer elsewhere. Kindle obviously offer too.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 11:39 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Keith

From the email I received, I wouldn't be sure it will.  However, we can but hope.  My only fear if it were in Logos though is that it might be too expensive for the type of resource.  I can get in another software program for $7 a volume. 

Yeah I hope so too. I know It’ll be hard for some of us to get it elsewhere since we may have bought most of the volumes here 

Posts 420
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 10:14 PM

It's sad that this has happened. Although these books are fairly basic as commentaries and I wouldn't rely on them for any serious work, they are an easy read and possess a wider usefulness. 

I had been slowly collecting them each time they appeared on sale and managed to collect about 16. Still, I'm glad for what I have!  Smile Keep well  Paul    

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 10:16 PM

There is a chance it could make to Logos still

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 12:21 AM

Accordance and WORDsearch already have them. There isn’t that much tagging to do, so cheap vyrso edition will do. No need for Logos tagging; it will make it too expensive!

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 2:41 AM

Logging another "Really hoping this series makes it into Logos (or comes back in simpler eBook form)" from yet another Paul

Sentiment is the same for the rest of the B&H NAC Studies in Bible & Theology!

Posts 1554
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 3:59 AM

Count me in also: I would like to see the Exalting Jesus series come back in eBook form, or in Logos form.

Posts 894
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 4:21 AM

DAL:

Accordance and WORDsearch already have them. There isn’t that much tagging to do, so cheap vyrso edition will do. No need for Logos tagging; it will make it too expensive!

DAL

I agree with you that a series like Exalting Jesus/Christ Centered Exposition does not require all the tagging and a cheap eBook within the Faithlife software is absolutely fine - so I'm actually happy to have it in "Vyrso" and not pay for the tagging.  Faithlife understandably believe "Vyrso" is not the right format for commentaries, but I'm not sure I see Exalting Jesus as a commentary as such.  However, I do value it for sermon prep, so will buy in Kindle, Olive Tree or Wordsearch if necessary - but would prefer a cheap Faithlife solution. 

They did suggest it is possible the series could come back, so if we feel passionate about this series I guess we need to be vocal.

Posts 3189
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 5:46 AM

I would like to see the Exalting Jesus series return to Faithlife Ebooks.

Posts 861
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 8:41 AM

Paul Caneparo:
They did suggest it is possible the series could come back, so if we feel passionate about this series I guess we need to be vocal.

This is all very good feedback, thank you. I'll bring this back to the team and review our decision. No promises! Smile but it's very helpful to know that you find value in these resources.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS