Hidden Resources

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 129
RGP | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 3 2010 3:03 PM

Hi all, 

I had hidden some resources and I would like to see them again in L4, I have clicked on the x button in the hidden resource folder in the program settings and restarted L4 yet the resources do not appear, also I right clicked some resources and chose unhide but still no joy. 

Does anyone know how to make the resources reappear ? do I need to download them again ?

Thanks.

Posts 129
RGP | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 3:42 PM

I just found this post, all the resources now appear. http://community.logos.com/forums/p/7904/62721.aspx#62721

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 4:56 PM

If I understand it correctly, the Scan command (discussed in that forum thread) is useful for "grabbing" Logos resources for use in Logos4 from another hard drive location (such as from a Logos3 resource directory) or from some other media (such as from a CD).  However, if the resources are hidden, and are downloadable-from-Logos resources, then unhiding/restoring them should involve just downloading them, but this should take place automatically upon restart.  Or, maybe I don't understand it correctly...

Fred

Posts 25111
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 6:46 PM

Fred:
If I understand it correctly, the Scan command (discussed in that forum thread) is useful for "grabbing" Logos resources for use in Logos4 from another hard drive location (such as from a Logos3 resource directory) or from some other media (such as from a CD). 

Correct.

Fred:
However, if the resources are hidden, and are downloadable-from-Logos resources, then unhiding/restoring them should involve just downloading them, but this should take place automatically upon restart.  Or, maybe I don't understand it correctly...

Whether you Hide or Unhide you have to restart L4 to complete the action. If you hide a resource it is removed from  the resource folder and it is restored (via download) when you unhide it.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 9:31 PM

I find the "Hide" and "Unhide" labels give a very misleading idea, and I've seem now a number of messages where others think so too.

I find it useful to think of "Hide" meaning: "Delete" AND "Add to Don't-come-back List"

So, "Unhind" is just "Remove from Don't-come-back List", so it will come back after the next restart (via download as Dave just said).

Posts 129
RGP | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2010 12:04 PM

Hi Fred,

I should have explained myself a little better. I did unhide my resources and restarted L4 a number of times, the resources did not then appear. The link to the thread I posted did explain that as you said " the scan command is useful for grabbing Logos 4 resources for use in logos 4 from another hard drive location "

So I went to the ftp site and manually downloaded the resources in L3 format and created a folder and then ran the scan command for that folder. I then restarted L4 and the resources appeared !!

Possibly their is another easier way to do the above ? but for me what I did worked.

Although having said that their were some resources I did not download from the ftp site and a few hours later without doing anything when I started L4 they appeared and L4 started to index them.

Maybe if I had waited a while I would not have had to go the ftp route ?

Blessings

Posts 1
Geoffrey Read | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 8:51 PM

There is a quick and easy way.

Background: I did the same as you (I think). I hide some resources, then decided I wanted to unhide them. I didn't know I could right click on them and select "unhide", so I clicked the little "x", thinking that would "dlete" them from the "hide" list, i.e., unhide them. Bad news, it deletes them from the list completely, but does not unhide them. So there seemed to be no way to unhide them and get access to them. Surprise

Since these resources were downloaded automatically with Logos 4, and deleted from the hard drive by the above process, I think the Scan command is irrelevent (unless you use thelengthy workaround you mentioned here)

Solution: Killingly simple! Just type Update Resources in the command box. Big Smile

Here is what the Wiki says about "Update Resources"

"Update Resources: Full update. Performs an intensive and time consuming – though generally unnecessary – check against your licenses, the books on your computer and the server to ensure that you have everything."

And it worked like a gem.

My big complaint is that there is still no information about this under "hide" or "unhide" anywhere more obvious, as far as I know. Confused

The help files are still very skimpy. Furthermore, there is no search function associated with the Knowledge Base, so it is hard to find out wheteher and where your questinos have already been answered (apart from here on the forums).

Posts 25111
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 10:27 PM

Geoffrey Read:
Background: I did the same as you (I think). I hide some resources, then decided I wanted to unhide them. I didn't know I could right click on them and select "unhide", so I clicked the little "x", thinking that would "dlete" them from the "hide" list, i.e., unhide them. Bad news, it deletes them from the list completely, but does not unhide them. So there seemed to be no way to unhide them and get access to them.

Until I try it for myself the theory is that:-

• delete (using Del key) or selecting "Unhide    Delete"  are one and the same,
  • clicking the "X"  is the same as Unhide; and
  • Update Resources should not be necessary as
  • restarting L4 should prompt the download.

Like everything else with downloads that you know should occur, they do take some time eg. wait half an hour, do another restart and/or Update Now.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25111
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 11:28 PM

Dave Hooton:
Until I try it for myself the theory is that:-

Well the theory works. I:-

• hid the BHS bible, waited until sync activity had completed & restarted L4
  • confirmed the resource had gone, then
  • clicked the "X"  to Unhide BHS, waited until sync activity had completed & restarted L4
  • The download appeared almost immediately and the BHS was restored.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5
Oz | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 9:23 PM

Thank you Geoffery Read

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS