Far fewer voters in MobileEd Brackett

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 15 2018 7:21 AM

I just looked at the final four numbers and saw that around 2600 votes have been cast.  When you switch to the commentary bracket, its over 5000.  I didn't vote because I won't buying any courses.  But, I am wondering with so much public support on the forums, why there aren't more people interested in this bracket.  

Posts 1772
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 7:32 AM

Two reasons:

1. Not interested in Mobile Ed offered by Faithlife. 

2. It would be a waste my time.  Big Smile

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 6222
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 7:43 AM

I like what I have, but too expensive for something that is not accredited.

Posts 3111
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 7:55 AM

Mobile Ed would be much more attractive to me if they came with resources but the courses on their own are too expensive for me.  I buy them on CP when I see them though

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 7:59 AM

I voted but doubt I’ll be a buyer. Time, cost, and lack of interest in what is offered are the main reasons.

I might be interested in watching the videos (without the other content), though having them in such short increments is off-putting.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1049
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 9:14 AM

Mattillo:

Mobile Ed would be much more attractive to me if they came with resources but the courses on their own are too expensive for me.  I buy them on CP when I see them though

They'd be more attractive if:

1) They included more graphics, pictures, table, etc, as opposed to just text.

2) They came with PowerPoint slides used by the instuctors

3) Prices were more affordable. Mobile Ed is one area where FL is out of touch with its buyers. Prices are just way, way too high. The 50% discounts for MM are really what the regular price should be for these courses, or less.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 3007
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 9:35 AM

Myke Harbuck:
3) Prices were more affordable. Mobile Ed is one area where FL is out of touch with its buyers. Prices are just way, way too high. The 50% discounts for MM are really what the regular price should be for these courses, or less.

So many people write that, but FL definitely seems to make good money off of Mobile Ed.

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 10:36 AM

Another possibility is that people might have missed the tab.

So the joke goes:

Posts 1379
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 12:06 PM

Everett Headley:

I just looked at the final four numbers and saw that around 2600 votes have been cast.  When you switch to the commentary bracket, its over 5000.  I didn't vote because I won't buying any courses.  But, I am wondering with so much public support on the forums, why there aren't more people interested in this bracket.  

Price!  I voted, but don't expect to be buying--the final items in the mix are just too much money for me, even at 50-60% off.  Community pricing is becoming my only means of access to Mobile Ed, and even then, only if enough people bid to bring the price waaaaaaaaay down from the suggested/regular price.

I am NOT making any statement regarding regular price in comparison to production cost--only that apart from CP, they are mostly out of my league and seem to be going more that direction rather than less.  But that's OK.  Faithlife has every right to approach the sale of these courses as they choose.

Posts 1930
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 12:50 PM

I did not realize from my screen that there was another category for voting until the 2nd or 3rd week.  Even at the discount prices, I have the courses I want and will take time to go through them.  So I dont plan to purchase.

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 1:02 PM

The prices are outrageous —enough said.

Posts 1004
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 1:12 PM

DAL:

I like what I have, but too expensive for something that is not accredited.

That's my reaction as well.

Posts 10482
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 4:15 PM

Myke Harbuck:

Sums up my feelings concerning Mobile Ed

Posts 511
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 5:19 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

I voted, but don't expect to be buying--the final items in the mix are just too much money for me, even at 50-60% off.  Community pricing is becoming my only means of access to Mobile Ed, and even then, only if enough people bid to bring the price waaaaaaaaay down from the suggested/regular price.

Amen and amen. Bruce Waltke's substantial OT300 Theology of the Old Testament course is currently listed at 73% off and the discount will grow as more people sign up: previous similar scenarios have seen $500 and $600+ courses go for far less than $100. When the CP period closes the course price will rise to $559.99. Would I pay full price? No way! But as someone who learns well from the Mobile Ed format, not getting this course at the CP price would be something I would always regret.

www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:06 PM

Gordon Jones:

Amen and amen. Bruce Waltke's substantial OT300 Theology of the Old Testament course is currently listed at 73% off and the discount will grow as more people sign up: previous similar scenarios have seen $500 and $600+ courses go for far less than $100. When the CP period closes the course price will rise to $559.99. Would I pay full price? No way! But as someone who learns well from the Mobile Ed format, not getting this course at the CP price would be something I would always regret.

www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2018 1:01 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

Everett Headley:

Price!  I voted, but don't expect to be buying--the final items in the mix are just too much money for me, even at 50-60% o

Actually that was the reason for me not to vote in the later rounds - I voted on the first rounds but only on pairings I might be interested in. But then I didn't want to determine winners and losers on pairings where others who are interested in buying are looking to bring the price down for courses they want to buy. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS