Introducing Faithlife Connect

Page 8 of 14 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 279 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:33 AM

Sean:

fgh:

Thomas Gette:

We currently have no plans to discontinue Verbum Now and will not be transitioning Verbum Now customers into Faithlife Connect.

Follow up:

Fos Zoe:
Is it possible to convert an existing Logos Now subscription to a Verbum Now subscription?

Thomas Gette:

That's a good question, and the answer is Yes.

You can contact customer service, and they will help you switch to Verbum Now from Logos Now.

Phone: 800-875-6467
Email: cs@verbum.com

I'd seriously recommend not getting too optimistic about this as a solution.

Yep; after all, there is that word 'currently' ...

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:42 AM

Donnie Hale:

What I see with that slider is: "Annual billed monthly" vs. "Month-to-month."

If I were to get Connect, I'd want "Annual billed annually."

Donnie

It seems that Essentials billed annually would be $240 ($19.99 x 12) whereas on a monthly basis it would be $24.99 (and you'd end up paying $300 at the end).

Posts 3112
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:44 AM

Chris duMond:

Mattillo:
Do all LN subscribers get access to essentials until 2/22/19?

No, different customers are receiving benefits based on multiple variables specific to that customer. 

Mattillo:
I was thinking my LN expired before Feb 2019 but it seems I'll get connect until 2019... am I just lucky or is FL being generous?

Your Logos Now subscription will expire on 11/13/18, but you also have Connect Essentials, which includes all the Logos Now benefits (plus more) until 2/22/2019. You are set to NOT auto-renew, so you'll need to make a decision on what you'd like to do when that comes time. But until then, I hope you enjoy all the benefits associated with Faithlife Connect Essentials! 

Mattillo:
Maybe this all hasn't been worked out on the back-end but it would be much more welcoming if it isn't an accident.

This is by design, and not an accident. Some customers may be seeing the same thing you are, some are not. 

Thank you for your response Chris... I know it has been a rough 2 days thus far.  I appreciate you taking the time to keep coming back and answer questions.  Like most (at least from what I can see) I wasn't happy with the changes but if there is anything I've learned thus far in life is to wait it out and evaluate later.  I snatched up the course on Exodus temporarily and I'm excited to dive into that.  As you mentioned, I'll wait until January and see how it goes. 

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:45 AM

Adam, your renewal date for Faithlife Connect Starter will happen on 8/8/18. Your Logos Now benefits will continue PAST that date until 11/12/18. On 11/13/18, you will only have access to the benefits in Faithlife Connect Starter. 

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:50 AM

Chris duMond:

On 11/13/18, you will only have access to the benefits in Faithlife Connect Starter. 

Only if he renews, right?

Posts 99
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:53 AM

Chris,

I still haven't received an email. I appreciate that you guys are dealing with the fallout of this today, but it compounds the frustration and anxiety level for those of us who haven't received any communication from FL, wouldn't have known what is going on if we were not tuned into the forums, and keep reading that some customers are receiving $x while other are receiving $y. It seems like it would have made sense to send out all of the emails first and at one time. We know it's not your fault and you're just left to dealing with the fallout, but this is the type of ongoing communication blunders that us long-term customers have come to abhor and makes us anxious about what in the world is happening at FL. I know you're dealing with a million issues right now, but if possible, please check on the status of my email. Thanks for trying to reply to as many of us as possible.

Shalom

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:03 AM

I convinced my brother (a pastor) to get Logos many years ago. He just received the announcement email. He doesn't have time to keep up with everything Faithlife is doing, so he just sent me the following text: "What's this email about transitioning logos now to faithlife Connect? Am I getting less bang for my buck. My logos now just renewed last week."

I don't know what to tell him. He certainly does not have time to read through all of these forum posts... If Faithlife can't succinctly explain what they are doing to their core customers, something is wrong.

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:05 AM

If you prefer to sign up for Faithlife Connect via "Annual Billed Annually", you can do that by calling Customer Service at (888) 308-7621 or emailing customerservice@faithlife.com

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:09 AM

Correct, if he unchecks auto-renew, he will not pay on 8/8/18 but he will still maintain Logos Now benefits until 11/12/18. On 11/13/18, he will not have access to anything (Now or Connect). 

Posts 19
Adam Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:09 AM

Chris duMond:

Adam, your renewal date for Faithlife Connect Starter will happen on 8/8/18. Your Logos Now benefits will continue PAST that date until 11/12/18. On 11/13/18, you will only have access to the benefits in Faithlife Connect Starter. 

I'm still confused about why I would want to start paying for Faithlife Connect Starter in August if my Logos Now benefits will continue until November.

Have I misunderstood what you mean by, "As we make the transition to Faithlife Connect, you’ll maintain access to all Logos Now benefits through Nov 12, 2018." In my mind "all Logos Now benefits" means: 1) Members' Only offers; 2) Discounts on Libraries and Feature Sets; 3) Access to Logos-selected Mobile Ed course; 4) Free "classic" book each month; 5) Access to preview resources; 6) Logos 8 early release features.

If this is the case, what would be the point in paying for Faithlife Connect Starter while I'm still enjoying these benefits? If this isn't the case, can you please clarify which Logos Now benefits are included in the phrase "all Logos Now benefits"?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious! I'm just slightly confused at this point!

(PS Chris - Thanks for being so accessible on the forums while these things are getting worked out.)

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:13 AM

Matthew, I have an ask to check on this. I'm sorry you haven't received any communication yet. I'll make sure to circle back on this when I find out something. You may be on a special email list that's coming directly from Customer Service as we had some customers with unique situations that we had to manually migrate and do special things for. You may be on that list. Thanks for your patience, my hope is you'll have closure sometime today. 

Posts 99
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:15 AM

Chris duMond:

Matthew, I have an ask to check on this. I'm sorry you haven't received any communication yet. I'll make sure to circle back on this when I find out something. You may be on a special email list that's coming directly from Customer Service as we had some customers with unique situations that we had to manually migrate and do special things for. You may be on that list. Thanks for your patience, my hope is you'll have closure sometime today. 

Thank you Chris.

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:17 AM

Mattillo:
Like most (at least from what I can see) I wasn't happy with the changes but if there is anything I've learned thus far in life is to wait it out and evaluate later.  I snatched up the course on Exodus temporarily and I'm excited to dive into that.  As you mentioned, I'll wait until January and see how it goes.

Yes, you definitely have some time to sort out what you want to do moving forward, and I'm glad you're taking advantage of the additional benefits that come in Connect! 

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:28 AM

Adam Thomas:
In my mind "all Logos Now benefits" means: 1) Members' Only offers; 2) Discounts on Libraries and Feature Sets; 3) Access to Logos-selected Mobile Ed course; 4) Free "classic" book each month; 5) Access to preview resources; 6) Logos 8 early release features.

That's correct. 

Adam Thomas:
If this is the case, what would be the point in paying for Faithlife Connect Starter while I'm still enjoying these benefits?

You would receive additional benefits that come in Connect, such as Faithlife Courses and Faithlife TV. When 11/12/18 comes, you will still have access to some of the Logos Now benefits that come as part of Connect Starter, ie, exclusive discounts on select products and Libraries and Feature Sets; access to preview resources, etc. 

Posts 416
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:31 AM

Very disappointed with this move by Faithlife. Like many, I only want the feature set (though the free books were nice) and for that reason I am considering canceling my Faithlife Connect subscription. 

Presumably, I'll still have access to LN features until nov 2018 even if I cancel my FC Starter subscription?

Edit: personally I would have preferred this to work the other way around. Keep LN alive until Nov 2018 at $8.99 per month, provide LN members complimentary access to FC Essentials for free until then. And then allow us to decided it is worth the increased price. It isn't like we haven't tested new features before general rollout before (web app anyone...). Oh well.

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 8849
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:39 AM

Mattillo:
if there is anything I've learned thus far in life is to wait it out and evaluate later. 

I think that there is a lot of wisdom in what you are saying.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:54 AM

LMAM:
Presumably, I'll still have access to LN features until nov 2018 even if I cancel my FC Starter subscription?

That's correct. And you still can use your promo code to use on a library or feature set, or upgrade to a Connect Essentials subscription if you like. 

Posts 416
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:00 AM

Chris duMond:

That's correct. And you still can use your promo code to use on a library or feature set, or upgrade to a Connect Essentials subscription if you like. 

Thanks, Chris. Really appreciate all your quick answers on this post.

Can't help but think you've got the worst deal here. Who did you annoy at Faithlife to be lumbered with this 'poison chalice' announcement? I hope you are getting a raise for this... :-)

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 4873
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:16 AM

Still waiting on an email Chris duMond.

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:21 AM

No problem, happy to help. 

Page 8 of 14 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS