7.14 (7.14.0.0024) is Now Available

Page 2 of 7 (129 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 128 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:44 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

The maps need to index and this has to be done online. If your internet is slow it could take a little bit of time to show up.

If the indexing is done online, why does each individual user have to index online?  Why are they not prepared earlier so that each user simply has to download the indexed file? And if there is a reason you have to absolutely do this why not post an aprropriate message in the interface and also the release notes to reassure users the software is not broken but behaving as expected? One would think by now FL after all the software releases they have done that transperancy and clarity i.e. communication with users is an important part of the process. Maybe I expect to much but I really don’t think it’s too much.

Posts 2197
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:47 PM

Because it has to be stored locally for each user. Like I said the issue everyone was seeing was a seperate one, which is now fixed.

Posts 50
Darrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:47 PM

I opened Logos with holding the control key while it booted making it start up with out the Internet. Then shut it down and restart as normal allowing it to use the Internet, the Atlas started working again. You might try doing this also,,

Dell Lap Top Win 10_Home,  Logos 7,    

Samsung gs7 phone

Posts 2197
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:49 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

And if there is a reason you have to absolutely do this why not post an aprropriate message in the interface and also the release notes to reassure users the software is not broken but behaving as expected? One would think by now FL after all the software releases they have done that transperancy and clarity i.e. communication with users is an important part of the process. Maybe I expect to much but I really don’t think it’s too much.

DOC,

If we had been aware that there was an issue we would have alerted users. At the time of shipping we did not know it was broken. We fixed it as soon as we were aware of the issue.

Posts 17
Bobby Bosler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:59 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
Because it has to be stored locally for each user. Like I said the issue everyone was seeing was a seperate one, which is now fixed.

Fixed, indeed! This new Atlas tool is AMAZING! You all have really outdone yourselves! I love the fact that they are so much faster to load and the fact that they are in order!

That being said, I discovered one small chronology issue. I think one of these items are out of order, which appears to be an oversight. See if you can guess which one. :)

Posts 956
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 2:30 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Everyone,

Thank you for your patience, the Atlas Tool should be working properly now.

Though I'm now seeing the maps in the web app, in the desktop app the Atlas tool is still greyed out and when I click through I don't see any maps:

Or is this what I'm supposed to see? I'm confused ...

(Edited to add: I have restarted the app)

Posts 189
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 2:32 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Everyone,

Unfortunately, the Atlas tool is still missing for me. I have downloaded all of the available updates and waited for visible indexing to be completed. I have restarted Logos a few times. Still missing.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 2:49 PM

From what you said initially I got the impression nothing was broken and this was expected behaviour from the software. I am still not clear on what you expected to happen v what actually did happen but accept your word this wasn’t expected.

Philana R. Crouch:

And if there is a reason you have to absolutely do this why not post an aprropriate message in the interface and also the release notes to reassure users the software is not broken but behaving as expected? One would think by now FL after all the software releases they have done that transperancy and clarity i.e. communication with users is an important part of the process. Maybe I expect to much but I really don’t think it’s too much.

DOC,

If we had been aware that there was an issue we would have alerted users. At the time of shipping we did not know it was broken. We fixed it as soon as we were aware of the issue.

Posts 2197
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 3:05 PM

From what you said initially I got the impression nothing was broken and this was expected behaviour from the software. I am still not clear on what you expected to happen v what actually did happen but accept your word this wasn’t expected.

Philana R. Crouch:

DOC,

Hi DOC,

I initially thought that was the case, but it turned out to be something else.

Posts 2197
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 3:09 PM

Yasmin Stephen:

Philana R. Crouch:

Everyone,

Though I'm now seeing the maps in the web app, in the desktop app the Atlas tool is still greyed out and when I click through I don't see any maps:

Or is this what I'm supposed to see? I'm confused ...

(Edited to add: I have restarted the app)

Yasmin and Daniel,

I think there is a separate issue going on. I've asked CS to reach out to help troubleshoot further.

Posts 956
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 3:14 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

I think there is a separate issue going on. I've asked CS to reach out to help troubleshoot further.

Thanks Philana; I'll wait to hear from them.

Posts 189
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 3:22 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Yasmin and Daniel,

Thanks for working to get this fixed! I look forward to using the new Atlas tool.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 388
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 5:21 PM

I am getting just this... can't get anything out of Atlas Tool Crying

Posts 1915
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 5:43 PM

I am also only seeing the video as in Leo's post.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2856
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 6:09 PM

Same here... only getting the video.  When I hover over atlas it says unavailable.  Internet is connected and working

Posts 2
Matthew Sheridan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 6:12 PM

UPDATE: Now working in Logos desktop app and web app. Thanks for the quick fix :-)

ORIGINAL POST: I'm also experiencing the 'greyed out' 'feature unavailable' atlas icon in Logos 7 on windows since updating to 7.14.

When I go to the atlas feature on the web app, the atlas tab opens but nothing loads inside the tab.

I'm a Logos Now subscriber - I'm wondering if the issue might have something to do with permission settings tied to the change over to faithlife connect? Just an idea.

Posts 388
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 6:57 PM

At last the Atlas Tool is working fine, thanks FL.

Posts 956
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 7:04 PM

It's now working for me as well. Thanks Yes

Posts 1915
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 7:10 PM

Still not working for me for some reason.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 388
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 7:22 PM

Try close and restart Logos...

Page 2 of 7 (129 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS