Highlight verses

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Charlene | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 16 2018 6:18 PM

I've printed the directions to highlight a phrase in a verse. My question is this: How do I simply highlight a complete verse in one Bible and have it appear in other Bibles? (Some verses have really spoken to me at certain times in my life and I would like to highlight the complete verse, not just a phrase. And perhaps include a note giving the date and explanation.) OR do I have to do this with each Bible separately?

Posts 28688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 6:32 PM

There are two answers to this question:

1. Highlighting is a note made by "selection." In Logos, you highlight down to individual characters. A highlight in one translation means nothing in another translation because it is a different resource. However:
  2. Knowing that users wanted some of the functionality you mentioned, created a feature called "corresponding notes and highlights." It does not do exactly what you ask, because the nature of highlighting within Logos is different than what you suggest... you do not highlight merely single verses in their entirety. What this feature does do, however, is to find matching underlying original language words in connection with a reference. When you turn the feature on, highlights in other translations will show some of the "corresponding notes and highlights." To turn the feature on, look for it under the resource's visual filter menu. NOTE: you may need to scroll and/or open a drop down menu. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS