1st post: Anyone run Logos 4 on Sony Vaio Z notebook? (previous version - pre 2010 updated version)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 16
Ultralight | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 27 2010 1:21 AM

Was thinking about upgrading my Logos 3 (gold) to versions 4.  Right now, picking a new notebook and am planning to get the previous Sony Vaio Z design running Core 2 with a separate but slowing graphics card.  It'll be 500 gb/7200 rpm, 6 Gb RAM, Core 2 2.66 Ghz. 

I thought that surely this configuration will be plenty for a Bible software.

Well, reading through this forum has given me very very strong pause about whether to even bother with the upgrade to Logos 4.0 at all since many with even pretty fast machines are reporting very slow performance.  I can't quite get a bead on why some with fast machines seem to have Logos 4 run very slowly while others with slower machines are running 4.0 fine.

So....anyone running Logos 4.0 in all of its full glory on a Sony Vaio Z?   (Z590/690/790/890) iterations.

The new Z does run i5 and i7 but they cost a whole lot more.

Thanks in advance,

M

Posts 2699
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2010 1:46 AM

you dont say what the graphics card is, but I would kill for that 6gb Ram, my machine only has 2gb and same processor, I am happy with my L4 performance 

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 16
Ultralight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:47 AM

The Sony Z is running a lowly GeForce 9300 GT.

I wonder if different levels require different resources - i.e. Platinum takes a lot more than the lower versions?

M

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2010 3:20 AM

Moses Tey:
I wonder if different levels require different resources - i.e. Platinum takes a lot more than the lower versions?

Platinum will take longer to index because it has more resources but in the daily running of the program, I wouldn't expect it to perform any differently than if the same computer were running the Bible study library. Of course, the more books you have open and the more links you set the slower Logos will run. So, the temptation to open many more books will be present with Platinum more than with a smaller package, but that's all up to the user Smile.

Posts 33
Court | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2010 8:24 AM

I've got a Vaio TZ from late 2008. 1.33 Core Duo 2GB RAM on Windows 7 Pro. Logos runs fine but the fan does come on when it's indexing/thinking etc.. I also have a SSD which probably helps, but it's only 64GB so I have to keep an eye out for disk space. I've already uninstalled L3 to help with this.

I'm not sure what video card I have but it's probably not as good as whatever you're thinking of getting. I have no issues with that. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS