Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 51 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 3505
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:41 AM

Bootjack:
And the 200.00 coupon wouldn't go for that, would it?

Yes it will. It can be used on L7 or L8 (a library, feature set, or base package), or on a Faithlife Connect subscription.

Bootjack:
would any feel this is the cap? And of course it will not. There'll be other excuses brought up to warp drive into higher prices again.

Likely, but we don't have to cross that bridge yet. Right now, I'm enjoying this year's benefits.

With or without a subscription, whether we are newer or older customers, we can be thankful for the books and features that we already own!

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 60
Natan de Carvalho | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:45 AM

Everything is moving towards subscription now. We don't buy music, we rent them. We don't buy movies, we rent them. We don't buy TV shows, we rent them. We don't buy our phones, we rent them (a "free" phone every year means this, btw). So far, entertainment has been subscription-based. I think this is wise, as I could not afford buying so much music, movies, etc. And I really prefer paying $33/month for my phone rather than 1k every year.

HOWEVER, with books things change. Why? Because if I want to "rent" books, I already have my school library for that. Journal articles? We have 782 subscriptions and 37k volumes on campus, all searchable by bible verse, tags, author, etc. Books? 190k books and 390k ebooks. Need help with research? 40 staff members that are available pretty much anytime (from anywhere) to help me with research. So if I want to rent books, I have my library. If Logos subscription is about renting books, then I'm out.

HOWEVER, if the subscription is about features, then I see some use for this. For example, the Biblical Theology/Confessional Documents/NonCanonical Cross Reference features are REALLY important to me. The concordance tool? Always use it. All the Greek/Grammatical features not included? Completely need them. However, I can only get those if I pay $200/year, which for me, is not feasible. I don't care about Faithlife TV, classic books, or "exclusives." So if you want to rent features, what about allowing us to pick our features or buy them separately? For example, Greek studies features: $150. Biblical/Systematic theology feature: $80. And so on. If this is the case, then yes I will purchase features. If not, then I will be out of this subscription when my renewal date arives. 

I already pay $75/month on payment plan for my library. I spend about $50 each month on Logos books. That means I'm spendind $1500/year on Logos. With a Diamond Library I believe I have reached a nice and comfortable personal digital library. Perhaps my $1500/year will now be put towards physical books that I need (Oxford Handbooks, Companions, Encyclopedias, academic monographs, etc). 

In summary, I agree with subscription based features. However, Logos/Faithlife/whatever-you-want-to-call-it needs to work on their subscription packages. I need languages and Biblical theology. I am not a minister, I do not watch Christian movies/documentaries, and I already take classes at Seminary (no need for extra courses). Perhaps Logos could provide a more tailored experience for its customers. Otherwise, I'm out of my subscriptions.

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:08 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Bootjack:

Anyone care to take a wild (or tame) guess as to what the cost will be if one such as myself were to drop this LN subscription (and I definitely am) and buy Logos 8? I was at Logos 6 before I made the weird mistake of buying into the LN. All guesses have to be posted with compassion.  :-) 

Already know any bundles in L8 will be cost prohibitive for me- if there is a minimal upgrade such as L8 engine only I may do that- if it cost hopefully the $100 coupon will cover it, if not will not upgrade.

Looking to migrate to another bible program if I can sell L7- if not my buying days are over.

I'm kind of in agreement.

I would much rather they just exchange my Now for ownership of the full feature set and they can keep the extra cost etc of Connect.

Posts 3505
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:18 AM

Marshall Harrison:
I would much rather they just exchange my Now for ownership of the full feature set

FL provided a free coupon you can use towards the feature set. Check your email.

In effect, they let us use the benefits of LN through November (or later), but gave us back the cost of LN!

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 42
Fos Zoe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:59 AM

MJ. Smith:

Yes, call customer service and they will fix it. While I suspect that a number of people will chose to cancel, I'd advise people to wait a month or two to see how things shake out. You notice that Verbum Now has not been mentioned in the Connect conversion.

I canceled my auto renewal. Still have until Nov to decide to renew or not, but being Orthodox if Verbum Now is not included in this change, I might just convert from "Protestant" to "Catholic" Big Smile

I can't find any press releases saying there are any changes at Verbum Now on the near horizon anyway.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:01 AM

Still no responses on any of the valid thoughts brought out. Faithlife please respond

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:23 AM

Keith Pang:

Still no responses on any of the valid thoughts brought out. Faithlife please respond

I say this in jest - they r having a meeting on this......The issues r serious + I share Ur concerns.

Posts 2178
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:29 AM

Keith Pang:

Most of the responses are happening in this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/160492.aspx

Posts 505
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:11 PM

Sean, what you say seems to make sense. I'm confused though as to the Extended that you mention. What's the difference between the Full Featured & Extended? 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:13 PM

Check the Essential upgrades packages too it may be cheaper and it includes a few books 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 3505
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:29 PM

Bootjack:
I'm confused though as to the Extended that you mention. What's the difference between the Full Featured & Extended?

The main difference is that Extended also includes some resources that might be useful. The feature set comparison has more details.

Posts 505
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:01 PM

Thank you for clarifying that for me! Appreciated muchly! 

Well, my nervous breakdown has been put on hold. I've bought Logos 7 with the 200.00 Credit coupon, made it so that my subscription will run till November of this year with the option of buying Logos 8 should I not have to take a mortgage out on the house. 

As they say at Staples, That was easy

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS