Is this version of Septuagint included in Feature Expansion Master Collection?

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5094
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 20 2018 5:16 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/53313/feature-expansion-master-collection  

Listed as part of the Feature Expansion Master Collection is "Septuagint" which by the asterisk it indicates I don't have license.

The new to me section says there are 19 new resources but only lists 18 and the Septuaginta is not in the list of 18 so I assume it is the mystery 19th resource.

I can get the same 18 listed recourses as part of Sermon Finder Collection for a lower cost but a same total value because of missing resources 19 - the Septuagint form the new to me listing above. So I assume the difference is cost is for the Septuagint - https://www.logos.com/product/52476/sermon-finder-collection 

When I follow the link from the master collection to get more information about this version of the Septuaginta its description is in Spanish and has a resource id: LLS:1.0.300 from the web page link, it's an old resource from Logos Library System days.

https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_1.0.300/septuaginta 

Not the highlighted text in the description. It is suggesting it contains an introduction in Modern Greek, Latin, German and English - which is not the case the Morph Tagged Septuagint I have (LLS:1.0.301), only has a preface and text, or newer one form SESB which has text only an no front matter at all.

So is LLS:1.0.301 actually included in Feature Expansion Master Collection or not?

Maybe someone who has some Spanish resources form the LLS2.0 or earlier days can check and see if you have this version of Rahlfs and identify if it contains the front matter or is just the biblical text also, and it if has morph tags or not. Hopefully someone form FL will see this post and confirm if this is actually in the Feature Expansion master collection or not.

Posts 688
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 6:29 PM

That mystery resource is also supposed to be contained in this collection.

https://www.logos.com/product/144301/textual-variants-collection

What results do you get when you click on that?

You can always purchase it and return it. I'd contact CS. Dale Heath

Posts 688
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 8:21 PM

I would purchase the lower priced set and then see what the dynamic price drops to on the other set. It should be dirt cheap. You can always return it.

Remember to use the $20 off $100 coupon if you can find something else to purchase.

Dale Heath

Posts 10109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 6:09 AM

Dale E Heath:

I don't see that - the old Spanish-described Septuagint LLS:1.0.300 (which by the way as far as I know, is unmorphed) is not listed there - instead it uses Brenton's Septuagint (= Codex Vaticanus, unmorphed) and the Logos-morphology version of Rahlf's Septuagint = LLS:LOGOSLXX . 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 8:33 AM

NB.Mick:

Dale E Heath:

I don't see that - the old Spanish-described Septuagint LLS:1.0.300 (which by the way as far as I know, is unmorphed) is not listed there - instead it uses Brenton's Septuagint (= Codex Vaticanus, unmorphed) and the Logos-morphology version of Rahlf's Septuagint = LLS:LOGOSLXX . 

It is included in the Textual Variants (47 volume) collection: that's https://www.logos.com/product/53129/textual-variants-collection. It's not included in the 48-volume update to that collection which Dale listed. The 47-volume collection is no longer for sale.

Posts 5094
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 12:09 PM

But the description suggests it was the morphed edition - 1.0.301 which I already own while the link is to 1.0.300

Mark Barnes:

NB.Mick:

Dale E Heath:

It is included in the Textual Variants (47 volume) collection: that's https://www.logos.com/product/53129/textual-variants-collection. It's not included in the 48-volume update to that collection which Dale listed. The 47-volume collection is no longer for sale.

Posts 688
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 8:36 PM

Does this screenshot help? Choose a file and I can post the data from it.

6545.screenshot1.docx

This is from #1. The pop up description is in Spanish, the others are in English or German.

3302.screenshot2.docx

I couldn't paste the screenshot directly. How do you do that?

Dale Heath

Posts 5094
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 9:32 PM

Dale to attach screenshots you click on paperclip icon but your workaround was fine.

Can you show a screen shot similar to this one below with the support info included for the same resource as in your other screen shots.

It should have a resource id of lls:1.0.301, also can you confirm if any other information besides the preface in English is included? The description in Spanish says it includes introductions in greek, german, Latin and English. Is this the case?

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 4:52 AM

The one I have tagged FeatureExpansionMasterCollection and on this laptop has Last Updated 2 days after i bought the collection is:

LLS:1.0.300
2012-03-21T21:10:57Z
LXX:NON.logos4

Septuginta. (1979). (electronic ed) Stuttgart: Deutche Bibelgesellschaft

Posts 5094
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 4:56 AM

Thanks Robert, is there introductory material in german, Latin, Greek and English as implied by the product description of this resource (written in Spanish) ?

Posts 10109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 4:58 AM

Robert Harner:

The one I have tagged FeatureExpansionMasterCollection and on this laptop has Last Updated 2 days after i bought the collection is:

LXX:NON.logos4

Septuginta. (1979). (electronic ed) Stuttgart: Deutche Bibelgesellschaft

Robert,

does this version have any front matter (like introductions etc) prior to starting with Genesis? If so, maybe you could share a screenshot or an example.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 5:58 AM

doc & Mick I'll do this in two posts. First the table of contents

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 6:00 AM

Below is the complete Prefix:

SEPTUAGINT

EDITORS PREFACE

Eberhard Nestle, D.D. an editor of the well-known Stuttgart Pocket Edition of the Greek New Testament, began just before the outbreak of the Great War, at the request of the Würrttemburg Bible Society, to prepare a pocket edition of the Greek Old Testament (Septuagint) as well. His death in 1913, however, prevented this object from being fulfilled. In order to preserve a specimin of E. Nestle’s work, his unfinished edition of the book of Jeremiah, with parallel Greek and Hebrew texts, was rounded off and published by his son, Studienrat Erwin Nestle, D.D.Ph. D., in collaboration with Pastor Johannes Dahse. The Württemburg Bible Society did not, however, abandon the idea of publishing a pocket edition of the Septuagint, but sought for an additional editor. Thus it came about that in the last year of the War, 1917 to 1918, agreed to take over the task of editing this pocket edition. By then I had already for a long time been engaged in Septuagint research, having been for nearly ten years Director of studies in the Septuagint at the “Gesellschaft der Wissenschaften” at Göttingen, While occupying this position, I had the task of producing a large critical edition of the Septuagint. As it was, however, impossible, owing to the outbreak of the Great War, to make the necessary completions to the collection of photographs of the Manuscripts, the editing of this large work had to be temporarily postponed. Hence, the idea of producing a small critical edition instead of the larger one found the approval of the Göttingen Septuagint Commision. The post-war period brought all kinds of obstacles in its train, and it was not until 1922 that a specimen section of this small edition was published, by commission of the Department of Septuagint Research: “Das Buch Ruth griechisch, als Probe einer kritischen Handausgabe der Septuaginta herausgegeben von Alfred Rahlfs”. After this had appeared, I set to work upon the preparation of an edition of Genesis, which was published in 1926 under the title of “Septuaginta Societatis Scientarium Gottingensis auctoritate edidit Alfred Rahlfs”. This volume, as well as the edition of Ruth, was published by the Württenburg Bible Society’s Press. The considerations which had to be taken into account in the textual criticism of Genesis proved entirely different from those concerning Ruth, and the critical apparatus extended further in the case of the the former than in that of the latter. Thus the edition of Genesis assumed a form midway between that of a pocket edition and that of the larger edition which had been previously proposed. There was at first a ready sale for this edition of Genesis, but it happened that, when only about a quarter of the edition had been disposed of, its sale came to a standstill. Consequently, when the manuscript of the Psalms, which should have come next in the order of publication, was nearing completion, the Bible Society declared that future issues could not be permitted to assume as full a form as that of the edition of Genesis. At the same time, the “Gesellschaft der Wissenschaften” once more gave consideration to the possibility of the publication of the larger edition. As a consequence of this, the Bible Society assumed its original plan of publishing a small pocket edition Subject to the aproval of the “Gesellschaft der Wissenschaften”, I declared myself willing to prepare a pocket edition on the textual basis of the three oldest Greek manuscripts. Thus the scheme was abandoned which had for a time been contemplated, of combining the pocket edition with a larger edition. There upon the Göttingen firm of Vandenhoeck znd Ruprecht undertook the publication of the larger edition. In 1930-1931 they published my edition of the Psalter, which was originally intended for publication by the Bible Society, but which had, meanwhile, been still further enlarged, and now appeared as Part X of the big work. This full edition is designed for detailed study, and is intended to cover all available material. The pocket edition confines itself, in the main, to the three most important manuscripts, B,S, and A, and rfers only incidentally and where it seems needful to other material. The aim of this work is to provide clergy and students with a reliable edition of the Septuagint at a moderate price, and thus to supply an important companion and aid not only to the study of the Old Testament, but also of the New Testament. It is my hope that this volume may adequately fulfil its purpose.

Alfred Rahlfs. D.D. Ph D.

ΓΕΝΕΣΙΣ
1 Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἐποίησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν οὐρανὸν καὶ τὴν γῆν. 2 ἡ δὲ γῆ ἦν ἀόρατος καὶ

Septuaginta. (1979). (electronic ed., Ge 1:1–2). Stuttgart: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft.

Posts 688
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 6:06 AM

Here's everthing I have on this resource.

LXX_NON.logos4

The preface is in English only and then begins book 1 of 61 in Greek only.

I get an error when I copy the screenshot directly and post. Dale Heath

This is with all columns activated.

1614.screenshot5.docx

This is the last book.

2100.screenshot3.docx

Info.

4857.screenshot4.docx

Posts 688
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 6:21 AM

Another shot of Robert's information. Dale Heath.

2781.screenshot6.docx

Posts 10109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 7:05 AM

The preface in the LLS:1.0.301 (Septuaginta: Morphologically Tagged Edition, LXX) is exactly the same as in the LLS:1.0.300 Dale & Robert own. 

Posts 5094
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 7:05 AM

Thanks Dale and Robert. I think we can say that 1.0.300 which you both have is essentially the same as 1.0.301 which I have with the only difierence being the one I have is morphological tagged - first screenshot below and that the description for 1.0.300 which you both have is wrong in stating it contains introductory material in multiple languages  (modern Greek, latin, German and English - second screenshot below.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS