Well, we've automatically been migrated to Faithlife Connect...

Page 3 of 4 (78 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 77 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:16 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

Stephen Steele:

DAL:

Keith Pang:

Please reconsider this decision and bring back Logos Now

👍

Yes

Yes

My sentiments exactly.

The cost has exceeded the value for me a s a retiree and a layperson.

Either reinstate the Now program with the same features and benefits we had last week. Or let me trade the Now subscription ( I still have 9 months on mine) for the complete Logos 7 feature set. That way I'll feel like I have gotten some value for my money.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:40 AM

+ PetahChristian  Thank you...I appreciate Ur willingness to disseminate what U know.

Posts 474
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:44 AM

I agree that it feels a bit “not right” that us loyal Logos Now customers will have to pay double to maintain the Full Feature set..  I became, and planned on continuing, a Logos Now subscriber mainly for the Full Feature set (So I don’t have to purchase it each version upgrade) and getting the new features first.

I too am planning to Drop out in November.

Unless.

May I suggest you “grandfather” your existing Logos now Subscribers by letting them stay at their current Subscription rate for the Faith life Connect Essentials subscription? (With of course modest increases over future years for inflation)

Just throwing out ideas.  

Posts 27429
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:59 AM

Daniel Bender:

Ok, what does this mean? I thought I had purchased this study bible, apparently not. 

Expired Subscriptions

When the FSB FIRST came out, it was free to use for a limited time, transitioning into a subscription service. At some point FL ceased the subscription model for that resource (hence the "expired" subscription in your records). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28
Dave Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:10 AM

PetahChristian:
I also got a free Lexham Press book. Considering that some were dissatisfied that the free LN books were Public Domain titles, we can now choose an additional book each month from many modern titles that FL publishes, including EEC volumes. Let's estimate that benefit at $350.

Will you own the free Lexham Press book or will it only be yours to use for the month?  I've looked at the Connect product page and that isn't clear to me.

Posts 3161
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:18 AM

Dave Palmer:
Will you own the free Lexham Press book or will it only be yours to use for the month?

You own it.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:26 AM

FYI, this was just posted in the Catholic forum:

Thomas Gette:

Verbum Now customers may have heard that Logos Now and Logos Cloud customers will be transitioned into our new subscription product, Faithlife Connect, and that we’ll be discontinuing those programs over the next year.

We currently have no plans to discontinue Verbum Now and will not be transitioning Verbum Now customers into Faithlife Connect.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 6218
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:37 AM

fgh:

FYI, this was just posted in the Catholic forum:

Thomas Gette:

Verbum Now customers may have heard that Logos Now and Logos Cloud customers will be transitioned into our new subscription product, Faithlife Connect, and that we’ll be discontinuing those programs over the next year.

We currently have no plans to discontinue Verbum Now and will not be transitioning Verbum Now customers into Faithlife Connect.

Verbum sucks BIG TIME anyway, so they should just go ahead and erase it from the map and do a Logos Catholic Starter, Bronze, etc. like they’ve done with the ”denominational” base packages. No need to have the Verbum brand since it’s struggling to survive anyway. #DitchtheVerbumBrand #CreateLogosCatholicBasePackages #NobodyCaresAboutVerbum!!!

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:08 AM

Thomas Gette:

Follow up:

Fos Zoe:
Is it possible to convert an existing Logos Now subscription to a Verbum Now subscription?

Thomas Gette:

That's a good question, and the answer is Yes.

You can contact customer service, and they will help you switch to Verbum Now from Logos Now.

Phone: 800-875-6467
Email: cs@verbum.com

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 614
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:36 AM

Does Verbum Now provide all the features of L7 that we currently get with Logos Now?

Posts 3161
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:08 AM

Stephen Steele:

Does Verbum Now provide all the features of L7 that we currently get with Logos Now?

Not 100%. There are a few things in Logos Now that aren't in Verbum Now. Likewise, Verbum Now contains a few things that aren't in Logos Now. I don't recall exactly what is different.

Perhaps one of the Verbum users can state the differences?

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:38 AM

Mattillo:
Good Morning Chris.  This email we are supposed to get... Is that the one explaining the program and it has a coupon code for a future purchase?  Or will there be more specifically tiered emails to certain individuals?

Yes, that's the email. We tiered all the emails on the front and sent them to specific individuals. 

Posts 47
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:38 AM

JT (alabama24):

Daniel Bender:

Ok, what does this mean? I thought I had purchased this study bible, apparently not. 

Expired Subscriptions

When the FSB FIRST came out, it was free to use for a limited time, transitioning into a subscription service. At some point FL ceased the subscription model for that resource (hence the "expired" subscription in your records). 

Thank you for the explanation JT. Much appreciated.

Daniel Bender

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:47 AM

Dave Palmer:
Will you own the free Lexham Press book or will it only be yours to use for the month?  I've looked at the Connect product page and that isn't clear to me.

The Faithlife Ebooks "Classics" (Lexham Press/Kirkdale Press) and Faithlife Ebooks Classics (Logos Editions of classic titles) are ownership. Additionally, and by contrast, Faithlife Courses are temporary access, with one year to use the "code" and 6 months of access to the course once you select the course you'd like to take. 

Thanks for your feedback that that's not clear on the product page. I'll send that to our team to address that issue. 

Posts 4870
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:01 AM

PetahChristian:

scooter:
In the good old Now days, were there Mobile Ed courses available for free perusal?

No, we never got a Mobile Ed course as a free preview. The timeline has specifics.

incorrect. Logos Now did in fact contains a preview mobile Ed Course. It was swapped every 6 months I think in the end, the one currently offered was NT146 if my memory is correct.

Posts 6218
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:45 PM

PetahChristian:

scooter:
In the good old Now days, were there Mobile Ed courses available for free perusal?

No, we never got a Mobile Ed course as a free preview. The timeline has specifics.

incorrect. Logos Now did in fact contains a preview mobile Ed Course. It was swapped every 6 months I think in the end, the one currently offered was NT146 if my memory is correct.

Not to mention that they always offered the cheap courses not the expensive ones.

Posts 2671
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:48 PM

Stephen Steele:

DAL:

Keith Pang:

Please reconsider this decision and bring back Logos Now

👍

Yes

Yes

Yes

Posts 586