A proposal that benefits everyone

Page 3 of 6 (119 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 118 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 8 2018 1:17 PM

Rosie Perera:

Beloved:

Beloved:

I have started a Book Suggestion page for this work, I link to the page here. Show your support by voting.

bump link

This is the actual link (that which you posted was just a search string for finding it; works OK, but this gets you right to the page of that suggestions):

https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/forums/308269-book-suggestions/suggestions/34160098-a-greek-english-lexicon-of-the-new-testament-and-o

I too am fortunate to have the 1979 edition too, but I think it's an excellent suggestion so I expended a full 3 votes for it.

bump keep voting!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 8 2018 1:38 PM

I put in 3 votes as well. Prayerfully this will come to us soon.

Posts 176
Al Het | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 8 2018 3:38 PM

Joseph Turner:
Do you know what those additional reasons might be?  I would think the NIV1984 would be a perfect example of a resource which the publisher does not want competing with the newer edition.

The NIV84 was replaced amidst a significant amount of controversy surrounding gender inclusive language, and the integrity of a "Christian" company doing what it publicly commits to do.  I'm assuming this is what Virgil was referring to (and Denise as well).

Zondervon publicly committing to not REPLACE the NIV84 with a gender inclusive version.  Then, a short time later, they went ahead and did just that, with no heads-up to the public, in the dark of night, as it were.  They snatched up all unsold copies of the 84 version, and forced movement to the 2011.  It was swift and deliberate.  They were making a definitive move and presumably a definitive statement about gender inclusive language, by not allowing people to continue to buy the older version. My understanding was that stores were told by Zondervon that they were "not allowed" to sell the older version.

It would seemingly go against this political (for lack of a better term) and philosophical direction if they then allowed Logos to continue to sell it.

Posts 3239
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 8 2018 4:05 PM

Maybe Faithlife could add interlinears to the other NIV84s they sell?

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 10 2018 9:23 AM

bump

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 10 2018 9:31 AM

Mattillo:

Maybe Faithlife could add interlinears to the other NIV84s they sell?

It seems that would go a long, long way in making the NIV84 UK version fill the gap left by removal of the US version.  Faithlife, please consider this if at all possible.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 11 2018 1:55 PM

bump a comment from FL is welcome

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 13 2018 4:42 PM

Let's get this up over 100!

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2018 9:16 AM

Since we can no longer buy the U.S. version of NIV84, I would like to log a suggestion, asking that Faithlife provide the reverse interlinear feature for the U.K. version that we can still buy.

Since the resource itself is already available for Logos and I just want the interlinear feature added, can someone tell me the right place (or better yet, provide a link to the right place) for making such a request?

Posts 17975
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2018 11:32 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
Since the resource itself is already available for Logos and I just want the interlinear feature added, can someone tell me the right place (or better yet, provide a link to the right place) for making such a request?

Faithlife Contact => https://www.logos.com/contact includes New Book Suggestion email

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2018 3:14 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Rick Ausdahl:

Faithlife Contact => https://www.logos.com/contact includes New Book Suggestion email

Keep Smiling Smile

So... if I'm tracking with you, even though the basic book/resource is already sold by Faithlife, you're thinking the request for the addition of the interlinear feature would still qualify?  I can sure give it a try.  I just hadn't thought of adding the interlinear feature as qualifying as a new book.  Thanks for the suggestion! Smile

If it does qualify as a new book, I'll also go to https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/ and put in a UserVoice suggestion.

Posts 17975
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2018 9:32 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
So... if I'm tracking with you, even though the basic book/resource is already sold by Faithlife, you're thinking the request for the addition of the interlinear feature would still qualify?  I can sure give it a try.  I just hadn't thought of adding the interlinear feature as qualifying as a new book.  Thanks for the suggestion! Smile

Faithlife employee(s) handling new book suggestion(s) should know publisher(s) (for permission) plus resource preparation team (Reverse Interlinears need new resource files)

Rick Ausdahl:
If it does qualify as a new book, I'll also go to https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/ and put in a UserVoice suggestion.

+1 Yes for UserVoice suggestion, which helps Faithlife gauge interlinear interest.

Dreaming of 1984 & 2011 NIV with primary surface text and alternate anglicized (so could display either English version as desired) along with Reverse Interlinear with original language alignment.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 11:21 AM

Dreaming of 1984 & 2011 NIV with primary surface text and alternate anglicized (so could display either English version as desired) along with Reverse Interlinear with original language alignment.

+1Yes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2305

+1Yes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2305

+1Yes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2305

+1Yes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 11:28 AM

Beloved, I get the feeling you like this suggestion! 4 posts in seconds!

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 1:02 PM

Denise:

Beloved, I get the feeling you like this suggestion! 4 posts in seconds!

I don't know what happened!Tongue Tied But it is a great idea

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2018 11:52 AM

Thanks to the soul or souls who put us over 100! I have followed KS4J's suggestion and put in an email request at suggest@logos.com 

Additionally, I referenced this thread.

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2018 4:00 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

Rick Ausdahl:

Keep Smiling Smile

OK ...I did both of the above in an effort to get a reverse interlinear feature for the NIV84 Anglicised version of the Bible.  I.e.,

• I sent an email via the New Book Suggestion email link.
  • I submitted a UserVoice entry.

The UserVoice entry is located at:

https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/forums/308269-book-suggestions/suggestions/34269283-reverse-interlinear-for-the-holy-bible-new-intern 

Page 3 of 6 (119 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS