Training Video Transcripts

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 20 2018 5:06 PM

Two questions:

1) Does the Logos free, 10-day video training course have transcripts available for those who cannot use video? If so, how do I access them?

2) Do the online Wistia how-to training videos have transcripts available? If so, how do I access them?

Posts 17909
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2018 8:00 PM

Scott:
1) Does the Logos free, 10-day video training course have transcripts available for those who cannot use video? If so, how do I access them?

Yes, LT270: Study the Bible with Logos: Jonah 1:1–16 has a Courseware Textbook that can be opened from Library OR opened in Courses Tool

30 Day Bible Study course => LT271: Study the Bible with Logos: Jonah 1 is also a Mobile Education course that has Courseware Textbook (with transcript and links) plus videos.

FYI: videos can be downloaded for offline viewing.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 3:21 PM

That's good to hear! I didn't realize it was in my library. It had appeared to be something you had to sign up for by email.

As for my other question, I've been on LogosPros and Wiki for two days and haven't found any text how-to or transcripts.

NEWS FLASH: Not everyone is able to see and hear video. Let's see the how-to in text too!    

I know there are occassional training step-by-step articles over at LogosTalk. I also know these forums are full of insight. My problem with these are two-fold. First, the articles usually are a bit advanced for me. I'm introductary level right now. Second, I have not been successful searching either site. I get thousands of matches that aren't helpful. Maybe I'm just not a very savvy searcher. I certainly don't know Logos well enough to know what keywords to use.

I could use any tips, tricks, links, etc. Most of all, oI could really use a trove of basic how-to text, if you know where one is.

Posts 21869
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 3:44 PM

Hi Scott

Are you looking for “how-to Guides” on:

1. use of Logos features - Passage Guide, Explorer Tool, Clippings etc
  2. tasks - finding dictionary articles, searching for biblical passages, writing a sermon, etc
  3. both of the above
  4. something else

Graham

Posts 18
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 8:01 PM

Graham

3. Both of the above.6

Posts 21869
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 12:21 AM

Scott:
3. Both of the above

For 1 does the helpfile give you any of what you are looking for?

For example the introduction to Guides is here (click the link) which leads on to an overview of how to use the Passage Guide

Similarly you can find information about the Explorer Tool

More extensive details are at https://www.logos.com/product/130496/mp-seminars-logos-7-training-manual-volumes-1-3 - this does cost and I don't know if / how much they have been updated to keep track of new features added since the Logos 7 launch.

I don't have them but I believe others have found them useful

Posts 17909
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 9:43 AM

Scott:
That's good to hear! I didn't realize it was in my library. It had appeared to be something you had to sign up for by email.

Signing up for email sends 10 day reading plan with video links. Thankful for transcription of Mobile Education videos being in Courseware Textbook resources.

Scott:
As for my other question, I've been on LogosPros and Wiki for two days and haven't found any text how-to or transcripts.

Logos wiki has => Getting Started with Logos

Scott:
I know there are occassional training step-by-step articles over at LogosTalk.

Logos Blog has many Training Articles => https://blog.logos.com/category/training/

Scott:
My problem with these are two-fold. First, the articles usually are a bit advanced for me.

If an article (OR wiki page OR help ...) is too advanced, please start a forum thread about the item with your question(s). Thankful for many friendly forum discussions: have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS