Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 27774
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2018 5:52 PM

Dave Hooton:
When I checked back, the setting had reverted to ESV, which is my preferred on desktop.

Which is the expected behavior. Your preferred bible preference syncs among all installations. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25037
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2018 8:01 PM

JT (alabama24):

Dave Hooton:
When I checked back, the setting had reverted to ESV, which is my preferred on desktop.

Which is the expected behavior. Your preferred bible preference syncs among all installations. 

No!  I had changed it online to LEB. Why have a Setting when it obviously did not sync to Desktop

Trying it just now, my mobile app still shows ESV, but LEB is ticked when I tap the Setting. If I exit Settings, LEB is displayed when I return. But ESV is still the go-to bible for links. When I return again, ESV is the preferred bible and nothing has sync'd to Desktop.

It all works as expected when I make the change on Desktop, though.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27774
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 25 2018 7:21 AM

All of that was confusing, but I guess that’s the point? I was simply stating that the intended behavior is for the preference to sync among all installations. I understood you to be saying that you made a change on desktop and it changed on mobile... which is intended. It does sound like something is screwy

Posts 16
John Wells | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2018 4:34 AM

I've never used or downloaded LutherBibel. Can't read German. There appears to be no way to uninstall this resource. I even checked (fresh install) on my ASUS Flip and get the same results. I realize that Android in Chrome OS is not officially supported, but this is three devices, Android Pixel2 phone, HD Fire8 tablet, and ASUS Flip laptop all with the same issue.

I emailed FL customer service with details and got a scripted "uninstall / reinstall" suggestion. What a joke for support. Their email said if that doesn't fix it to use the reporting within the Android app, which I have done previously three time and never heard from anyone. Having done all that, I'll just stick with "Android app not worth using" forum, because it's relevant. Thanks for your help and concerns JT.

Posts 27774
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2018 6:56 AM

John Wells:
I emailed FL customer service with details and got a scripted "uninstall / reinstall" suggestion. What a joke for support.

That is unfortunate. I have found that the best means for help from FL itself is via phone call. The forums are a good means for "crowd sourcing" support. Typically the worst means is via email, unless you have a relationship with a particular employee. 

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS