Why is Logos always updating and indexing

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Don Macfarlane | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 2 2018 6:04 PM

Almost every time  I start up logos it insists on indexing or installing more material that I do not want. This all takes time  and uses up my valuable time. Is there a way to stop this nonsense and let me get to work using the system. I am almost at the point of uninstalling Logos and going to a more user friendly software. I am using the Platinuim series and have spent a lot of money on Logos and am finding it not worth the money. 

Posts 1073
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 6:16 PM

Go into Tools-->Program Settings. Scroll down and turn automatic updates to "Off".

Life will be better.

Note: It may take a few restart cycles before all the current indexing stops. I then suggest downloading the updates once a week or month as per your convenience and when you don't need your computer for some time. Program updates usually come on Tuesdays and are in the range of 150-200MB. It's always better to wait a day or two and check here first to see if it is buggy before downloading it. Unfortunately, if you've just bought books, there is no way to just download those and delay the program update. But life will still be better.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 24572
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 6:33 PM

Welcome Don,

You can choose to download when you are ready. Go into Tools > Program Settings and locate Automatically Download Updates in the Internet section. If you select No, you can click the Notification (below) when you are ready to initiate the download.

If you don't want the intrusive Notification bar, which appears below this, select No for Show the Notification Bar under General.

If you subscribed to Faithlife Connect or Logos Now you will have access to a different number of resources (download + indexing) every month. Apart from that downloads will update existing resources, add any purchased resources, or update the software (every 6 weeks roughly).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS