Force Quit A19

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 3 2010 3:44 PM

The same problem that was in A18 is in A19. I have to force quit the program to close it. I can't do quit, command q, or anything else I have to force quit EVERY time for the program to close. I thought the problem would be fix in the new release today but It wasn't. So what do I do?7875.Console Messages.log

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2010 6:26 PM

Same issue here, based on limited tests. Have to force quit. Release notes mention a problem when using Cited By but I don't use Cited By. For me, even force quit won't do it. I have to open Activity Monitor and kill gdb before Logos will close.

Posts 168
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2010 5:15 AM

Count me in also.

Mark Nigro

Pastor/Teacher/Student/Writer

www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2010 5:29 AM

Jerry Walker:
So what do I do?

This is expected behaviour for alpha software. What you can do is be actively involved in trying the application out and reporting bugs.

... or see item 5c) in the FAQ (see the link in my signature below). And, no, I don't work for Logos! Stick out tongue There's no self-interest here!

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2010 5:50 AM

Stephen I been doing this Alpha thing since it came out. Im posting logs and everything else, so I have that. My problem is LOGOS has not said anything about the problem if its a known issue or they are going to file a report.

Posts 1407
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2010 6:12 AM

Me too. I opened it empty (not even home page), looked at and closed my reading schedule, 7140.logs.zipand it beachballed and wouldn't close.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 3159
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2010 9:36 AM

Everyone:

I'll collect your log files and put them in one bug report and identify each log file with a user so when answers are had I know who to tell what.

Posts 3159
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2010 11:27 AM

Jerry:

What you posted were the Console logs. I need the logs as per the instructions linked from my signature.

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2010 8:32 PM

I just reproduced it so here it is.54006.Archive.zip

Posts 18
Ken Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2010 8:50 PM

I too am having to force quit. Also, my open bible text is now one line and then 7-8 spaces and then another line. I have closed the program, rebooted, restarted, closed the bible panel and re-opened... still no love.

1854.Archive.zip

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2010 8:53 PM

Known Bug.  Should be fixed in next release (coming tomorrow I imagine, there are some other major regressions that need a-fixin).

Posts 3159
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2010 12:01 PM

Jerry:

Did 19.1 fix the issue?

Posts 18
Ken Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2010 12:38 PM

It has for me! Release the wild pigeons!!!Smile

I can close without having to force quit, bible text has no extra lines between each other... life is good.

Thank you for the quick response.

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2010 9:03 PM

Yea Tom it is I don't know what to do its driving me crazy. Tell me what to do.2678.Archive.zip

Posts 3159
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 6 2010 12:33 PM

Ken:

I have no idea what reference you are making with wild pigeons, but it made me laugh.

Jerry:

I won't be able to tell you what to do until a dev tells me, but more than likely they will come to this thread and tell you what to do when they know what is going on. However, do you have L4 on Windows? And if so do you have a shortcut for Close all?

Regardless I'll put up a bug report.

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 6 2010 1:09 PM

Tommy Ball:

Jerry:

I won't be able to tell you what to do until a dev tells me, but more than likely they will come to this thread and tell you what to do when they know what is going on. However, do you have L4 on Windows? And if so do you have a shortcut for Close all?

Tommy I do have L4 Windows, but I do not have a shortcut for close all.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS