BUG: BHS completely blank (4.0c beta 6)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 26 2010 3:04 AM | Locked

No idea what has caused this but the picture says it all:

I've tried rebooting, multiple restarts of L4, etc.  No avail.  It's perhaps worth mentioning that AFAT still displays - just not BHS.

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2010 3:05 AM | Locked

Interestingly enough, moving the mouse over the blank BHS window displays the "parsing" popups at the bottom of the window - so the text is there but is just not visible.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2010 4:04 AM | Locked

Could you have accidentally changed the text color to match the background. What visual filters do you have engaged? Did you change the Hebrew font?

Posts 26369
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:00 AM | Locked

What is your Hebrew font? Try changing Hebrew fonts in Program Settings.

Do you see your Hebrew fonts (esp SBL Hebrew) in Control Panel | Fonts?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:04 AM | Locked

Hebrew font is set to SBL Hebrew and, no, font color is not set to white ... as I mentioned AFAT displays correctly.

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:15 AM | Locked

Actually, I spoke too soon - it seems to have something to do with visual filters.  I have a morphology-based visual filter that highlights imperative verbs and various conjunctions.  If I turn on the visual filter in AFAT the text once again disappears - leaving only the orange wavy underline (showing imperative verbs):

Also, at times the BDB lexicon goes blank - paging up/down sometimes restores the text to visible but at other times it goes away leaving a blank window.  Not sure what is going on.  Nothing has changed on my laptop - that is, no new video drivers, etc.  I've rebooted and restarted Logos again but the same invisible BHS / AFAT issue remains.

This only started after v4c beta 6.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:40 AM | Locked

Stuart, I attempted to recreate by making a Visual Filter. I was able to apply one to all 3 of my Hebrew Bibles. I did get a crash (which I reported) but I was unable to recreate your problem. Have you tried deleting the offending VF and rebuilding it?

Posts 26369
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:52 AM | Locked

You have rebooted the computer?

Double click  SBL Hebrew in Control Panel | Fonts. Do you have the new version introduced by B6 below?

EDIT: Sorry Kev , trying to sort the font version (I daren't  use VF's  == Crash!).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:27 PM | Locked

I had the same problem a long time ago so it might not even be the same bug.  Nonetheless there's no harm checking.  Wink

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2010 4:00 AM | Locked

Stuart, someone is reporting this fixed with a reboot

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/16245.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS