ZECNT Gospels 50% OFF Sale

Page 3 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 79 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 36
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 3:39 PM

David Carter:

Mark Smith:

Rick Ausdahl:
I haven't been able to find anything stating when the sale ends.  Anyone know?

The same sale is going on at the A software site. Here is what they say:

The special offer on all products will end on Wednesday, March 14 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Well John is now showing as $39.99 which is just absolutely ridiculous in my opinion https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=Zondervan+Exegetical+Commentary+on+the+New+Testament&Product+Type=Zondervan+Prepare+for+Easter+Sale

I also don't see it.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 3:43 PM

Is, indeed, 39.99USD.

Posts 9096
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 3:52 PM

Strange. Matthew, Mark, and Luke are still at half price. The entire series is half price on the A software.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3192
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 5:19 PM

Disappointing to say the least (:

Posts 1649
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 5:44 PM

JohnB:

I was also just about to get John and noticed it is not now on sale yet the other three are. Curious.

I’m guessing that it is not on sale because it was just released for Logos in September and the prepub was $31.99. With the assurance that prepub price will be the lowest price for a limited time, Faithlife would have to give out some credits when people who bought the prepub see it for a cheaper price.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 3192
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 6:05 PM

Rick:

JohnB:

I was also just about to get John and noticed it is not now on sale yet the other three are. Curious.

I’m guessing that it is not on sale because it was just released for Logos in September and the prepub was $31.99. With the assurance that prepub price will be the lowest price for a limited time, Faithlife would have to give out some credits when people who bought the prepub see it for a cheaper price.

LOL that's why I did not buy it in prepub thought it was to much- doesn't look like its working for me :)

Posts 924
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 6:06 PM

Rick:
I’m guessing that it is not on sale

Out of interest, how would you explain the fact that it WAS on sale.... and that a number of people posting in this thread have actually bought it at the sale price?

Posts 3267
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 6:10 PM

Yeah but the whole point of the price guarantee was so logos could offer publisher sales because they were refusing to offer them due to the prepub nonsense. This was hurting new customers who didn't have a chance at the prepub price.  Something doesn't smell right here. I don't use accordance but if it is on sale there as a publisher sale then it should be here too.  The fact that it isn't even advertised is another red flag. I'm glad I got it when I did. I'm glad zondervan entertains this because I'd be annoyed if I were them.

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 6:36 PM

scooter:

Is, indeed, 39.99USD.

If not for John, Mark, and David, I wouldn't have purchased ZECNT John at a discounted price. I guess I should start subscribing to competitors' newsletters. Stick out tongue

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 6:57 PM

Joshua Tan:

scooter:

Is, indeed, 39.99USD.

If not for John, Mark, and David, I wouldn't have purchased ZECNT John at a discounted price. I guess I should start subscribing to competitors' newsletters. Stick out tongue

I hear you, Joshua.  Others have said that when U find out it is on sale buy it NOW.  Small ''w'' wisdom.

Posts 956
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 11:54 PM

I recommend bookmarking and checking regularly the Best Deals page as you'll find books which aren't necessarily advised as being on sale.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Live&start=0&sort=savings&pageSize=60

Ironically the page still shows the ZECNT John volume but without the discount.

Posts 1649
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 3:19 AM

David Carter:
Out of interest, how would you explain the fact that it WAS on sale...

I'm only guessing, but I'm thinking that they put it on sale by mistake and then caught their error. I've seen things like that numerous times on the Logos web site.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 956
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 3:22 AM

Rick:

David Carter:

I'm only guessing, but I'm thinking that they put it on sale by mistake and then caught their error. I've seen things like that numerous times on the Logos web site.

I think that's being generous. It's on sale at Accordance and Olive Tree. It is part of Zondervan's Prepare for Easter sale.

Posts 877
LogosEmployee

Rick:

David Carter:

Hi all,

Sorry for the confusion on this. Rick is right. We put this on sale and then realized that it had shipped less than 6 months ago and decided to pull it down. Because this was a Zondervan-initiated sale, we didn't look carefully over the products before we posted them and this one slipped through.

Again, apologies on this.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 924
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 9:04 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

Rick:

David Carter:

Hi all,

Sorry for the confusion on this. Rick is right. We put this on sale and then realized that it had shipped less than 6 months ago and decided to pull it down. Because this was a Zondervan-initiated sale, we didn't look carefully over the products before we posted them and this one slipped through.

Unreal. I'll just buy it from Accordance

Posts 956
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 9:34 AM

Rick:

David Carter:

Hi all,

Ben

Thanks for the explanation, but doesn't this go against the spirit of this post regarding pre-pub pricing

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/133649.aspx

And specifically your clarification on Fri Dec 2, 2016 4:26 PM.  

Posts 3267
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 9:34 AM

Rick:

David Carter:

Hi all,

I know it is not my business nor do I have a lot of experience in running a business but I must say this decision absolutely baffles me.  I get the whole prepub thing where FL wants to reward people for buying early but the reward of prepub is getting an item early at a discount.  If I go to BestBuy and buy the newest iPad and 4 months later Apple puts them on sale, I don't go running to Apple or BestBuy and ask for my money back.  They would either laugh or look at me in disbelief (or both). 

The people who miss buying something on prepub are now excluded and it seems will be forced to go to other software dealers to get the deal.  I would think if you let people buy a book here, they would be more likely to complete their set here.  I know I personally wouldn't want half a commentary set in one place and half in another.  I hope that FL changes this policy someday... I really, really do.  Publishers should be allowed to put their items on sale and I would think it would be in everyone's best interest if FL did too.  I fully admit I don't know everything though... so maybe there is something I am missing here.

Posts 3267
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 9:35 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Rick:

David Carter:

Hi all,

Ben

Thanks for the explanation, but doesn't this go against the spirit of this post regarding pre-pub pricing

Yes

Posts 924
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 10:08 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Hi all,

Ben

You must be referring to this (bold emphasis is mine)

Mattillo:
How will this affect publisher sales?

Great question. Part of the reason we are making this change is so that we can participate in publisher sales like the one from Zondervan.

I must be honest - I have been a loyal customer and supporter of Logos since 2008 but I am getting very, very close to the point where I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.........

Posts 877
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 10:10 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Rick:

David Carter:

Hi all,

Ben

That's a great question and I'm glad to have the chance to clarify.  I can see why my post could have been read two different ways.

We did institute the low-price guarantee in part to allow us the flexibility to participate in publisher sales. Our intention was to come up with a solution that protected the investment made by pre-pub participants while allowing those who missed out or chose not to buy to take advantage of future sales offered by a publisher.

Previously, there was ambiguity about how we handled putting pre-pub resources on sale. We sometimes held things back for 6-12 (or more) months after shipping before putting something on sale. Other times we didn't. This ambiguity left pre-pub participants unsure about the value of participating in the program.

On the other hand, this ambiguity meant there was no consistency about when we could participate in a publisher-initiated sale. Sometimes we did participate, sometimes we didn't. This meant that customers often missed out on sales that were available elsewhere.

The pricing guarantee was an attempt to solve those two problems. The spirit of it was that we would avoid putting products on sale in the 6-months after they shipped. If, for some reason, we unintentionally included something in a sale, those who bought it on pre-pub would be covered.

That said, I can see why you read it the other way. So, in this situation, I'm going to have the team put the John volume back in the sale. Those who purchased in on pre-pub can call up customer service to get a credit for the difference. (It may take a bit for the volume to show up at the discounted price.)

Going forward, note that our intent is to avoid putting something on sale within the 6 months after a product has shipped, including a publisher-initiated sale.

Let me know if I can clarify this further.

Thanks,

Ben

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Page 3 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS