Cool Way to Use Biblical Places with iMovie

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 6 2010 10:21 AM

If you have a Mac then you have iMovie, I know in the newest version iMovie 09' you have the ability to have animated maps. In Logos 4 at the top of the Biblical Places you have the coordinates for the location, click on that and when you open Google it will give you the option of using decimal locations, copy that in the iMovie animated map feature and title it with correct place name. You can then convert these into movies to place in Keynote Presentations or other iMovies. This can be great with sermons, you can even start with you home city to give them a sense of the distance. It looks pretty cool!

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 7 2010 6:01 AM

I'm a PC user but if you do one of these could you save it in a universal format and post it? I'd be interested in seeing what you're talking about...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 8 2010 6:52 PM

Sure, I will try to get a video posted. I'm also thinking about doing a video tutorial and posting it on YouTube, I think I can embed it. Might take a couple of days for me to get to it. 

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2010 1:04 PM

Thanks for even thinking about posting a video. I just discovered I had iMovie on my computer a few days ago and I'm going to schedule a class so I can fully learn how to use the software. I'm just loving my Mac!

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2010 1:09 PM

Apple Retail Stores offer many workshops, including "iMovie and iDVD":

http://www.apple.com/retail/workshops/

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2010 6:53 PM

Although written by a Accordance user there is a book called Macs in the Ministry by David Lang which has some great stuff on how to use the Mac. Its a little outdated on its report of progress on Logos 4 Mac, but everything else is current for the other applications. I am using the book to teach a class for the other two pastors at our church. So you might look at that. You can get it at Amazon, I purchased mine at Berean Christian Stores.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2010 10:46 PM

Here is a movie with how I did the map and the finished product.

Blessing,

Philana

Posts 4876
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:27 PM

Philana Crouch:

Here is a movie with how I did the map and the finished product.

Blessing,

Philana

nicely done

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Philana Crouch:
Although written by a Accordance user

Nice video!

David Lang (the author) is actually the VP of Development at Accordance/Oak Tree Software. Given the date the book was published (Feb 2010), the book's discussion of Logos on the Mac probably refers to Libronix 1.2.x.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:23 PM

Thanks for sharing this. Would not have occurred to me. This will be useful.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS