Page 7 of 7 (128 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7
This post has 127 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 409
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2019 11:33 AM

Reimar Vetne:

Mark Nolette:
I can highly recommend the Nova or Nova Pro.

Mark, thanks for your review. Can you use the stylus to highlight text in the Logos app?

Sorry, but as I said, I don't have the Pro version, so no stylus capability!

Posts 86
Chris Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2019 1:23 PM

Reimar, you can use the stylus on the Nova Pro to highlight the text. The stylus essentially functions as any other touch would in the mobile version since it is simply running the stock Andriod app. The "swipe to highlight" feature does take some getting use to, though, as I have yet to find a way to make the highlight visible as you swipe. Conversely, the long press to select & drag functions as you would expect with one caviat. That is, I am only seeing the left teardrop indicator (for lack of a better term) to drag after selecting a word, so (when working in L->R text) I usually select the word directly before the one which begins the passage I would like to highlight. This allows me to grab the left tear drop indicator and after dragging it to the right, it selects the passage properly. Sorry if this is not the clearest description, hopefully it suffices.

Posts 86
Chris Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2019 1:50 PM

I just wanted to drop by and thank Mark and everyone else in this forum. I purchased the Nova Pro over the Mars & the newer, more expensive releases...and I love it. In the end, I went w/the Nova Pro over the mars due to a few reviews/comments that my research turned up, suggesting that the Nova was more smooth and had a more user friendly interface. My main concern was limiting my storage space w/out the option to expand it, but I have not found it to be as limiting as I feared. I house most of my PDFs on OneDrive, download and annotate them as necessary and then upload the marked up version when needed/upon completion. I follow a similar workflow w/Logos downloading books for offline reading purposes. Imo, the one drawback to the Nova Pro is that I feel that the battery doesn't have a great life between charges, but if that's the worst (and only?) gripe then that should offer an idea of how pleased I am w/it.

I have long wished that I could access Logos on my Kindle. I was only able to get a couple dozen of my books converted back in the days when the send to Kindle tool was active and have never been crazy about PDFs-> Kindle. Needless to say, if for no other reason (though other reasons abound), this thread ensures my indebtedness to the Logos forums. With that said, thanks again to all who took the time to provide thoughts, reviews, & answers to questions to those of us who were/are charting new territory. Though I am not as active or prompt as some here, if there are any Nova Pro specific queries, I will do my best to join the ranks.

Posts 409
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 2 2019 5:07 PM

If anyone is still following this thread...   Onyx has just released the Note 2, and the Max 3, both of which have Android 9.0.  One Onyx rep was quoted as saying that an Android 9.0 firmware upgrade would be made available for at least some current Onyx devices.  

I suspect that we may also see a new Nova with Android 9.0 in the not too distant future.  

I'll wait and see if they will offer my current Nova a 9.0 update!  

Posts 2370
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 2 2019 5:10 PM

Likebook has also announced an update to Android 8 for all devices that shipped with Android 6. I can't wait for it either!

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 80
Al Dobko | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 2 2019 6:19 PM

For whatever it’s worth I bought the Likebook Mars last December and it works awesome with Logos, Microsoft Word, Olivetree, Accordance, Gmail, Excel... I use it for my daily devotions now instead of a paper Bible; it’s a real delight to read on.

Posts 87
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 2 2019 7:13 PM

Jan Krohn:

Likebook has also announced an update to Android 8 for all devices that shipped with Android 6. I can't wait for it either!

Yes

Posts 87
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 2 2019 7:21 PM

Al Dobko:

For whatever it’s worth I bought the Likebook Mars last December and it works awesome with Logos, Microsoft Word, Olivetree, Accordance, Gmail, Excel... I use it for my daily devotions now instead of a paper Bible; it’s a real delight to read on.

I'm in a similar boat to Al - I've had the Mars since late December and it works great. I use it almost exclusively for Verbum and my breviary (a pdf version of the Liturgia Horarum). I've gotten so many more books read in Verbum since acquiring the Mars, and have even found highlighting / taking basic notes to work quite well. Having the Android eInk device has allowed me to get a ton more mileage out of my Verbum library.

Page 7 of 7 (128 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS