ZECNT Gospels 50% OFF Sale

Page 2 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 79 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10234
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 8:37 AM

Mattillo:

How do these compare to other commentaries? I'm not familiar with the zecnt

Me neither.

I was tempted for Matthew, since I'm thin on Matthew. Then I read some of the samples. Looks like 'exegetical' is mainly from a seminary/Bible-College perspective (an assumed dogma). Which the write-up does confirm, and for that purpose, probably good.

I passed.

Posts 1839
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 7:37 PM

Picked up Mark & John for $38. Not bad.

Was gonna pick up 1John to complete my ZECNT, but it's not on sale. Embarrassed

Posts 3276
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 8:04 PM

I wonder why this sale isnt being advertised. I feel like zondervan sales are kept secret

Posts 17990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 2:26 AM

mike:

Current March Madness voting shows ZECNT going into next round (will be on sale later this month).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 595
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 4:51 AM

Mark Smith:

John Kight:

Yes

I was just about to jump in and post on this. I picked up the commentary on John which is the one I did not have.

Ditto! Thanks for the notice.

Posts 958
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 5:00 AM

Mattillo:

I wonder why this sale isnt being advertised. I feel like zondervan sales are kept secret

You could be right. They didn't advertise the recent NIVAC sale either.

Posts 82
Joey Midgett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 1:51 PM

Thanks for this. I picked up John and Luke. I really like the style of these commentaries. I hope the set in March Madness goes a long way so I can afford it, :^)

Posts 109
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 5:17 PM

Better check March Madness listing.....Only includes 10 volumes....Gospel of John does not seem to be included (according to the picture).

Posts 82
Joey Midgett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 5:24 PM

Which is why I picked up John. I also picked up Luke as I am doing a study through Luke now.

Posts 1399
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 8:19 PM

I haven't been able to find anything stating when the sale ends.  Anyone know?

Posts 1399
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 8:28 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

mike:

Current March Madness voting shows ZECNT going into next round (will be on sale later this month).

Keep Smiling Smile

True... but the set would have to make it through at least round 4 to beat the 49% off which the individual volumes on sale are right now, correct?  And if so, the round 4 savings would only be an extra 1%, right?

(I'm assuming with round 1 winners being 35% off and the final champion being 60% off, that round 2 winners will be 40% off, round 3 winners 45%, round 4 winners 50% and round 5 winners 55%.)

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 9:14 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

The same sale is going on at the A software site. Here is what they say:

The special offer on all products will end on Wednesday, March 14 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 17990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 9:48 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
(I'm assuming with round 1 winners being 35% off and the final champion being 60% off, that round 2 winners will be 40% off, round 3 winners 45%, round 4 winners 50% and round 5 winners 55%.)

March Madness 2018 rules => https://www.logosmarchmadness.com/rules include:

March Madness 2018:

Round 1: March 1–3 (35% off eliminated resources)

Round 2: March 3–6 (40% off eliminated resources)

Round 3: March 6–9 (45% off eliminated resources)

Round 4: March 9–12 (50% off eliminated resources)

Round 5: March 12–15 (55% off eliminated resources)

Round 6: March 15–19 (57% off runners up, 60% off champions)

All Deals Live: March 19–31

If ZECNT makes it into Round 4 (on Fri 9 Mar), then the set will go on sale for 50 % or more (depending on when eliminated).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 543
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 5:28 AM

John Kight:

Thanks for pointing that outYes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 1399
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 6:30 AM

Mark Smith:

Rick Ausdahl:

The special offer on all products will end on Wednesday, March 14 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Thank you, Mark!  If Faithlife follows that schedule, it gives a person plenty of time to purchase individual volumes on sale now and do a return within 30 days if the set in MM makes it beyond round 4.

Since the volume of John isn't included in the MM set, I decided to pick it up now to get a better feel for the layout of the series (which I find intriguing), depth of content, flow, and in particular (for me) readability, as I don't know Greek and the Greek is not transliterated.  Some time back, I looked at another series that provided neither transliteration nor translation, and found my train of thought and comprehension so constantly hampered by the way the Greek had been woven throughout the text, that it simply wasn't a good match for me.

So far, I've only managed a quick scan of the ZECNT volume on John, but my initial impression is that Zondervan may have come up with a layout approach for their placement of the Greek that is far less distracting to the reading flow than some other series I've looked at, AND while not transliterated, the Greek is translated, making the resource useful to non Greek readers.

Posts 1399
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 6:53 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Rick Ausdahl:

March Madness 2018 rules => https://www.logosmarchmadness.com/rules include:

March Madness 2018:

Round 1: March 1–3 (35% off eliminated resources)

Round 2: March 3–6 (40% off eliminated resources)

Round 3: March 6–9 (45% off eliminated resources)

Round 4: March 9–12 (50% off eliminated resources)

Round 5: March 12–15 (55% off eliminated resources)

Round 6: March 15–19 (57% off runners up, 60% off champions)

All Deals Live: March 19–31

If ZECNT makes it into Round 4 (on Fri 9 Mar), then the set will go on sale for 50 % or more (depending on when eliminated).

Keep Smiling Smile

Thanks for the confirmation!  And for the clarification about the Round 6 runners up.  I thought I had seen that somewhere but couldn't find it again.  Confused

Posts 924
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 10:27 AM

Mattillo:

It's not just a feeling, Zondervan sales ARE kept secret by Faithlife.Always have been

If a Zondervan title/set happens to win March Madness, it wouldn't totally surprise me if Faithlife were to announce the runner up and ignore the champion Sad

Posts 924
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 3:21 PM

Mark Smith:

Rick Ausdahl:

Well John is now showing as $39.99 which is just absolutely ridiculous in my opinion https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=Zondervan+Exegetical+Commentary+on+the+New+Testament&Product+Type=Zondervan+Prepare+for+Easter+Sale

Posts 983
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 3:32 PM

I was also just about to get John and noticed it is not now on sale yet the other three are. Curious.

Posts 924
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 3:39 PM

JohnB:

I was also just about to get John and noticed it is not now on sale yet the other three are. Curious.

This is a publisher sale and there is no reason at all why it is $39.99 with Logos. You can buy it for $20 at Accordance until March 14th and you should be able to buy it at the same price with Logos. If Logos don't honor this Zondervan sale price I shall buy it from Accordance

Page 2 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS