Problem with New Faithlife Survey

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 8801
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 19 2018 9:49 AM

I just received a Faithlife survey asking about upgrading but I ran into a problem. See take a quick survey

I think the survey has a serious flaw. I thought "upgrade" in question 1 meant improve my base package not keep the same package so I said "no", I'm not planning to upgrade, rather I am planning to keep the same level (portfolio level). So I tired to go back and change my first answer but I was not able to do so. I even tried to restart the survey but it didn't allow me to do so.As a result the rest of the questions didn't make sense for me so I abandoned the survey.

I think this need to be changed to allow people to go back and edit their answers as I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is in my situation.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1771
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 10:26 AM

Thanks for the feedback, Bruce. We'll see if we can add clarification.

We use upgrade to mean both version to version (e.g., 6 to 7) and level to level (e.g., Silver to Gold). Both are forums of upgrading. But I understand that that might not be sufficiently clear.

Posts 13127
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 11:03 AM

Phil,

You may remember that back in L5 days, Faithlife made a distinction between updating (the free ‘upgrade‘), crossgrading (buying the same level as you currently have but in the new version), and upgrading (getting a higher level in the new version). Although that terminology is no longer used, it’s still in the minds of some old-timers.

Posts 8801
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 11:43 AM

Thanks Phil. I think there are two issues here. One is the definition of upgrading and the other is the ability to go back in the survey. Once I went to the second question I realized that I had a different understanding of upgrading but I was not able to go back and change my answer.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6114
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 12:43 PM

I took the survey and at the end it only said that survey was finished and if I wanted to answer more questions. How does FL know I actually took the survey? There was no actual confirmation like other times in the past.

DAL

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 12:48 PM

A "Back" button would be nice.

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 12:49 PM

DAL:

I took the survey and at the end it only said that survey was finished and if I wanted to answer more questions. How does FL know I actually took the survey? There was no actual confirmation like other times in the past.

DAL

I wondered that also. Maybe it has something to do with the IP.

Posts 8801
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 1:00 PM

DAL:
How does FL know I actually took the survey?

I'm pretty sure that they track it through IP addresses.

Posts 6114
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 1:26 PM

Bruce Dunning:

DAL:

Good 👍😁👌

Posts 1908
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 3:13 PM

DAL:

Bruce Dunning:

DAL:

Good 👍😁👌

How can they do that?  I took the survey while overseas.  I think, however, you had to log in to take the survey.

Posts 1737
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 3:35 PM

Bruce Dunning:
I think the survey has a serious flaw. I thought "upgrade" in question 1 meant improve my base package not keep the same package so I said "no", I'm not planning to upgrade, rather I am planning to keep the same level (portfolio level).

also, answering "no" could be interpreted as "I don't care about new features" but I am doing the Connect Essentials No content to continue to get new features rather than buy an upgrade. So Yes, I do want new features to continue to be developed, I just choose to pay for them via subscription and wait for free engine to release later.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 984
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 4:18 PM

Bruce Dunning:

DAL:

Once the email link is executed, the webpage that is then opened recognizes that you have authenticated using your faithlife credentials. If you try to open the link in a browser where you have not previously logged in, you’ll be required to authenticate before you can take the survey. So the survey is being tracked through your user credentials. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 611
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2018 1:45 AM

Has anyone received their promo code for doing this yet? It said we would get it in May.

Posts 818
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2018 1:59 AM

Stephen Steele:

Has anyone received their promo code for doing this yet? It said we would get it in May.

Good point. Not yet either. Could have used it with all those commentary offers!

Posts 8801
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2018 4:21 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Stephen Steele:

Good point. Not yet either. Could have used it with all those commentary offers!

I'm still hoping to apply it to a few of the commentaries.

Posts 6114
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2018 7:19 AM

I’m waiting on that coupon and the birthday one too. Bday one came on the first of the month last year, but I guess it changes every year 👍😁👌

Posts 908
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2018 7:39 AM

DAL:

I’m waiting on that coupon and the birthday one too.

Me 2

Posts 1129
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2018 7:44 AM

Well, gents, me three!  Can you use two coupon codes for one resource purchase?

Posts 818
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2018 9:08 AM

Juanita:

No. Only one coupon per purchase. If you're buying 2 resources you can of course place 2 orders.

Posts 6114
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2018 10:28 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Juanita:

No. Only one coupon per purchase. If you're buying 2 resources you can of course place 2 orders.

I think if you call a sales rep they can enter codes manually on your order so you can get the most out of your coupons. Double check, though!

DAL

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS