Alpha 20 Teasers

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 9:35 AM

David Mitchell:
Also new in Alpha 20 will be a sync state indicator (which can be clicked to force an immediate sync) and the ability to drag commands from the command bar into your window or the shortcuts menu.

Glad to see this making it in, tis a useful feature in the PC version.

Posts 42
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 5:18 PM

Wade Bishop:

NOTES! NOTES! NOTES! NOTES! [chanting]  Big Smile

NOTES! NOTES! NOTES! NOTES! [joining the chant]

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 1:57 PM

PhilanaCrouch:
Clippings! I like the look of that on the PC videos. It would be so cool to do that on the Mac.

Ah! Clippings! How much time and effort that will save for academic notes!? Get a pile of clippings then copy them into OneNote (drat! and double drat! - not available in Mac. Sad Yes I know there are alternatives for Mac but none of them come near OneNote for functionality and flexibility. Probably the best program Microsoft has ever produced.)

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 25
Billy Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 5:09 PM

I have to agree.  OneNote is the best kept secret in the windows world.  That is the only program I really miss in my conversion to Mac.  I use Notebook 3.0, but it still isn't even close.  Maybe in it will be included in the new Mac Office suite.

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 5:42 PM

Billy Taylor:

I have to agree.  OneNote is the best kept secret in the windows world.  That is the only program I really miss in my conversion to Mac.  I use Notebook 3.0, but it still isn't even close.  Maybe in it will be included in the new Mac Office suite.

I don't think there are any current plans for  separate version of OneNote on the Mac. The MacBU's answer to OneNote is Word's Notebook view just like the Publishing view is their answer to Publisher. Not quite feature complete, though.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 11:46 PM

Billy Taylor:

Losing OneNote was one of the few things I missed when I switched to Mac.  I found DevonThink to be a much more powerful replacement.

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 4:10 AM

I use OneNote heavily on my work PC and it is one of the best applications available on the PC. However there are plenty of applications available for the Mac which provide similar environments. The one you would pick is based on what you used OneNote for. DevonTHINK is one of the most obvious replacements, but for researching and preparing my talks, Scrivener is better. An alternative to DevonTHINK could be Evernote, which syncs with the iPhone as well ...

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 36
Cedric Delalande | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 5:33 AM

Christopher Esget:

Wade Bishop:

NOTES! NOTES! NOTES! NOTES! [chanting]  Big Smile

NOTES! NOTES! NOTES! NOTES! [joining the chant]

NOTES! NOTES! NOTES! NOTES! [turning it into a choir] Confused

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 9:39 AM

Stephen Ashton:
DevonTHINK is one of the most obvious replacements, but for researching and preparing my talks, Scrivener is better. An alternative to DevonTHINK could be Evernote, which syncs with the iPhone as well ...

I've had a look at these but none of them really cut it. I used OneNote extensively as a note-taking and note-organising resource on my Toshiba Tablet M200, writing straight into OneNote using the pen on the screen. It is just so intuitive, like having an intelligent pad. I organised my notes using sub-pages and note flags. OneNote 2003 was good, but 2007 was even better. Believe it or not the Mac aspirants (because none of them are equivalents) are really clunky in comparison. Notebook mode in Word 2008 is a pale shadow and comes nowhere near OneNote 2003, let alone 2007.

I suppose you can't have everything in this world. Sad

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 9:57 AM

More chanting

NOTES!  NOTES!  NOTES!  NOTES! [turning into Myriads in the choir]

Dr. Kurt Trucksess www.christ2Rculture.com
Posts 45
Jason York | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 10:08 AM

A20 is already here, so you can stop chanting, but without the release notes I am not sure what features will or won't be present. I haven't downloaded it yet, so I haven't had the chance to poke around.  Surprise

Posts 1585
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 10:09 AM

No NotesSad

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 10:14 AM

John Kight:

No NotesSad

Passage Analysis - Morph River Smile

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 10:19 AM

Kurt Trucksess:
NOTES!  NOTES!  NOTES!  NOTES! [turning into Myriads in the choir]

Notes will come when they're ready.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 102
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 10:22 AM

no notes, but lots of little steps it seems in this latest release.  baby steps.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 10:31 AM

Jason York:
but without the release notes I am not sure what features will or won't be present

Think of it like an Easter Egg hunt.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 13
Keith Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 12:19 PM

the shortcuts in A20 are VERY large compared to the windows version

Posts 1585
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 12:53 PM

Yeah thats what i thought...Spaced apart more also. Hope they will be smaller in the future...maybe even an opinion to adjust or remove?

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 42
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 1:30 PM

Alan Macgregor:

Stephen Ashton:
DevonTHINK is one of the most obvious replacements, but for researching and preparing my talks, Scrivener is better. An alternative to DevonTHINK could be Evernote, which syncs with the iPhone as well ...

I've had a look at these but none of them really cut it.

Scrivener isn't designed to be a note-taking application. It's phenomenal for organizing research, outlining, and drafting writing projects. When used for that purpose, it's the best tool by far I've come across.

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 1:53 PM

Alan Macgregor:
I've had a look at these but none of them really cut it.

I didn't like DevonTHINK at first, but after I got beyond the idea that it didn't have a pretty notebook layout and GUI, I found that it was much, much, more more powerful. In fact, the search capabilities are similar to a Bible programme. It even has a fuzzy search.

That said, DevonTHINK does take some getting used to.  It has a big academic community following though.

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS