Default Setting for Highlighting to New Note?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 23
Shannon Newsome | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 13 2018 5:50 AM

I know there is a way to do this, because I have done it in the past - I just can't figure it out again. How do I change the setting so that when I go to highlight in a new resource, it defaults to that resource as opposed to another note? Thanks!

Posts 19407
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2018 6:24 AM

Shannon Newsome:
How do I change the setting so that when I go to highlight in a new resource, it defaults to that resource as opposed to another note?

Assuming this is on desktop you change the settings for the Highlighting palette you are using.

More details in the help file

If on mobile devices you do something similar in the app settings menu.

Posts 25826
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2018 6:51 AM

Graham Criddle:
Assuming this is on desktop you change the settings for the Highlighting palette you are using.

Graham likely answered your question, but for clarification: This needs to be done for each and every palette. If you unexpectedly found that a note went somewhere you didn't expect, it may simply be that you didn't have the right settings for THAT palette. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 8066
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2018 8:12 AM

JT (alabama24):

Graham Criddle:

Graham likely answered your question, but for clarification: This needs to be done for each and every palette. If you unexpectedly found that a note went somewhere you didn't expect, it may simply be that you didn't have the right settings for THAT palette. 

I really do wish that they would change the default on this for reasons we have articulated a number of times.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 23
Shannon Newsome | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2018 8:21 AM

Thanks for the replies. That is what I was looking for. Now, one more quick question: How do I change which file the right click "Add Note To..." goes to? You guys are awesome!

Posts 19407
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2018 8:56 AM

Shannon Newsome:
How do I change which file the right click "Add Note To..." goes to?

You can only select from the Notes files you see in the context menu at the time. This should be

• the default notes file for the resource
  • any notes files currently open
  • the last notes file open if none currently open

Posts 23
Shannon Newsome | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2018 9:15 AM

So, if I just open a new note, that will replace the named file in the right click. Thanks!

Posts 19407
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2018 11:39 AM

Shannon Newsome:
So, if I just open a new note, that will replace the named file in the right click.

Correct - although technically you are opening a new notes file (or document)!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS