Faithlife Connect punishes Logos' best customers!

Page 3 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 84 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 8:31 AM

Bob Pritchett:

(I just called Keith to discuss his particular situation, but wanted to reply here so others can see.)

We've tried to take particular care of our best customers; Logos Now subscribers should have received (by end of today -- 500 of the emails got backed up) special offers that address the changes, ranging from credit with which to buy a feature set and 'lock-in' the feature sets they had via Logos Now subscription, to free access to Faithlife Connect for some customers who are significant transactional purchasers.

I will post a new thread soon with more explanation and reasoning.

I want to thank Bob for taking the time to call last night. I have also read your forum post. Based on our phone conversation and your forum post I would like to provide you some feedback.

The number one issue here is once again very poor communication. We began our conversation with you asking me, "Did you receive our email? How can you feel punished with our giving you Faithlife Connect for free?" Let me copy and paste portions of the email I received to demonstrate that the email does not give impression that I am receiving Faithlife Connect for free.

Starting today, we’re migrating Logos Now subscribers to Faithlife Connect, a new program featuring many of the benefits you already love about Logos Now. Most Logos Now subscribers are being migrated to Faithlife Connect Starter, but we’ve chosen a select few of our most valuable customers to receive free access to Faithlife Connect Essentials, and you’re one of them.

Clearly the email is saying my Logos Now subscription is being migrated to Faithlife Connect. Later in the email, the following paragraph farther gives the impression that this is a migration, not a gift.

We won’t charge you a thing, and when the year is up, your subscription will not auto-renew. If you’d like to renew, you can turn auto-renew back on here. Your card will be charged the rate for Faithlife Connect Essentials current at the time of renewal (currently $199.99/yr.)

Now I do want to thank you for the gift of the $200 credit coupon, but this "gift" is not a gift of Faithlife Connect. As your forum post suggests, I will be using this when Logos 8 comes out to purchase the full feature set and will not be subscribing to Faithlife Connect because for me the value I would receive from Faithlife Connect does not match the price. As you compare the different levels of Faithlife Connect, clearly the greatest "benefit" is suppose to be the resources. However, for someone such as myself I can go to the highest level and look at the resources included and I already own all the books. The only things I don't own are the feature sets.

It was these feature sets that were the real attraction for most of us. I really enjoyed having the new features as they come out, rather than having to wait for them every two years. It was worth every penny of $89 per year to me, but it is not worth $199 per year. I feel "punished" because to maintain this benefit I must "rent" resources I already own.

Finally a suggestion: For benefit of "legacy" customers make feature purchases include the "current" features and "temporary" preview licenses until the next major software release. For example: My Logos 8 purchase would include all the Logos 8 feature sets, plus I would get Logos 9 previews until Logos 9 came out. If I purchase Logos 9 I get to "keep" the Logos 9 features and get to preview Logos 10 features. This way your subscription users and your purchase users are separated and there is not hybrid confusion.

Posts 3044
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 9:20 AM

Verbum Now's not going anywhere... and it's not all that different from Logos Now.

Posts 556
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:24 PM

Keith Larson:

Bob Pritchett:

(I just called Keith to discuss his particular situation, but wanted to reply here so others can see.)

We've tried to take particular care of our best customers; Logos Now subscribers should have received (by end of today -- 500 of the emails got backed up) special offers that address the changes, ranging from credit with which to buy a feature set and 'lock-in' the feature sets they had via Logos Now subscription, to free access to Faithlife Connect for some customers who are significant transactional purchasers.

I want to thank Bob for taking the time to call last night. I have also read your forum post. Based on our phone conversation and your forum post I would like to provide you some feedback.

The number one issue here is once again very poor communication. We began our conversation with you asking me, "Did you receive our email? How can you feel punished with our giving you Faithlife Connect for free?" Let me copy and paste portions of the email I received to demonstrate that the email does not give impression that I am receiving Faithlife Connect for free.

Starting today, we’re migrating Logos Now subscribers to Faithlife Connect, a new program featuring many of the benefits you already love about Logos Now. Most Logos Now subscribers are being migrated to Faithlife Connect Starter, but we’ve chosen a select few of our most valuable customers to receive free access to Faithlife Connect Essentials, and you’re one of them.

Clearly the email is saying my Logos Now subscription is being migrated to Faithlife Connect. Later in the email, the following paragraph farther gives the impression that this is a migration, not a gift.

We won’t charge you a thing, and when the year is up, your subscription will not auto-renew. If you’d like to renew, you can turn auto-renew back on here. Your card will be charged the rate for Faithlife Connect Essentials current at the time of renewal (currently $199.99/yr.)

Now I do want to thank you for the gift of the $200 credit coupon, but this "gift" is not a gift of Faithlife Connect. As your forum post suggests, I will be using this when Logos 8 comes out to purchase the full feature set and will not be subscribing to Faithlife Connect because for me the value I would receive from Faithlife Connect does not match the price. As you compare the different levels of Faithlife Connect, clearly the greatest "benefit" is suppose to be the resources. However, for someone such as myself I can go to the highest level and look at the resources included and I already own all the books. The only things I don't own are the feature sets.

It was these feature sets that were the real attraction for most of us. I really enjoyed having the new features as they come out, rather than having to wait for them every two years. It was worth every penny of $89 per year to me, but it is not worth $199 per year. I feel "punished" because to maintain this benefit I must "rent" resources I already own.

Finally a suggestion: For benefit of "legacy" customers make feature purchases include the "current" features and "temporary" preview licenses until the next major software release. For example: My Logos 8 purchase would include all the Logos 8 feature sets, plus I would get Logos 9 previews until Logos 9 came out. If I purchase Logos 9 I get to "keep" the Logos 9 features and get to preview Logos 10 features. This way your subscription users and your purchase users are separated and there is not hybrid confusion.

I think that this quote says it quite well for how most of us Logos Now subscribers feel about this forced migration. 

Posts 1836
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:26 PM

Keith Larson:
For benefit of "legacy" customers make feature purchases include the "current" features and "temporary" preview licenses until the next major software release. For example: My Logos 8 purchase would include all the Logos 8 feature sets, plus I would get Logos 9 previews until Logos 9 came out. If I purchase Logos 9 I get to "keep" the Logos 9 features and get to preview Logos 10 features.

This seems reasonable to me. I simply do NOT have time to use any M.Ed courses so, no matter how many are included, it is of NO benefit to me. My sole purpose for subscribing to Logos Now was to avoid buying the extended feature set every 2 years.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 556
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:33 PM

I guess that I am not on the list of the most valuable customers 

Jesse Blevins:
because I didn’t even get migrated to Faithlife essentials. Instead this is what my email said: 

Unlike Logos Now, Faithlife Connect has multiple plans. We’ve migrated you to Faithlife Connect Starter because it’s priced at at $89.99/yr, a savings of $10.

Thanks for letting me know where I stand with your company. 

Keith Larson:

Bob Pritchett:

StarWe’ve migrated you to Faithlife Connect Starter because it’s priced at at $89.99/yr, a savings of $10.ting today, we’re migrating Logos Now subscribers to Faithlife Connect, a new program featuring many of the benefits you already love about Logos Now. Most Logos Now subscribers are being migrated to Faithlife Connect Starter, but we’ve chosen a select few of our most valuable customers to receive free access to Faithlife Connect Essentials, and you’re one of them.

I think that this quote says it quite well for how most of us Logos Now subscribers feel about this forced migration. 

Posts 5009
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:35 PM

Jesse Blevins:

Keith Larson:

Bob Pritchett:

Yes

Posts 556
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:36 PM

And just for the record I think that every Logos Now subscriber should have been moved to Connect Essentials. 

I think that if this company wants to maintain any appearance of integrity at all that it needs to do something to make this right with their customers and they better do it soon in my humble opinion. 

Posts 617
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 3:44 PM

Keith Larson:

Great idea Yes

Posts 617
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 3:48 PM

Bob Pritchett:

free access to Faithlife Connect for some customers who are significant transactional purchasers.

I'm fairly confident I would be a 'significant transactional purchaser' - certainly compared to the figures others are posting - but didn't get free access to Faithlife Connect. That would have softened the blow somewhat and reassured me that my investment in Logos counted for something.

(In fact, I got moved onto Faithlife Connect Starter, and was due to be charged for it three months BEFORE my Logos Now subscription ended).

Posts 48
Randall McRoberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 3:52 PM

I'm not being punished. I've been a customer since 1994 or so and have about 15000 resources. I don't have to pay anything per month to use those and I'm happy as a clam. I am neither a loser or a looser, whatever that is.

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 4:00 PM

Randall McRoberts:

I'm not being punished. I've been a customer since 1994 or so and have about 15000 resources. I don't have to pay anything per month to use those and I'm happy as a clam.

Thanks, Randall! That was a pleasant bit of sunshine to brighten the day!

Posts 52
Rod | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 4:23 PM

Tom Reynolds:
Tip for Denise - don't Google looser as I just did to see why you chose the word. :) 

According to the Urban dictionary - "A looser is a loser who can't spell "loser"."

Posts 563
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 4:57 PM

Denise:

Customer churn.  Loose half, for breakeven; build from there. Slowly strip off the loosers who create unprofitable support demands.

Bob Pritchett:

As I mentioned in another reply, Logos Now generated around 1.8% of revenue.... so while that's real money, and I'd hate to see it go, if it all went, and as a result we ended up with a new subscription product for new customers that was understandable and financially viable, even if starting from zero subscribers, and existing users went back to purchasing upgrades / books as they wished, it would probably work out better.

Where's Silent Sam when you want him? Hmmmmmm . . . Hmm

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 1:02 AM

Jesse Blevins:

And just for the record I think that every Logos Now subscriber should have been moved to Connect Essentials. 

This!

The fact that FL migrated LN customers to different Connect plans greatly bothers me. The lack of transparency regarding the criteria used to determine "who got what" just doesn't make any sense to me and seems rather flawed from a customer relationship perspective. 

Everyone should indeed have been migrated to Essentials at the very least. As it stands now however, I am having a hard time fighting off feeling a bit insulted and slightly put off by the implication that my, as my wife points out, "enough to buy a 2018 Kia Optima Hybrid" investment makes me an inferior customer only deserving of a lateral to Starter. 

I can deal with the price increase, the fact that I might in theory be paying for resources twice, or if FL just decided that nobody would be migrated, but a lack of fair and equal treatment makes my blood boil every time. 

Posts 119
Gary Mendenhall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 5:07 AM

Erik:

Jesse Blevins:

This!

The fact that FL migrated LN customers to different Connect plans greatly bothers me. The lack of transparency regarding the criteria used to determine "who got what" just doesn't make any sense to me and seems rather flawed from a customer relationship perspective. 

Everyone should indeed have been migrated to Essentials at the very least. As it stands now however, I am having a hard time fighting off feeling a bit insulted and slightly put off by the implication that my, as my wife points out, "enough to buy a 2018 Kia Optima Hybrid" investment makes me an inferior customer only deserving of a lateral to Starter. 

I can deal with the price increase, the fact that I might in theory be paying for resources twice, or if FL just decided that nobody would be migrated, but a lack of fair and equal treatment makes my blood boil every time. 

I had the same question regarding why some were migrated to FLC Starter and others were migrated to FLC Essentials and speaking with a representative from Faithlife yesterday I was told that if you were in a current one year subscription to Logos Now you were migrated to FLC Starter and if you had multiple years of subscription to Logos Now in the queue that you were migrated to FLC Essentials.

Another thing that I discovered in this conversation was that if you want to upgrade from FLC Starter to FLC Essentials you would be given the option to pay the total amount for one year for $199.99 and not have to make monthly payments.  If you go to the Faithlife Connect web site and check out the pricing this one time annual payment feature is not listed but rather has to be initiated with contact with Faithlife.  What is available at the site shows that the cost for a one year subscription for FLC Essentials is $19.99 paid monthly for 12 months so there is roughly a $40.00 savings if you are willing to pay out the $199.99 up front.  The other option of course for the Essentials package is to pay on a monthly basis at a rate of $24.99 per month.  I thought it was kind of interesting that the web site makes no mention of the ability to pay for the entire year at once and that I had to seek out this information via phone call to Faithlife.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 5:46 AM

Gary Mendenhall:
I thought it was kind of interesting that the web site makes no mention of the ability to pay for the entire year at once and that I had to seek out this information via phone call to Faithlife.

You are being kind, Gary.

Leaving an option unexpressed is poor treatment of customers, plain and simple.

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 6:36 AM

Rod:

Tom Reynolds:
Tip for Denise - don't Google looser as I just did to see why you chose the word. :) 

According to the Urban dictionary - "A looser is a loser who can't spell "loser"."

Rod, you seemed to have missed the wordplay from the gospels?

Posts 112
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 9:46 AM

Jesse Blevins:
I guess that I am not on the list of the most valuable customers

I too am a 2nd class citizen. I'm not sure how much we have to spend to become one of the elect?

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 10:47 AM

Gary Mendenhall:

Erik:

Jesse Blevins:

This!

I had the same question regarding why some were migrated to FLC Starter and others were migrated to FLC Essentials and speaking with a representative from Faithlife yesterday I was told that if you were in a current one year subscription to Logos Now you were migrated to FLC Starter and if you had multiple years of subscription to Logos Now in the queue that you were migrated to FLC Essentials.

Another thing that I discovered in this conversation was that if you want to upgrade from FLC Starter to FLC Essentials you would be given the option to pay the total amount for one year for $199.99 and not have to make monthly payments.  If you go to the Faithlife Connect web site and check out the pricing this one time annual payment feature is not listed but rather has to be initiated with contact with Faithlife.  What is available at the site shows that the cost for a one year subscription for FLC Essentials is $19.99 paid monthly for 12 months so there is roughly a $40.00 savings if you are willing to pay out the $199.99 up front.  The other option of course for the Essentials package is to pay on a monthly basis at a rate of $24.99 per month.  I thought it was kind of interesting that the web site makes no mention of the ability to pay for the entire year at once and that I had to seek out this information via phone call to Faithlife.

If that is the criteria, it still doesn't make sense to me. I don't see why prepaying for future years makes that account holder superior. Everyone migrated had auto-pay set up, so in theory Logos was generally not going to receive less revenue from "current one year subscription" LN customers vs "multiple year subscriptions". The only way this would make sense is if these "multiple year subscription" users were being somehow denied the full length of their subscription, which would then run contrary to Bob's statement that nothing has been taken away from anyone. I'm afraid I don't buy what CS told you. 

Posts 67
Phil Quigley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 11:26 AM

I agree with this statement. When I got my email, I wasn't initially upset. Once, I looked on the forums and saw that the migration wasn't consistent, I got a little miffed.

Page 3 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS