Disable Preview In L7 Library

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 8 2018 2:37 PM

In the L7 library, whenever the mouse  pointer passes over a resource, a preview bubble appears for that resource. Example:
Is there a way to turn off or disable these preview bubbles? I just want to browse my L7 library in a simple list without preview bubbles popping up over every title I pass over  (think iTunes).

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:07 PM

I do not believe that can be turned off. If there is a way I am not aware of it.

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 6:56 PM

Anyone else?

Here is a screenshot of what I'm referring to as a 'preview bubble':

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WFtug0w12UxAkTw0oK16TYJXD1OHo7-d

The 'bubble' previews the title by Sproul. I am seeking how to disable these 'bubbles' from popping up as I browse my  Library.       

Posts 10115
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 7:17 PM

Fred kind of nailed it. The issue goes back 9+ years. And the big-boy popup isn't just the library. The coders really, really love it.

The only avoidance mechanism is to narrow the library column, which forces a smaller text popup. Of course, then you have to mouse even more.

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 7:22 PM

Let's try that pic link again.

Posts 4913
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 7:49 PM

Scott:

Let's try that pic link again.

Scott you just need to type a space after the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WFtug0w12UxAkTw0oK16TYJXD1OHo7-d 

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 8:11 PM

Thanks for  the tip on the pic. Also, how do you quote someone else in a post as you just quoted me?      

Some of us users really, really hate the annoying preview. It actually deters me from using L7. Every time I think about browsing my library, I think, "Ugh, the preview..." I do love L7 once I get past the onslaught of previews like a maze  of landmines.

So it goes back 9+ years then? Why can't we keep it in the code, but also give users the settings option to disable it? That would satisfy all involved, don't you think?

Posts 27550
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 9:26 PM

Scott:
how do you quote someone else in a post as you just quoted me?

You can quote someone's entire post by clicking the "quote" link (bottom of text) when responding using the full editor (rather than the "quick reply" option). Better, however, is to select a portion of a person's post before clicking "reply." Doing so will only copy that portion, as you see that I have done. 

Scott:
Thanks for  the tip on the pic.

If you want to include a picture within your post, you should use the paperclip icon. In most cases, you should stick to .jpg or .png files.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 1:29 AM

Scott:
So it goes back 9+ years then? Why can't we keep it in the code, but also give users the settings option to disable it? That would satisfy all involved, don't you think?

Faithlife tends to avoid adding additional settings for fear of complicating the software. (I know one extra setting wouldn't do that, but there have been dozens, or perhaps even hundreds of similar requests over the years.)

It's also worth knowing that if you use your mouse-wheel to scroll without moving your mouse, the preview doesn't show.

Posts 9964
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 2:13 AM

Scott:

In the L7 library, whenever the mouse  pointer passes over a resource, a preview bubble appears for that resource. Example:
Is there a way to turn off or disable these preview bubbles? I just want to browse my L7 library in a simple list without preview bubbles popping up over every title I pass over  (think iTunes).

At least on my system running latest beta, in all three display modes of the library (details, tiles, front picture) the preview does not appear when the information pane is shown - even if it is empty since no resource is selected. 

Hope this helps,

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 2:45 AM

Scott:

If you can live with a narrower overall view of metadata columns, click the circled i button at the top-right of the Library panel. This shows the resource information pane on the right-most portion of the panel for a selected resource. The view of metadata will only be for about 3-4 fields, but you won't get the popup, and you can scroll to see the rest of the metadata. "Selected resource" means you've clicked on the row somewhere, but not actually on the title.

Maybe this is what Denise was talking about by "narrow the library column"?

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 5:07 AM

On MacOS, running 7.15_b1 the popup previews (in details view) only appear after resting the mouse (without moving) on a resource title for ~2 seconds. This is by no means due to a slow machine. In tile, or cover views the preview is instant, but I never noticed it since I only ever view my library in details view. 

Are the previews not delayed (in details view) on windows?

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 2:01 PM

Please let us just call for preview with a right hand click option.  It is annoying as it is.Surprise

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 24843
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 10:35 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

It is almost instantaneous on Windows (Details view). A delay would help when 'mousing'. Also:

• reduce the size of the popup in all Views. The Title is the main information needed when it is not visible in Details view.
  • ensure the popup does not obscure/overlap information that is part of the View (especially in Details view).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1388
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 17 2018 8:30 AM

Dave Hooton:

Reuben Helmuth:

It is almost instantaneous on Windows (Details view). A delay would help when 'mousing'. Also:

• reduce the size of the popup in all Views. The Title is the main information needed when it is not visible in Details view.
  • ensure the popup does not obscure/overlap information that is part of the View (especially in Details view).

Yes please!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS