Announcement: Logos Now to continue at same price (with new name)

Page 5 of 13 (251 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 250 Replies | 24 Followers

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2018 10:49 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

Dustin Pearson:
Good news all around, thank you...though I think I properly made a correction to the quote above?

NO, you've just introduced an error and possible cause of confusion! You WOULD get back in at $14.99 versus staying in at $9.99 (or $99/yr).

Correct. Now members will get in at the special discounted rate of $99.99/yr. If you cancel and then decide later to resubscribe, you'll have to pay the higher rate $149.99/yr.

Posts 1074
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2018 11:30 PM

Bob Pritchett:
If you were happy with the new offer and would prefer to keep the coupon code and the Faithlife Connect Starter subscription, or upgrade to Faithlife Connect Essentials, you can contact us and we'll take care of it.

Hi Bob.

Is there a name or email address (not phone) that is best for the 'contact us' part?

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 119
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 12:41 AM

Great news! Confidence restored and your humility has challenged me to pray for FaithLife, which is something I have never done before. 

Posts 32
Martin Groves | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 2:58 AM

Dear Sir

Thank you for bringing back Logos Now (Faithlife Connect Essentials (No Library)).  Thank you for the $200 discount code towards purchasing Logos 8.

Will I still be able to use this code when I upgrade to Logos 8?  Please could you let me know.

Thank You.

Martin Groves

Posts 228
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 3:12 AM

Thanks Bob

For a customer this is a fair and reasonable compromise, as usual you have come through for us.

I agree with the comments of others that we don't need new features every 6 weeks as personally I struggle to keep up with the change and incorporate it into my study. Regular stability, performance and minor usability enhancements would be good though.

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 3:27 AM

Thanks Bob! :)

Posts 792
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 4:45 AM

Whew! That was a close one. Thanks for reconsidering, Bob.

Posts 440
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 4:53 AM

Nathan Parker:

1. You still do not have to release new Logos features every six weeks like we had with Logos Now. You can keep the six week release schedule for bug fixes and smaller updates, but we don't need major new features every six weeks. Take your time on them, and release them when they're ready. 

This. All. Day. Long. 

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 1074
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 6:30 AM

Martin Groves:
Will I still be able to use this code when I upgrade to Logos 8?

Hi Martin.

I have highlighted the pertinent piece from Bob's OP

Bob Pritchett:
You do not need to take any action. We will cancel the coupon codes and set your subscription to the newly-named package automatically. It is like we are 'undoing' the last two weeks, and simply re-naming your Logos Now subscription and adding a few benefits.

If you previously subscribed to Logos Now but had expired/canceled, we will contact you in the next few weeks with a one-time opportunity to re-subscribe at this grandfathered price.

We will probably offer this configuration to future new base package customers at a mid-way price point, possibly $14.99. (If you cancel your subscription at the grandfathered price, you'd need to pay this new price to restore it.)

If you were happy with the new offer and would prefer to keep the coupon code and the Faithlife Connect Starter subscription, or upgrade to Faithlife Connect Essentials, you can contact us and we'll take care of it.

Hope that helps.

I will be keeping connect (and the coupon code) as soon as I can work out who to contact!

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 7:38 AM

Bob Pritchett:

If you were happy with Logos Now, this is the same, with no change in price. As a Logos Now subscriber, you are grandfathered into this package and price point. 

You do not need to take any action. We will cancel the coupon codes and set your subscription to the newly-named package automatically. It is like we are 'undoing' the last two weeks, and simply re-naming your Logos Now subscription and adding a few benefits.

If you previously subscribed to Logos Now but had expired/canceled, we will contact you in the next few weeks with a one-time opportunity to re-subscribe at this grandfathered price.

We will probably offer this configuration to future new base package customers at a mid-way price point, possibly $14.99. (If you cancel your subscription at the grandfathered price, you'd need to pay this new price to restore it.)

Bob, thank you very much for listening to us.

I do hope that you do not feel obligated to keep the price for grand-fathered customers at $8.99 indefinably. I don't think the objection was so much a price increase, but having to pay for what we had already purchased. We fully understand that Logos has to turn a profit. One of the attractions of Logos Now for many of us is we thought we were actually helping Logos with the cost of development and support.

Even if I had to pay $14.99 per month to have Faithlife Connect (no library) I would be a happy customer. $5 per month may seem trivial, but it just the thought of pay that amount for what I have already purchased seemed grossly unfair.

BTW I think the reason people don't have the same reaction Netflix or Apple Music is because those subscriptions give you access to libraries many times larger than what you already owned, but in the case of FLC the library was many times smaller than the one you already own! Might want to keep this in mind for the future.

Posts 32
Martin Groves | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 8:35 AM

Martin Folley:

Martin Groves:
Will I still be able to use this code when I upgrade to Logos 8?

Hi Martin.

I have highlighted the pertinent piece from Bob's OP

Bob Pritchett:

Hope that helps.

I will be keeping connect (and the coupon code) as soon as I can work out who to contact!

Thank you for your response.

I am happy with this new change to Faithlife Connect Essentials (No Library).  I am interested in whether there will be a Logos Now discount for purchase of Logos 8 base packages.

Thank you.

Martin Groves

Posts 919
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 9:14 AM

Martin Folley:

That makes two of us. Let me know if you ever find out how to contact them. The generic email addresses are typically a complete waste of time

Posts 27685
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 9:25 AM

Keith Larson:
BTW I think the reason people don't have the same reaction Netflix or Apple Music is because those subscriptions give you access to libraries many times larger than what you already owned, but in the case of FLC the library was many times smaller than the one you already own! Might want to keep this in mind for the future.

That is true for you (and me!), but not for new subscribers... As originally set up, FC was for new users. This change has added back in the much needed correction for long time users (and those who want to own their books). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 10:16 AM

Phil,

I subscribed to Logos Now and got used to the features... thank you...(and thank you Bob)....now to my question.  The Lexham Hebrew Interlinear Bible (LHI) is a wonderful resource which came with Logos Now. 

Please tell me if the interlinears are cut out of Logos Now... and, if so, the best options to acquire this one at least ????? are.   This is the only one I know so far and it is wonderful and helpful and I do want to own it...... so, am I ok with what Bob proposes or, for me, do I still need to buy or subscribe to something more.

thank you very much Phil,

Rob

Posts 990
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 11:37 AM

I'm very happy with this decision - thanks so much for listening to us!!! YesYesYes

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 27685
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 11:42 AM

Rob Lambert:
Please tell me if the interlinears are cut out of Logos Now

I don't know if you will get a direct reply, but I assume not. You may need to call FL for verification, but see this from Bob's post:

Bob Pritchett:

We are effectively restoring Logos Now at the same price, only with more value. This configuration will be called Faithlife Connect Essentials (No Library), and will come with everything in Faithlife Connect Essentials (https://connect.faithlife.com/) except the subscription-based access to the library.

This is everything Logos Now was and a bit more, and will include other (non-library) improvements/benefits to Faithlife Connect Essentials as they are released.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3238
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 11:45 AM

I wonder if they will keep the two free books thing going forward. I snagged the illustration collection and it looks good thus far

Posts 8
Mark Markster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 12:30 PM

Love covers a multitude of “sins” :-)

Posts 487
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 12:34 PM

Keith Larson:

Bob, thank you very much for listening to us.

I do hope that you do not feel obligated to keep the price for grand-fathered customers at $8.99 indefinably. I don't think the objection was so much a price increase, but having to pay for what we had already purchased. We fully understand that Logos has to turn a profit. One of the attractions of Logos Now for many of us is we thought we were actually helping Logos with the cost of development and support.

Even if I had to pay $14.99 per month to have Faithlife Connect (no library) I would be a happy customer. 

Yes

Posts 122
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 1:35 PM

I just emailed customer support  at cs@logos.com and got confirmation back in about an hour that my account would remain as per the original deal (coupon code, Faithlife Connect Essentials subscription etc). Thanks Faithlife and Bob!

Page 5 of 13 (251 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS