Self-talk search

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 7
Harold Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2018 9:07 PM

How would I conduct a search to find all of the cases where people talk to themselves, such as Psalm 42:5, where the psalmist ask his soul why it is disquieted and Luke 12:16, where the foolish rich man discusses with his soul about building bigger barns? Or is such a search possible with Logos?

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2018 12:32 AM

Harold Miller:
How would I conduct a search to find all of the cases where people talk to themselves

I'm not aware that this is currently possible. The referent tagging data needed to do this is there (as shown in the screenshot), but the search engine (to my knowledge) doesn't support it. It would be really nice having more robust referent searching/matching.

Posts 17906
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2018 4:15 AM

Harold Miller:
Or is such a search possible with Logos?

One search idea is:

I WITHIN 5 WORDS (me,my)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13347
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2018 5:19 AM

Harold Miller:

How would I conduct a search to find all of the cases where people talk to themselves, such as Psalm 42:5, where the psalmist ask his soul why it is disquieted and Luke 12:16, where the foolish rich man discusses with his soul about building bigger barns? Or is such a search possible with Logos?

Finding all of them is hard because Logos doesn't tag this specific data. The following gets a few. Cross references (e.g. NTSK) might get you a few more. Searching for "my soul" in literal translations might net you a few more (although with lots of false positives).

(<Sense ~ inner self>, <Sense ~ soul>) INTERSECTS {Section <PropositionalOutline = Address>}

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS