RIP BILLY GRAHAM

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 21 2018 5:40 AM

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/billy-graham-america-s-pastor-dead-age-99-n701276?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma  

Sorry, i cannot get The link to work thia AM.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 5:48 AM

Thank you ..

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1776
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 5:54 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Thank you ..

Books by and about Billy https://ebooks.faithlife.com/search?context=product&query=billy%20graham&sortBy=relevance&limit=60&page=1 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 1005
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 6:52 AM

May God continue to raise up men who can effectively bring the gospel to the world.

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 6:57 AM

I thank God for Billy Graham's faithfulness to preach the Gospel, and for his personal integrity.  I also thank God that I was privileged to hear him preach in person.  How the Holy Spirit moved when that man simply and clearly preached the Word of God.  Please raise up another leader like him for your church, Lord.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2248
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 7:24 AM

Tom:

Interestingly, that link doesn't find all books by Billy Graham.

Filtering by author reveals a few more:

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/search?context=product&sortBy=relevance&limit=60&page=1&filters=Graham%2C%20Billy%3A1409_Author

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 3013
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 7:30 AM

Requiem aeternam dona ei Domine, et lux in perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 8:50 AM

That's a great loss to millions around the world. RIP Billy Graham.

Posts 8858
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 10:20 AM

He had such a significant impact on this past generation. He will be greatly missed but his memory and impact will go on!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1576
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 11:14 AM

I grew up watching Billy Graham preach, and it made such a big impact on my life. All of the movies that His association produced impacted my life as well. Billy Graham was a giant of a man in the Faith of God, and preached the Gospel of Christ, so that even a child could understand it.

Mr. Graham, you are at home with your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I can hear Jesus saying right now to you "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

Posts 2221
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 11:41 AM

A lot of people have heard of him and a lot of people heard him. I don't think that mattered to him. If they listened and responded he might see them again. That's all that matters.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 774
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 12:45 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

All of the movies that His association produced impacted my life as well. 

I became a Christian by going to see Time to Run. 

Posts 233
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 12:56 PM

I feel like I have lost a parent. I was saved at a Billy Graham Crusade in 1961 and have thanked God ever since for using Billy Graham to bring me the gospel message that day.

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 610
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 3:06 PM

RIP Billy.  Along the above lines he is my grandparent :-)

Posts 2315
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 4:00 PM

I've only read a few of his books, but have enjoyed them.  I was wondering what book of Billy Graham's has been most helpful/impactful for people.

I read Nearing Home several years ago and really liked it.  I just wish it was available in Logos.

Posts 9051
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 4:54 PM

I doubt we will soon see another person who was as much of a Christian statesman as Billy Graham. He made some mistakes, but they were few and far between. He elevated respect for evangelical Christianity in the United States for better than four decades. He and the BGEA made use of TV as it grew to dominate America media, and they were among the first to produce Christian movies, arguably the best at it at the time. Even up to the last years of his life his heart was on the lost and reaching them. He leaves and amazing legacy.

I am sure he heard the words, "Well done though good and faithful servant" as he entered the courts of heaven. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 178
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 5:42 PM

Wow, I am at a loss for words. He was a major part of my personal life experiences, hearing him on TV proclaiming the gospel since 1970. 

Praise the Lord for Graham's life and impact! 

I bet he has a lot of people up there greeting him! 

Posts 561
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 6:08 PM

Ronald Quick:

I was wondering what book of Billy Graham's has been most helpful/impactful for people.

The most impactful for me was Where I Am. It was the last book my mother and I read together as it was published Sept. 29, 2015 and she went to her Lord and Savior Feb. 20, 2016.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 6:14 PM

Funny, I never related to the man.  B4 I was a Christian, I ''knew'' I did not need him.  After I became a Christian, I watched parts of a few.  The stadium concept seemed too large for me; I could feel myself moving back in my chair, so I knew to shut the tv off.  To each his own.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS