This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 688
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 5 2018 5:13 PM

Grab this while you can and save 5 cents. SurpriseBig Smile

https://www.logos.com/product/150634/new-beacon-bible-commentary-upgrade

I might have to pass on this one, Dale Heath

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 7:13 PM

Hopefully this is a mistake.  I want these volumes, and I'd be thrilled to get them at a better discount!

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 7:46 PM

One of those volumes isn't due out until April.  I'm looking forward to these.

Posts 8979
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 3:33 AM

Dale E Heath:
Grab this while you can and save 5 cents.

Hard to resist that deal. Wink

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 7:46 AM

No idea what is going on there but I have ordered a few books over the past few months only to get an email with a fairly drastic price drop. So it is possible that there will be a reduction in the eventual price. I love the NBBC so I am in on them. 

-dan 

Posts 688
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 9:42 AM

I've been waiting for a sale on NBBC for quite a while. When's the last time it went on sale? It's not in MM, I was hoping to pick it up.Sad

https://www.logos.com/product/148374/new-beacon-bible-commentary

Dale Heath

Posts 959
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 1:01 PM

Dale E Heath:

I've been waiting for a sale on NBBC for quite a while. When's the last time it went on sale? It's not in MM, I was hoping to pick it up.Sad

Dale Heath

There was a great sale elsewhere though.

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 1:18 PM

Who else has NBBC?  I can't find it anywhere

Posts 959
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 1:23 PM

Nick:

Not Accordance or Wordsearch - the other one. The special price finished a week or so ago.

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 1:25 PM

I see it there now.  I had no idea anyone else was carrying it.

Posts 5114
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 1:29 PM

Dale E Heath:

Dale Heath

I’m waiting for it to be included in:

METHODIST & WESLEYAN Portfolio

Posts 493
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 3:10 PM

5 cents here and there over a period of hundreds of years adds up! 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 3:15 PM

Paul Caneparo:

Nick:

Not Accordance or Wordsearch - the other one. The special price finished a week or so ago.

I found it somewhat suspicious that OT release the same 29 volumes Logos has, why not all available ones??? Happy to see it’s getting wider distribution because it is really a great set, I can hardly wait till all volumes have been released. 

-dan 

Posts 959
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2018 10:51 AM

This is a good example of where Logos sometimes just isn't competitive. The other software company had 29 volumes for $299.99. Compared to nearly $150 here for 6. Sure some will mention all the tagging, but that's a lot for tagging. I rarely spend my money with Olive Tree or Wordsearch but sometimes the price difference is just so great that I do. 

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2018 12:35 PM

Paul Caneparo:
The other software company had 29 volumes for $299.99

But their regular price is $629.99 vs. Logos' $679.99 which is less a difference and one could argue that Logos tagging of 29 volumes is worth the extra $50... That said if OT can offer an introductory price of $299 I would think this set of 6 book upgrade should be able to be offered for $75 easily... Because although there is tagging offering no discount is highly suspicious and does seem to smack of something being very wrong (the only exception I can think of to discount this charge is if they are not allowed to offer any discount but that makes no sense, although Amazon offers very little discount on the physical books (only 5%), interestingly enough though the old BBC is available at about $50 a volume physically and kindle ebook version is $8 a volume for the BBC). I definitely would find it worth $140 to get all 10 volumes of the BBC in Logos....

-dan

Posts 959
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2018 12:57 PM

Dan Francis:

Paul Caneparo:
The other software company had 29 volumes for $299.99

But their regular price is $629.99 vs. Logos' $679.99 which is less a difference and one could argue that Logos tagging of 29 volumes is worth the extra $50... That said if OT can offer an introductory price of $299 I would think this set of 6 book upgrade should be able to be offered for $75 easily... Because although there is tagging offering no discount is highly suspicious and does seem to smack of something being very wrong (the only exception I can think of to discount this charge is if they are not allowed to offer any discount but that makes no sense, although Amazon offers very little discount on the physical books (only 5%), interestingly enough though the old BBC is available at about $50 a volume physically and kindle ebook version is $8 a volume for the BBC). I definitely would find it worth $140 to get all 10 volumes of the BBC in Logos....

-dan

I wouldn't disagree at the standard pricing. It's just the enormous disparity I see with sale pricing where sometimes I buy elsewhere.

Posts 959
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 1:16 PM

I'm shortly going to be preaching from Philippians. Anyone have experience of using the Philippians volume from this series. I see one or two positive views online. I have all the usual suspects when it comes to mid-level commentaries and expository commentaries. Has anyone found useful material not found elsewhere. I'm also considering the Story of God volume.

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 7:02 PM

Dean E. Flemming, Philippians: New Beacon Bible Commentary Is a volume I have found useful in the past. This is not the first volume I turn too but I do make sure I usually consult it and more often than not I come away with something that has feed my soul. 

-dan 

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS