Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 174
Bob Brannon | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 16 2018 9:24 AM

Hello,

For some reason, occasionally, and most recently this morning, when I open the most recent presentation it is listed twice in both of the above lists.  So I deleted one of them and now they are both gone.  Please tell me how this happens that there are two listed, I delete one, and they are both gone?

Best Regards, Bob

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 9:34 AM

I can't explain why the presentation was listed twice, but you might like to know there is an undelete facility.

1. Go to https://documents.logos.com
  2. Click on your name to get the list of groups you're in.
  3. Find your Proclaim group and click on it.
  4. In the find filter that appears change Available to Deleted.
  5. Hover over the deleted document, and click the Undelete button which appears.
Posts 174
Bob Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 9:45 AM

Got it, thanks!  I had forgotten about that method (use it or lose it, in my feeble mind!).

Posts 77
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 12:08 PM

Hi Bob,

We took a look at your presentation history to investigate. Here's what we found:

1. You created Presentation 1 Monday at 9:47 AM.
  2. Someone signed into the church account took over the edits. They made their last edit at 7:41 today (looks like they uploaded your sermon.)
  3. Yesterday morning at around 9 AM, another member of your team duplicated Presentation 1 to make Presentation 2.
  4. This morning, you deleted Presentation 1 after the sermon was uploaded at 8:18.
  5. At 8:20, the church account deleted Presentation 2.

I'm wondering if maybe the person that duplicated the presentation just forgot to rename Presentation 2. Then this morning you and the church account had the Open menu up at the same time, each saw a duplicate, picked one to delete, and each chose a different one.

Does this make sense, or sound like it could have happened? Maybe check with your team and get back to us. We definitely want to make sure we're not deleting anyone's data.

In any case, we see how this would be confusing. We've got some plans to improve renaming of presentations in the future to eliminate some of that potential confusion.

EDIT: the church account made their last edit at 7:41 today*

Posts 174
Bob Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 12:29 PM

Hello Brandon,

Interesting trying to make sense of this.  Here are inputs to your numbered points.

1) I did not intentionally create a presentation this morning (if that is what you mean, unless you mean Monday 4/9).  I only opened one using gbcdillon.

2)If for (1) you mean 4/9, I logged out using bbrannon24 and logged back in using gbcdillon so I could use NIV - Anglicised (BTW, that is a very burdensome complication it would be helpful to remove.  A group cannot use a purchased Bible, so one has to be sure to log in using the account under which it was purchased).  Today, I uploaded the sermon from gbcdillon.

3) This could have been done by mistake but the person running Proclaim yesterday morning does not even know how to duplicate.  They would have been logged in as gbcdillon.

4,5) I deleted one presentation using gbcdillon.  Then since I knew I would not be using the NIV - Anglicised again for a while, I logged out and then back in as bbrannon24.  I saw there were still two presentations for 4/15 so I deleted one.  Then in a while I saw there were none.

Best Regards, Bob

Posts 77
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:54 PM

Thanks Bob, that makes sense.

For the first point, yes I did mean 4/9. Sorry for the lack of clarity there.

I'll see if I can reproduce this here.

Could you please save your logs and email them to proclaimsupport@faithlife.com? That'll give us a little more go go off of while we try to figure out exactly what happened.

Posts 174
Bob Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:58 PM

Done

Posts 77
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 17 2018 12:45 PM

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the logs. I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary, and I've been unable to reproduce this here.

I'll bring it up to the rest of the team and see if anyone else has any insight into what's happening.

Posts 174
Bob Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 17 2018 2:28 PM

OK, thanks for looking into it.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS