Page 20 of 20 (390 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20
This post has 389 Replies | 32 Followers

Posts 44
Pastor Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2018 2:10 PM

Hi Mike:

When I click on the link above to see about the "grandfathered" option, this is what I get.  I'm still confused.

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2018 2:18 PM

That is odd Todd because when I click on this link...

I get this page...

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2018 10:25 PM

Pastor Todd:

I may have missed an email about this as well as others.  I used to pay $100 a year for Logos Cloud.  Not it's double the price?  What about a discount for those who had Logos cloud for 1 year so we can see the new features?

Hi Todd,

If you had been a subscriber to Logos Now, and then stopped, you may not be eligible for the deal that Mike links to. I think you'd need to check with customer services to ask them whether they're willing to let you in on that deal.

If your subscription hasn't lapsed, then you should have been automatically moved to that deal.

Posts 45
Rob Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2018 3:09 PM

cbabc:
It is also disturbing to me that one of the in-house Ph.D. scholars-in-residence who produces Lexham imprints for Logos (like the interactive media and Lexham books included in ALL base packages) produced a documentary on aliens and demons. And, that Faithlife has decided to feature it on the new Faithlife Connect TV site. This makes me wonder if many of the resources I depend on in my Reformed Portfolio base package is on the level of 'God and Jesus are aliens' type scholarship. Considering that this is from a company that advertises 'premier' Bible software, this is HORRIFYING! It also makes me wonder if FL is so unable to see and produce quality, that they will make a product that is on the level of the National Inquirer rather than the New York Times.

I can't see that anyone addressed this concern of yours in the forum, but I think that it is SO important, that I'm going respond and stand up for Mike Heiser (and by extension, FL's reputation). I haven't watched said documentary, but have seen the splash screen and can understand why, without knowing anything of its content, or of Mike Heiser's ministry of scholarship, you would think it is wacko fringe material. But having read Heiser's book The Unseen Realm, listened to several of his podcasts, looked at his websites, and watched some of his videos on Youtube, I can tell you he is a solid scholar who in fact considers it part of his ministry to reach people who believe the wacko 'God and Jesus are aliens' type stuff. (I have a close relative who is one!) So my advice, my brother, is to check it out before dismissing him and all of Faithlife with it. You do yourself a disservice, and border on slander of Heiser who is a defender or our faith. Here's a few links to help you see what he's about. You may find his research into this stuff helpful if you ever have to talk to someone who is terribly confused by it all. (They are a hard group to reach because they really want to believe it.)

Ancient Giant Skeletons - Are Giant Skulls and Cyclopes Real or Myth?:     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zaqu3srBwc

Ancient Astronauts Debunked:  https://www.ancientaliensdebunked.com/

cbabc:
Since there seems to be a tendency to replace standard scholarly works with Lexham imprints, this causes me to loose very much confidence, not only in my own software package, but possibly anyone who regularly uses these resources. Is the Dictionary of Bible Themes such a product with a National Inquirer level of accuracy? If so, that could have eternal consequences.

I have found the Lexham Bible Dictionary, and Lexham Theological Wordbook to be solid resources that do an excellent job of condensing down large topics to the most important and crucial details. They've become my first stop when I need to get up to speed quickly on something. When I do further research in other standard resources and am able to compare, I do not find Lexham to be shoddy or inaccurate in any way. Just the opposite.

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2018 3:43 PM

You are right Mr. Bailey.   

cbabc: after reading some of Dr. Heiser's books will will finally, and I bet for the first time, really understand Psalm 82 and a host of other confusing passages which are Divine Council related.  He is a good straight forward brainiac who has made a huge difference in my life.  Don't sell him short.... 

Read the Unseen Realm (and if you could get Redeeming Hermon even better.... it is not sold by Logos at this time); and if it isn't one of the 10 best books you have read this year I will give  you a gift certificate for the full purchase price of the book.

Rob 

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2018 4:21 PM

I agree with Kevin,  as I work for a software company who is pushing to cloud based services. It may work in some marketplaces,  but I for one dislike the cloud model and am willing to pay on a transactional model. I wish the bsst for that model and those it works for.

Mind you I have been a Logos customer since around 2004, and a former ambassador.  I still promote Logos software...but prefer ownership. 

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 3
Chris Rigby | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:12 AM

Really not happy with what was promised and now has changed ... I feel you took advantage of my subscription commitment.

Posts 21932
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:29 AM

Hi Chris

Chris Rigby:

Really not happy with what was promised and now has changed ... I feel you took advantage of my subscription commitment.

We would need someone from Faithlife to address your specific concerns but are you able to outline what you feel has changed, what concerns you?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:24 AM

Chris,

I think I got pretty much what I was promised....

I know that I have sent two inquiries to customer service asking what software functionality (excluding stuff like free books and TV) I will lose if I return the recent Connect purchase and buy the full Logos 8 feature set. 

I haven't gotten any response other than a confirmation that I can return the Connect purchase.   It would be nice to know this answer.  It the answer is nothing then they (Faithlife et al.) have for sure kept their promises.

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:36 AM

Chris Rigby:

Chris, I assume you are a Connect Essentials subscriber. If so, are you aware that you can purchase an L8 base package without the feature set with a 30% discount as a Connect subscriber and continue your Connect subscription? If you are a Connect subscriber you should have received an email with a link to update you to L8 immediately at no cost.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 20 of 20 (390 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 | RSS