Occupational Survey

Page 8 of 8 (153 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8
This post has 152 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 7 2010 6:09 AM

Gregory Bednarchik:

Layman - self-employed Certified Public Accountant

As I recall, there are some other Logos users that are CPA's.

Posts 85
Anthony Keating | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 7 2010 12:43 PM

Pastor, and it has been a long day!

Posts 399
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 7 2010 1:21 PM

Spent three years going to Bible college in the early to mid 90's and quit.  What a fool.

Spent until this summer in the family trucking business.  What a fool.

Now full time student at the local community college intending on transferring in the fall to Campbell University for a B.A. in History (non licensure) for research.  Then going to Dallas Theological Seminary for Biblical academics Th.M. concentration so I can find out there is 1 opening for every 20 theological teaching jobs.  

I don't even care.  I will work at a anything but trucking.  I will even pump gas with my Th.M and eventual Ph.D.  I don't care anymore.  In fact, pumping gas would give me the time to think more.

Wilson Hines

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 7 2010 6:03 PM

Anthony Keating:

Pastor, and it has been a long day!

I feel your pain!  I hope Logos made it more fun, if not a little shorter.  Paradise

Pastor, rural Baptist church

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Netbook: MSI Wind 12: Novabench 198; WEI 3.1

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 8 2010 2:57 AM

Former U. S. Marine.  Airline Pilot (A320).  Semper Fi.

Accompanied by Cujo - Loud, Obnoxious, Messy, Beautiful, Lovable, Blue and Gold Macaw

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 8 2010 12:20 PM

Pastor

Posts 47
Sam McCloud | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 12:09 AM

Tes:
,I have nothing to say else , all that I am is by the Grace of God I am a Christian. It is because of His loving care not about me. I am glad to say that. I am glad that I have found a place where I can fill in the blank.

Very nicely put, I like reading statements like this no matter what the original topic might have been about. It's good when no matter what direction we go in or no matter where we look, we see Christ and when we do see Him we never want to look away.

God Bless

My Library | Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Posts 669
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 1:39 AM

After being "unemployed" for over a year and a half, I start my new position today as a routes sales and delivery person for a growing company.  I am thankful to be working again and having another great opportunity to be a light for Jesus in this rapidly deteriorating world. I worked for Dr. Billy Graham for 7 years and most recently for the La-Z-Boy Corporation.

I know that nothing is better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives, and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor—it is the gift of God.

...that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you...

I'm thankful to be able to give my wife some rest from her labors and for new doors of opportunity to share the Gospel in word but first of all in deed.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

Posts 17
Michael J Klassen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 3:15 AM

Pastor, freelance writer in Christian publishing, author, theological reviewer for study Bibles. I've been using Logos every day for 13 years!

Posts 18887
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 10:43 AM

Michael Lyman:
After being "unemployed" for over a year and a half, I start my new position today as a routes sales and delivery person for a growing company.  I am thankful to be working again and having another great opportunity to be a light for Jesus in this rapidly deteriorating world.

Congratulations on the new job, Michael! May you be a light to all whom you encounter and do your work well, to the glory of God.

Posts 512
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 10:54 AM

Pastor for 11 years now. Starting my D.Th in 2011.  Special focus on the imprecatory Psalms. Any resources you can suggest will be welcomed.

Posts 88
Nancy A. Almodovar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 11:14 AM

Wife, homemaker,author, speaker,  student, fill-in organist at church.  I am completing my PhD in Theology conc. Apologetics and am writing my dissertation on Justification by Faith Alone:   A Comparison of the Modern Evangelical and the Reformed position as the doctrine upon which the Church stands or falls.  I am utilizing Logos like crazy for my dissertation.

I also speak at women's conferences on the importance of theology in the life of a woman, wife, mom, daughter and female employee (in otherwords, life in general).  Again, Logos to the rescue.

I only wish when I'd published my work (A Modern Ninety-Five) in 2008 I'd had logos to help there as well. 

nancy

Posts 401
Sam West | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 2:21 PM

Retired for 4 years.  Meat cutter for 35 years. Public servant for 16years (County Tax Assessor).

Page 8 of 8 (153 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 | RSS