Indexing never ends.

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 35 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 4:03 AM

Hi Christie,

No, my indexing problem is not solved yet. Hope a fix will come out soon.

Sorry for that.

www.aprendalogos.com 
Youtube: AprendaLogos

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 10:07 AM

Bradley,

Can you give me instructions on how to do the workaround?
Thanks.

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 22
Christie Smit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 1:02 PM

Keep Smiling for Jesus:),

Including my Logos Log Files (zip)

6378.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 19141
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 1:06 PM

Christie Smit:

Is LogosIndexer process still running ?

LogosIndexer.log shows Indexing currently in progress: 608 out of 861 (with no crash).

Logos.log shows application has been closed. If LogosIndexer is running, suggest leaving application closed until LogosIndexer completes OR crashes.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19141
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 1:11 PM

Christie Smit:

Suggest contacting Faithlife Technical Support => https://www.logos.com/contact who has a tool to check for corrupt resources

Half hour lag between last LogosIndexer.log message and application being closed is odd (unless Indexer was paused).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3401
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 3:36 PM

Nielsen Tomazini:

Hi everyone.

After trying to install Logos in a different driver I got problems with my installation. So, I decided to do a clean install of Logos7. However it did not solve the problem because Indexing would always start from 0% every time I open Logos. So I tried to rebuild the Index but it did not solve the problem. So then I decided to format my laptop. I formatted it and began a clean install of Logos 7. Installation ran without a problem, but then Index had the same behavior, it never ends.

I waited for the "second time" index to go through but it did not change. When I start Logos, Index starts again from 0%, every time.

Please see attached my Log files.

3678.Logos Log Files.zip

This bug has been fixed in 7.14 SR-1.

Posts 22
Christie Smit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 7:43 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Nót fixed for me. 7.14 SR-1 installed but Logos goes on indexing without end! After about 57% indexing, the indexer stops; but I can néver use the "search" function, for the message is: "Some search results may be missing or incorrect while your library is being updated".

Every time when I start Logos, it begins to index, even áfter 7.14 SR-1. Hope for a solution!

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 8:03 AM

Christie, the installation of 7.14 SR-1 fixed the problem for me. My indexing is done.
Have you become Beta Tester to install the SR-1? I mean, you have confirmed that you have the SR-1 installed.
I am sorry if I am being too basic here I just want to double check that you really have the right version to fix the problem. For me, as soon as I became Beta Tester and SR-1 was installed, the indexing went though without a problem.

Can you confirm that on the Software information you have the same version as in the image below?

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 3401
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 8:44 AM

Nielsen Tomazini:

Christie, the installation of 7.14 SR-1 fixed the problem for me. My indexing is done.
Have you become Beta Tester to install the SR-1? I mean, you have confirmed that you have the SR-1 installed.
I am sorry if I am being too basic here I just want to double check that you really have the right version to fix the problem. For me, as soon as I became Beta Tester and SR-1 was installed, the indexing went though without a problem.

Can you confirm that on the Software information you have the same version as in the image below?

Nielsen,

Logos 7.14 SR-1 is a service release not a beta version. Our beta version is 7.15. 7.14 SR-1 is what should download when you are on the stable channel.

Posts 3401
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 8:46 AM

Christie Smit:

Philana R. Crouch:

Nót fixed for me. 7.14 SR-1 installed but Logos goes on indexing without end! After about 57% indexing, the indexer stops; but I can néver use the "search" function, for the message is: "Some search results may be missing or incorrect while your library is being updated".

Every time when I start Logos, it begins to index, even áfter 7.14 SR-1. Hope for a solution!

Christie,

Can you please make sure that logging is enabled (the link in post's signature has instructions). Then reproduce the problem in Logos and gather the the logs. Once you have logs please create a new thread, describe your problem and upload the zip folder (this should be your entire logs folder).

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 9:21 AM

Oops, my bad. 
It was quite a coincidence then that just after trying to switch to beta channel the updade started downloading. When it happened I thought I was getting an beta update although the channel switch seemed not to have heppened (and indeed it didn't).
Thanks for everything Philana, 

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 22
Christie Smit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 12:07 PM

My Log Files:

7128.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 19141
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 12:23 PM

Christie Smit:
My Log Files:

Does Task Manager show LogosIndexer.exe running ?

Log files show Logos 7.14 SR-1 indexing in progress (no crash). If LogosIndexer.exe is not running, please contact Faithlife Technical Support (suspect procdump needed for LogosIndexer.exe crash OR check for anti-malware program killing LogosIndexer.exe since three sets of logs have similar Library indexing progress). 

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3051
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 1:15 PM

Any Weird Al fans here?

I can think of a certain Bowling for Soup song to which the title of this thread could be applied, Weird Al style, with appropriate humor.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 22
Christie Smit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 7:01 AM

In the end I had to uninstall Logos totally en reinstall it. Thén indexing completed and Logos work correctly!

Posts 3401
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 8:46 AM

Christie Smit:

In the end I had to uninstall Logos totally en reinstall it. Thén indexing completed and Logos work correctly!

Hi Christie,

I'm sorry you had to reinstall Logos, but I'm glad its working now.

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS