Why should someone buy Logos instead of QuickVerse?

Page 5 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 83 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 10228
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 7:21 AM

I can't speak to QV/Logos per se, though during Bible study I bounce across 4 different software packages, depending on who's got what and can deliver quickest. But I sometimes wonder in the NT period, if the substantial expansion of the use of papyri in codex form made the writings much more available to the early Christians. I see that same process today among the church pews ... first with multiple translations and study Bibles, then lexicons, and now close to the original documents themselves. I perceive personal easy access to the Word to be the most precious of gifts, and know quite a few Logos developers work long hours for my benefit.

Posts 3
Kevin Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 9:37 AM

So for those that some how think I don't have a valid point, would you suggest that Paul would have been a more effective teacher if he had access to bible software? To make it more personal, if you were stripped of all your resources, would you now say your not as effective in your ministry because you don't have the tools you once had? My point is that I believe the subject of this thread has generated more responses related to "anything you can do I can do better" than anything else and the fact that a thread that was inactive for such a long time could generate so many defensive responses kind of makes my point.

Posts 3
Kevin Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 9:44 AM

I asked about the differences between version 3 and version 4, not whether Logos helped at all. In case you missed it, I said I own Logos, so I am aware of its usefullness in studying. In terms of what you give to those that you are shepherding, I have no doubt that you would be equally diligent to the task, whether you had Logos 4 Scholars library or just your Bible.

Posts 5
Timothy J. Huckabay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2015 10:52 PM

This is not really accurate where Logos is concerned.  With Logos, to actually get the future upgrades, one must also purchase at least a Feature Crossgrade, meaning an upgraded current engine, and that is not cheap.  The free Logos engine updates that represent new engine versions (e.g., to 6 from 5 or 4 or 3, etc.) provide only basic engine functionality, AND SOMETIMES ACTUALLY RESULT IN LOSS OF PRIOR FUNCTIONALITY FOR RESOURCES that you would have had with your earlier full-version (i.e., fully featured for the version you had engine).  I know these things from personal experience with Logos 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Page 5 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS