Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 77
Geneva Smith Krag | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 22 2010 5:52 PM

I thought I moved everything over, but my Bible reading plans and some notes and the Home Page are missing (probably other things too, but these are the things I am missing so far).

I have searched (lamely, I am sure), but have not found guidance in the forums or wikis. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Posts 26742
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2010 7:12 PM

Assuming that you intended to post in the Logos 3 forum, compare the contents of the Libronix DLS folder. You can simply move the files. If this doesn't help, get back to me.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2010 12:27 AM

You may have copied to the wrong locations. All your user files (Bible reading plans, notes) are stored in the "MyDocuments" folder of your various computers  -  see http://www.logos.com/support/lbs/specialfolders Note that Win7 has the same folder locations as Vista. As noted above, you just copy the "libronix dls" folder from one computer to the other.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 40
Jim R. Keener | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2010 1:19 PM

I wish Logos would update the "special folders" link so that Windows 7 was included.  I know where it is, but I'm sure there are a lot of folks who don't.

Jim R. Keener

Posts 2
Moses Chan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2010 6:22 PM

I have a similar problem. I installed Libronix using the CD's onto my Windows 7 laptop but the reading plan etc don't appear. Also, when I tried to update, there was an error message "Line 29 error". Can you help? Thanks.

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2010 11:58 PM

Moses this requires a new thread to get best attention with an unrelated problem.

Please describe exactly what you have done and what version you installed from CD. What were you trying to update?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 9:54 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Moses,

Since you are installing on a laptop that has Windows 7, you will want to make sure that you are running 3.0g which is the latest version of Libronix. In looking at the date you registered the software, you are most likely running a non Windows 7 compatible version. To get the latest version of Libronix installed on your computer, follow the steps below.

• Close Libronix DLS.
  • Click on Start|Computer, then navigate to C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\System. (If you have Windows 7, 64 bit, the location will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS\System)
  • Double-click on the file PurgeLDLS.bat (the ".bat" may not show on your system).
  • You can also find this file online if it is not on your computer: PurgeLDLS.bat  (Save it to your desktop and then double-click on it to run.)
  • A command window will open to begin the purge process.
  • Follow the prompts to uninstall. 
  • If you are prompted to restart the computer during this process, click No, and allow the purge to complete.
  • If a message comes up that says, "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed," click OK each time it appears. This message occurs because the purge process tries to remove every Libronix component, including those that may not have been installed yet.
  • When the purge process is complete, the command window will close.
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS. Delete the Common, Inbound and System folders (leave Resources in place, as it contains your book files).
  • To reinstall the software, click on this link: http://www.logos.com/support/downloads/ldls/newuser and follow steps 1 & 2 on that page, paying special attention to Check the box next to User Interface-English (United States), and/or other appropriate interface, to download optional addins.

When the installation is complete, you should no longer be getting the line 29 error. After you update to 3.0g and you are still getting the error, or you already have 3.0g, let me know and I will look into this more for you.

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 2
Moses Chan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 4:08 PM

I've just done all you said to do and it's worked. Thank you very much.

Posts 2412
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2010 6:03 PM

HINT - If you are still using LOGOS 3 (Libronix) and you might upgrade your system to WINDOWS Seven then go buy a set of books on CD that include an installer. Maybe a partner product. 

You will not need that installer now but when you change computers you will need an installer that is current and installs on Seven.  Was not going to put Logos 3 on my new laptop till I tried to do something that Logos 4 does not yet allow.  Used an external usb drive to move all the data / recourse files first and then did the install. 

Then update to G as normal (G seems to install but not know that it installed so every time it just installs over itself)  And I was up and running – Took me all of 2 hours –The install of Logos 4 took me over 24 (including indexing and update time over DSL internet)

Posts 1
Susan Jungling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 4:04 PM

I am just now trying to install Logos 3 on my new laptop.  I transferred all the files, but I can't get it all to install.  I was going to find my original driver and use it.  Are you saying that will not work?   What book do you buy to install?  What kind of books on CD are you suggesting?  I know this is way late to your post, but any help here would be great. 

Thanks,

Susan Jungling

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 4:43 PM

Susan Jungling:
I am just now trying to install Logos 3 on my new laptop.  I transferred all the files, but I can't get it all to install.  I was going to find my original driver and use it.  Are you saying that will not work?   What book do you buy to install? 

It is simpler to use the link in Deborah's post to install L3. Installers from old Libronix CD's may not be fully compatible with Windows 7.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 5:02 PM

Thanks for this info, Deborah.

Posts 1
Archie Pinkney | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 9:11 AM

Hello Deborah -

THANK YOU so very much!!!

I just bought a new laptop (for this reason) I cannot buy Logos 4 at this time.  I wanted to use Logos 3 until I can afford to upgrade.  My CD's that I got when I first bought Logos werer version 2.?. Crying

This article has helped me continue to use Logos 3 until I can afford Logos 4.

May GOD continue t bless you and your loved one!!!

Posts 726
Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 9:28 AM

Archie Pinkney:

I just bought a new laptop (for this reason) I cannot buy Logos 4 at this time.  I wanted to use Logos 3 until I can afford to upgrade.  My CD's that I got when I first bought Logos werer version 2.?. Crying

Archie, are you aware that Logos 4 is free software? You only pay for the resources, not the software. It's possible to install Logos 4 (also alongside Libronix) and use the resources you originally bought for Libronix - most (probably all) of them will work in Logos 4!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.5GHz, 2.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon XPress 1250 | theolobias.de

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 3:14 AM

Theolobias:

Archie Pinkney:

Archie, are you aware that Logos 4 is free software? You only pay for the resources, not the software. It's possible to install Logos 4 (also alongside Libronix) and use the resources you originally bought for Libronix - most (probably all) of them will work in Logos 4!

Welcome Archie Big Smile

Concur Libronix 3 and Logos 4 can peacefully be used on the same computer.  In fact, Logos 4 automatically scans and copies Libronix 3 resources, which can be updated later by newer Logos 4 versions.  Minimal Crossgrade of $ 69.95 adds many Logos 4 resources to your library.  Some Libronix 3 resources have been replaced by newer Logos 4 resources, e.g. Reverse Interlinear now integrated with Bible Text.

Wiki Installation and Indexing FAQ’s page has links to Logos 4 installers.  Wiki also has Getting Started with Logos (written for Logos 4).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS