Stupid Question

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 18 2018 6:55 PM

Please pardon my ignorance but I've never seen it addressed anywhere before. Say for instance I'm doing a study on Rom 1:16-17. The passage Guide is open and has done its thing. If I expand the Commentary Section, or any section, at the bottom right is a place for notes. What is this for, examples of use, why use it if anyone does.

Michael

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 18 2018 7:01 PM

You can note what commentary wasn’t or was helpful for whatever passage you are working on

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 28232
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 19 2018 12:11 AM

When I am interrupted, I use it as a way to mark my place in a list

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5311
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 19 2018 12:31 AM

Expanding on Keith‘s suggestion you could note which commentaries you want to come back to later for a deeper review and make a quick note of what it was you wanted to come back and explore deeper. It might be something either you agree or disagree with. For those with a larger library of commentaries this can be helpful in narrowing down the list of commentaries that are most helpful to your current study.  

Posts 37
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 19 2018 7:42 AM

Thank you all for your quick responses. they help. I wonder why it never seems to be addressed or else I missed it. By-the-way, where are these notes stored? I'm multiple note files? a single note file? Are they permanently linked to the Passage/Topic under study? No Biggy but just curious.

Michael

Posts 112
Andrew Perez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 19 2018 7:49 AM

This was a great question.

God Bless You all

Posts 25378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 19 2018 1:38 PM

Rev. Michael L. Burns:
By-the-way, where are these notes stored?

Stored with the saved passage guide which you can access from the Guides menu, looking for the passage you used.

Any time you make a change, the guide is saved for future use.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS