A19.1 - Biblical Places - memory usage

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 7 2010 1:08 PM

I have found that Biblical places has been running very slowly with the new features implemented in A18 and A19. The reason seems to be that when Biblical Places is open and particularly when it is loading Logos 4 uses a *lot* of memory. Much of the time there is less than 5% free memory when viewed in the activity monitor. Is this how Biblical Places is always going to be? Or is this an area where there's still some serious optimisation planned? I know I've only got 2GB memory in my MacBook, but based on what I've read in the forums I expected this to be enough ... ?

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 7 2010 1:13 PM

Stephen Ashton:
Is this how Biblical Places is always going to be? Or is this an area where there's still some serious optimisation planned?

In fact, there are secret developer builds that already address this issue, to some extent.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 7 2010 1:19 PM

Stephen

I've noticed that too, even on my 4GB iMac, so I don't think it is a memory issue only for MacBooks. As you are well aware, brother, BPPT has bled memory even worse than this in the past – to the point of making the whole app hang, (and you and I have both advised folks to keep those items closed in the Passage Guide.) It has improved but only slightly. I am guessing that functionality will continue to improve steadily during the Alpha phase of development (as it has been doing) and will be optimised during the Beta phase. At least that is the understanding I have arrived at over the months that I have been following the Logos 4 Mac forum.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 7 2010 1:26 PM

David Mitchell:
secret developer builds

Not so secret any more! Cool

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS