Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 26297
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 10:30 PM

Pastor Roger:
 I changed my email address and my post count reset to "1".

Yes, call customer service and they will fix it. While I suspect that a number of people will chose to cancel, I'd advise people to wait a month or two to see how things shake out. You notice that Verbum Now has not been mentioned in the Connect conversion.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:35 AM

You know, I decided to inflict more pain upon myself and read the "Note of Horror" one ...more ... time. AND it seems to be just getting a whole lot better. But I have to ask, just to keep this tide of joy afloat. Is it it true, oh can it be, instead of getting a group of books each month to use, now it's going to be a "month-long access to one free resource every month." A whole one book (probably abridged) and a whole month to consider that book. Ma! How kind of these folks. All heart though, aren't they! Maybe I'm having a delightful nightmare or maybe, just maybe one of my remaining brain cells has slammed into the bug light and I've shorted out or this is just one of those practical jokes that Faithlife is always doing to us. 

AND get a load of this one. Oh yes said I, I'll just switch over & buy Logos 8. And now I see we get a whole 200.00 savings on that! My, how kind. Why did my heart just skip a couple beats and I saw this bright white light? Never mind though, I was just staring directly into the light bulb. Knowing how Logos works, (ohhh, many pardons, I mean Faithlife Connect) then if I'm going to save 200.00, just how many hundreds of dollars is that going to cost, especially for those of us who have to catch up from Logos 6.to the all new Logos 8? Oh great joy in the morning for all of us Logos Now subscribers.I'll have to see a councilor. 

Excuse me while I climb upon the window ledge of my basement and consider hurling myself out one foot below. 

The End

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:37 AM

I hope they reconsider 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:50 AM

Keith, I think the chances of Logos, well there I go again, I mean Faithlife Connect reconsidering is coming in at a close zero. I do have an idea though, if enough people cancel out and I mean seriously cancel out on this Logos Now thingy, some of the folks who started the ball rolling, might find themselves saying to their own councilors, "have we pushed this too far" or maybe they actually will reconsider and spitefully keep these nice prices just where they are with of course, more price increases coming down the pipes in the not too distant future. Don't rule that out either. 

Remember when we were being told there would be no price increase? The folks in charge are real pranksters though, aren't they. I'm going back to bed and hoping in the morning, should I awake, I'll find this was another one of those practical jokes that Logos is playing on us!  :-) 

Once again ... The End. 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 1098
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 2:02 AM

Bootjack:

Keith, I think the chances of Logos, well there I go again, I mean Faithlife Connect reconsidering is coming in at a close zero. I do have an idea though, if enough people cancel out and I mean seriously cancel out on this Logos now thingy, some of the folks who started this ball rolling, might find themselves saying to their own councilors, "have we pushed this too far" or maybe they actually will reconsider and spitefully keep these nice prices just where they are. 

Remember when we were being told there would be no price increase? The folks in charge are real pranksters though, aren't they. I'm going back to bed and hoping in the morning, should I awake, I'll find this was another one of those practical jokes that Logos is playing on us!  :-) 

They won't roll it back. What they may well do is tweak it half a dozen times in response to complaints and low renewal rates. Under pressure they may offer some additional freebies or credits, but they won't lower the actual subscription price.

In some ways this shouldn't have been a complete surprise. Logos Now has been languishing since L7 rolled out, and they do seem to have been pushing feature sets harder than one would think advisable under a viable subscription model. Most likely Now simply wasn't generating enough revenue; I can't think of any other justifiable reason for such an insane (140%!) price hike.

The coupon they've given in the mail does take some of the sting out of it, but my trust for the company has fallen through the floor. I'll use the coupon for a feature set then let the subscription lapse. I don't know how that $0 from me will help them more than the $100/year which I was happily paying for Now.

Posts 321
Rene Atchley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 3:11 AM

I occasionally meander through some of these threads for the ever evolving drama that is as FaithLife Turns.  For me the only question remains about the changing, but obscure, product line from FL is why keep pumping money into this beast? 

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 3:22 AM

Sean:
In some ways this shouldn't have been a complete surprise. Logos Now has been languishing since L7 rolled out, and they do seem to have been pushing feature sets harder than one would think advisable under a viable subscription model. Most likely Now simply wasn't generating enough revenue; I can't think of any other justifiable reason for such an insane (140%!) price hike.

This was my observation.  The Logos Now model was ok for the faithful hardcore users, but I was wondering if it was about to be changed.

The whole subscription model is not a complete surprise.  Bob has been saying we are headed this way for years and there have been incremental shifts into this direction.  My kids don't buy music any more, we rarely buy DVDs, etc.  Logos Now was transitionary in my opinion.

The challenge is that the price point of Faithlife Connect Starter does not initially have parity with the components that attracted me to Now at the $100 or so a year. Faithlife Connect Essentials does, but it is more than twice the price and includes stuff that I don't use.

The move is to get people into the whole ecosystem and convert them to a subscription model. Makes sense. You can only sell so many public domain books to pay for developing the software.  Those of us who were primarily attracted to Logos 2.x will probably struggle the most.

The growing concern I see is that Logos Bible software could become more and more bloated in the name of being powerful.  Kind of like Microsoft Word.  How many people would be able to happily use Office 2000 for the most part?  Only really hard core users do I know really leverage the current version of Word.  Anyhow, this is another topic and bravo to Logos they are developing other products, rather than trying to load up Logos with more stuff.  (The problem is Logos is still buggy after all these years - I stopped submitting bug reports ages ago)

But I agree, this should not be a surprise and I think the horse is out of the barn. I just need to now figure out how to get bang for buck for what I was getting in light of this new reality.  Change comes... we will adapt!

Posts 313
Thinking | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 3:47 AM

josh jacobs:
everyone who has complained is at fault

Yes, blame the customer.

Posts 313
Thinking | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 3:49 AM

Andrew116:

The exciting announcement is that it will cost twice as much 

Don't forget it also has half the discount. What a deal!

Posts 27
Rick Abshier | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 4:05 AM

I recently signed up for Logos Now and today saw the email that I have to pay double to keep what I originally signed up for recently.  I signed up for a year of a certain service and, if I'm understanding this correctly, I have to pay again.  That doesn't seem right.  I should at least keep the level of service that was promised for the next year.

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 4:20 AM

Sean:
they do seem to have been pushing feature sets harder than one would think advisable under a viable subscription model.

That's an interesting observation. In Dec (I think) when they had really good deals on the feature set/library enhancements, I loaded up and didn't renew Logos Now in January. As a garden-variety church member (i.e., no church office, not in a seminary), I think I've reached Logos saturation and I didn't want any more recurring charges. I'll see how my inner-nerd feels about all this when we see how Logos 8 (surely just around the corner) fits in..

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 3173
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 4:39 AM

Glad i bought the full feature set- since I own them they will not disappear when I drop my subscription- check Logos Resale's on Facebook my post. 

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 4:47 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Glad i bought the full feature set- since I own them they will not disappear when I drop my subscription- check Logos Resale's on Facebook my post. 

Don't leave whyndell! Logos will still be logos... Hopefully. I do agree with the ownership model though. It is the way I have always operated too. I will probably not keep this new system but I'll give it time and see how it shakes out

Posts 1098
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 5:29 AM

Rick Abshier:

I recently signed up for Logos Now and today saw the email that I have to pay double to keep what I originally signed up for recently.  I signed up for a year of a certain service and, if I'm understanding this correctly, I have to pay again.  That doesn't seem right.  I should at least keep the level of service that was promised for the next year.

You will keep the service that you purchased for the duration of your subscription or Nov. 18 (I think), whichever is longer. The change is that, if you wish to renew it, the price has been increased by 140%.

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 5:48 AM

Anyone care to take a wild (or tame) guess as to what the cost will be if one such as myself were to drop this LN subscription (and I definitely am) and buy Logos 8? I was at Logos 6 before I made the weird mistake of buying into the LN. All guesses have to be posted with compassion.  :-) 

Posts 1937
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:14 AM

MJ. Smith:
While I suspect that a number of people will chose to cancel, I'd advise people to wait a month or two to see how things shake out.

I agree with this advice.  I am taken by surprise at this change.  It seems to me it will be similar to the change that came when Libronix (L3) was scrapped for L4. That roll out was a disaster. I hope this one is not, but I think it has gotten off to a poor start.  So much that is not understood about this new roll out.  I suspect we need to wait for L8 to come out to know the new layout of the land.

I purchased the L7 features though I did not have to when Logos Now first came out.  Seemed redundant and a waste of money.  Turns out that it was not foolish to do. 

Posts 3173
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:17 AM

Bootjack:

Anyone care to take a wild (or tame) guess as to what the cost will be if one such as myself were to drop this LN subscription (and I definitely am) and buy Logos 8? I was at Logos 6 before I made the weird mistake of buying into the LN. All guesses have to be posted with compassion.  :-) 

Already know any bundles in L8 will be cost prohibitive for me- if there is a minimal upgrade such as L8 engine only I may do that- if it cost hopefully the $100 coupon will cover it, if not will not upgrade.

Looking to migrate to another bible program if I can sell L7- if not my buying days are over.

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:23 AM

Say what you will, but these guys are shooting themselves into the feet and aiming for our hands in the mayhem. And for those who should go into the 199.99 program, would any feel this is the cap? And of course it will not. There'll be other excuses brought up to warp drive into higher prices again. This stuff never stops. 

I'm not just going to barrel out today, rather I'm going to barrel out come the end of the year. :-) 

Still haven't got a guess as to what the cost will be as to buying Logos 8, moving it up from Logos 6. And the 200.00 coupon wouldn't go for that, would it? And again, if so, what kind of a horrific price would there be on that?  :-) 

Posts 65
Rodney Prickett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:33 AM

I have been careful to not complain about cost (no one makes me buy anything) or change (I have spent too many years as a pastor listening to folks complain about change), but it is getting harder and harder for me to keep up (and I am ONLY 49, so its not an old age thing).

In recent days, weeks, months, and years, we've had Logos 6, Logos 7, Logos Now, Faithlife Connect.  We've added  TV, and classes.  We've got the forum, and we've got Faithlife.com. We had Vyrso, now we have Faithlife eBooks ( I think I have that right).  We have a new name and new color for Proclaim.... Faithlife Proclaim.

I want to keep up, but I can't.  I don't have the time.  or energy. or money.

Posts 1098
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:39 AM

Bootjack:
Still haven't got a guess as to what the cost will be as to buying Logos 8, moving it up from Logos 6. And the 200.00 coupon wouldn't go for that, would it? And again, if so, what kind of a horrific price would there be on that?  :-) 

No one can really say not knowing (1) how much L8 will cost (hint: it will be a lot) and (2) what you already own.

That said, right now I can get the L7 Full Feature Set for about $170. Extended is closer to $300 but I can live without its extras. The only thing that can be sure is that also acquiring the extra L8 features will cost more than that--I'd estimate a minimum of a $100 more. But that's just my rough, uneducated guess as I have only been paying attention to world of Feature Sets for about the (*checks watch*) last 8 hours.

That of course is just for features. Any L8 book packages would be extra.

Your $200 coupon should be able to go to either of those.

I plan on eventually using my coupon for the L7 Full Feature Set in some configuration (probably Logos Essentials) and find contentment in that. Then I will disengage from all the FaithLife sales, emails, and community.logos.com only making additional purchases to meet specific project needs.

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS