Print Export Notes in Logos 7

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10
Paul Crawford | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 19 2018 2:13 PM

In Logos 7, running on Mac OS 10.12.  Trying to Print/Export my Notes.  I have hundreds of Notes, carefully typed, in the "reference" note format.  In the past, I could do this, by going to the Notes menu on the top left, and selecting Print/Export...  Now, in Logos 7, it only allows me to print/export one note (sometimes), but mostly, the Logos 7 program crashes completely.  Over and over I've tried.  Here is a screenshot.  I've chatted with Tech, and they say there must be a bug.  Going to my notes file documents.logos.com lets me see some of the notes on one screen, but there is no way to print/export hundreds of them at one time.  This was not an issue on previous versions of Logos, so there must have been a change made.  All I'm trying to do is export all of my hundreds of notes.  Thank you for any thoughts/ideas.

Posts 28241
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 19 2018 2:37 PM
Welcome! Smile Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied More info would be good. Which specific version of the engine are you running? How large is the document? Do you have another installation to check and see if it crashes too? Techies will want to see logs. See my signature line. You will enable logging, open Logos, attempt to print, allow to crash and then grab the logs.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10
Paul Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2018 9:33 AM

Hello JT. 

(1) I'm running Logos Bible Software 7.13 ( 7.13.0.0017 Logos 7 Full Feature Set ) on a relatively new (2017) MacBook Pro with Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.  

(2) As far as the size of the document, it should be fairly small, since it is just pure text. I have over 2,000 "reference" notes in Logos that I am trying to export.

(3) I deleted Logos entirely and re-downloaded and installed it from scratch.  With a clean install, everything is the same as before.  Logos completely crashed the first time I did the Print/Export routine.

(4) Today, I downloaded the Logos Logging Utility and have a saved log of the crash.  How do I upload this for someone to review?

Thank you so much for your time.  Sincerely, Paul, Montgomery, Alabama

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2018 10:19 AM

Paul Crawford:

How do I upload this for someone to review?

Use the paperclip ... 

Posts 10
Paul Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2018 10:23 AM

Here is the error log from this morning.8562.LogosError.log

Posts 2989
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:56 AM

Paul,

I'm sorry you are having problems. We need the enitre zip folder not just the error log. If you could reproduce the crash and upload the zip folder that is created.

Thanks,

Philana

Posts 10
Paul Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2018 11:22 AM

Thank you. Here is the original zip folder.  When I tried to upload the unzipped version, it wouldn't upload--it would have required a separate attachment for each item.  Hope this works.

1263.LogosLogs.paul.20180328-112637.zipHere is the zip folder. 

Posts 18268
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2018 12:34 PM

Paul Crawford:
Here is the original zip folder.

Logos.log file in original zip folder has crash information. Logos.log along with other files show several Logos processes happening at same time: e.g. suspect arrows in Logos were spinning for synchronization and Interlinear Text Comparison.

Curious if crash repeats when open Logos 7 to a blank layout followed by Print/Export of Notes ? Logos wiki => https://wiki.logos.com/Keyboard_Shortcuts_For_Mac includes Sign In tip. If Notes crash repeats, please compress zip folder and upload.

FYI: due to some layout crashes in various Beta releases, personally changed program settings to open to blank layout (allowed me to open/use Logos when layout needed to be deleted/recreated).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10
Paul Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 7:34 PM

Thank you for that creative idea.  I did that several times this evening, closing down all the other windows, translations, everything.  Just the Notes document was opened.  Unfortunately it still crashed each time.  Hmmm...2821.LogosLogs.paul.20180402-213323.zip

Posts 2989
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2018 11:22 AM

Paul Crawford:

Thank you for that creative idea.  I did that several times this evening, closing down all the other windows, translations, everything.  Just the Notes document was opened.  Unfortunately it still crashed each time.  Hmmm...2821.LogosLogs.paul.20180402-213323.zip

Paul,

I'll file a case. Can you please request to join this Faithlife Group https://faithlife.com/logos-qa-tester/activity. Once I approve you go to documents.logos.com and share the note document that is causing the crash. This will help us in getting it fixed.

Posts 10
Paul Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 3:50 PM

Hello Philana R. Crouch, I tried several times, but there was no group to join when I clicked on the https://faithlife.com/logos-qa-tester/activity link. Is there a better link that you can send me?  When I searched for "Tester" in groups, more than one came up.

Sincerely, Paul Crawford

Posts 2989
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 3:54 PM

Paul Crawford:

Hello Philana R. Crouch, I tried several times, but there was no group to join when I clicked on the https://faithlife.com/logos-qa-tester/activity link. Is there a better link that you can send me?  When I searched for "Tester" in groups, more than one came up.

Sincerely, Paul Crawford

Hi Paul,

I just sent you an invite. If you could update this thread once you've shared the document.

Posts 10
Paul Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 4:02 PM

Thank you Philana for the link you sent me.  I joined the group.  :) 

Posts 2989
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2018 10:51 AM

Thanks Paul, I was able to reproduce the crash with your notes file and I've filed a case.

Posts 10
Paul Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2018 3:20 PM

Thank you Philana.  I hope that Logos will be able to get the software back like it used to be, where I could export my notes.  Logos has a very nice Notes system, the way it interfaces directly with scripture references.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS